PDA

View Full Version : AAC Halos in 02-05 headlights

02Steve1990
03-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Has anyone installed these in their 02-05? I'm going to give it a shot, I just don't know how to take apart the headlight housing. I have heard of putting it in the oven to heat the glue up, but as far as any bolts or screws I need to take off, I am unaware. If anyone knows how to take them apart and/or has installed these halos please chime in!

Onk
03-07-2013, 11:29 PM
AweDan would be a good person to get info from on taking the headlights apart

< Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk >

AWE Daniel
03-10-2013, 12:29 PM
After you have the headlights off the truck, you can see there are I think 2 tabs on the top and bottom.

I put the oven at 250, and let them sit in there for around 8-10 minutes, when they come out the glue holding the lens on should be nice and warm, so get a long flathead screwdriver and run it in the seam and be careful with the 2 tabs, they can break easily. Once all the glue lets go they just pop off.

When you go to put it back together, get some black silicone and run it in the channel and put the housing and the lens back in the oven same temp for around the same time, then fit the two pieces back together and use something to hold them tight together, I used a ratchet strap, just be sure not to scratch the lens.

Also make sure when you are finishined and ready to put it back together to make sure to clean the hell out of the inside of the lens, the last thing you want is fingerprints or smudges in there, trust me.

As far as after the whole thing is apart, you will see the bezel fits inside the clear lens, not the back part, it stays in place when you pull the lens out, you will have to pull that out to install the halos, it should come out easy. If there is any dried glue holding it in, just pop it in the oven again.

LB3711
03-10-2013, 02:14 PM
use some sort of gloves to prevent finger prints. Either cloth or latex

02Steve1990
03-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm going to give it a shot soon, I just want to make sure I research it thoroughly so I don't screw it up lol

Onk
03-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Told ya Dan was the man