View Full Version : Bathroom repair/remodeling

Smitty
02-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Any construction professionals on the forum? Thought I would ask for some comments/advice etc.

We have 2 bathrooms that are back to back. Seems the shower pan in one bathroom is leaking and allowing water to leak into the other bathroom causing some damage.

So, we thought that since things are going to be tore up for repairs might as well do some remodeling/upgrades. House is around 30 years old with original toilets/manifolds/fixtures/valves etc. Planning on replacing most of those and going from there.

In the getting estimates phase now. Planning on getting estimates from 5 different companies. Looking at companies that are recommended by various referral companies. Free versions of Angie's list per se. Still considering signing up for Angie's list also.

I know we need to check for/with licenses, insurance, bonded, BBB, state, etc on each of the companies.

Anything else I need to do, watch out for? Do's, Don't do's. Suggestions, comments.

Anyone want to come to Florida and do it?

Thanks!

SmokedRam
02-14-2013, 06:12 PM
I have a good friend that owns a remodeling company, if you're interested...

Smitty
02-14-2013, 07:04 PM
I have a good friend that owns a remodeling company, if you're interested...

Sure...pass along the info...or PM me.

Thanks,

LB3711
02-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Also find customers they did work for and see what they say about their work. Most websites are only as good as who ever puts the info up like Carfax. Need to get to the people they did work for.

Smitty
02-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Sure...pass along the info...or PM me.

Thanks,

Hey Smoked...find the info?

SmokedRam
02-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Sent ya a PM bud.