PDA

View Full Version : Brakes again

BAD HABIT
03-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Looking to replace all 4 and rotors. Want something thats not gonna brake ha the bank. Im not using the ones I got before, may go with black d&s ones. Whats everyone running with luck. The ones I been usinh worked great for a few yrs now, and the pads are about done. So I figured get everything new again.

on tapatalk from my GS3....

AWE Daniel
03-19-2013, 08:34 PM
I too gave up on the brakemotives, the front ones on the avenger warped in around 6 months, regular ol cheapos for me now. If you have to get the performance I would go just for the drilled, not the slotted and drilled. Too much material and surface area gets lost in the slotted sections, they really don't help.

That's a shame you guys had bad luck with the brakemotives. I just changed my pads on the fronts for the first time since install. The rotors are like new and the pads lasted way longer than I had thought they would. D&S is the only type of rotor that has ever given me this type of braking performance.

AWE Daniel
03-20-2013, 08:05 PM
It's possible I just got a bad set, the ones I had on the truck never gave me a problem and I still have the rears on the avenger. Just stinks they warped so quickly and the warranty against warping is only 90 days, and they aren't any places around here that will turn them.

Jay brakeperformance.com has the black ones, from what I saw they come completely black and then the coating on the friction surface wears off quickly and looks like the pictures.

BAD HABIT
03-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Just for the record, I didnt have any problem persay. There is junk build up in the drilled spots. And I have had my set for about 4yrs and the pads are just worn out, I just figured after the years of abuse why not buy all new stuff.

BAD HABIT
03-30-2013, 11:01 PM
D ill probably buy those black ones. I also am picking up some new belltect shocks. And harold "demon" is sending me a set of door handles to have painted. Schwing.

4XLGator
03-31-2013, 09:09 AM
Cool beans!

Sent from Lee's iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

BAD HABIT
04-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Cool beans!

Sent from Lee's iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

You and my father in law are the only people I know to use this phrase, and for some reason I smile everytime.

4XLGator
04-01-2013, 06:47 PM
^ LOL. Most people look at me funny when I say it.

blackshadow
04-05-2013, 08:00 PM
I replaced my rotors with in the first year, for some reason the rotors got warped and i got new ones from napa and havn;t had any trouble since.

benni52
05-03-2017, 04:45 AM
You can't go wrong with Power Slot Cryo rotors. Then consider getting Hawk ceramic pads for improved braking.