View Full Version : Time to replace front end parts

speedy
11-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Alright guys/gals I've never had to buy front end parts on anything I have ever owned. Well my 06 1500 2wd with a 2/5 drop has developed some front end issues that need to be fixed. The front left wheel bearing has started roaring and I believe there is a little slack in both upper ball joints. I had no help so I couldn't really see anything. But when backing up and turning the wheel sharp in either direction would cause, what feels like, the front end to "jump". I want to go ahead and change all this out before something bad happens. With 80,000 miles it's probably for the best.

My main question is what brand hub assembly should I go with that won't cost me too much. I've seen a few brands but none I recognize or that I'm familiar with.

Now for the front end I have found a seller (worldsuspension) on eBay that sells everything for $178 shipped. Its upper control arms with ball-joints, lower b-joints, and tie rod ends. It all has a 1 year warranty. Would I be better off getting all of it locally?

Thanks

SmokedRam
11-05-2012, 01:33 AM
Here are Advance Auto Parts prices for LIFETIME WARRANTY parts....

Lower Ball joints, Part No. DW-K7465...$21.99 x2 = $43.98

MOOG brand upper control arms w/ball joints $109.99 x2 = $219.98
Right side Part No. RK620174, LEFT side Part No. RK620175

MOOG Control Arm bushing (sure you will want to replace these too) $21.99x2= $43.98
Part No. K200186

Now, GRAND TOTAL of that stuff is $307.94 plus sales tax, BUT...order on their site and use code P20 and you will get $50 off...dropping the price to $257.94 plus tax. You can either pick the stuff up in store, or have it shipped free. With them being lifetime warranty, you will NEVER have to buy these parts again. So this is the better deal for sure.

That being said, I would pay the extra $$$ for the lifetime warranty, better quality parts from Advance.

For the hubs, do you have 4 wheel ABS or 2 wheel?

If 4 wheel ABS, you can get from Advance, Part No: NT515073 using the above coupon code, making both sides $229.98

If 2 wheel ABS, you get Part No. NT515072 and with the above code, both sides would be $191.98

speedy
11-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Man I appreciate you finding all those prices. Lifetime warranty sounds a lot better.. Ill have to go in their site tonight and order it all.

BAD HABIT
11-05-2012, 02:52 PM
I've bought stuff from world suspension, and its decent stuff, its called white box parts, most repair shops will use these when servicing vehicles. I used that same kit last fall when I did my front end, now I'm on a 2/4 drop, when these parts do fail bet I'm going with a lifetime part......

BAD HABITS BADASS EVO ON TAPATALK TRANSPARENT...

SmokedRam
11-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Man I appreciate you finding all those prices. Lifetime warranty sounds a lot better.. Ill have to go in their site tonight and order it all.

Not a problem at all bud. Everything there is lifetime warranty with the exception of the hub bearing assembly's. Advance doesnt offer any with a LLW. Just a one year warranty.

speedy
11-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Yeah I noticed that. That's alright. Hopefully they'll last me until I decide to trade her in the near future on a newer hemi.

Got everything ordered.. Funny... usually when I order stuff for the ram I'm usually excited. Not so much tonight ha.

4XLGator
11-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Good luck with the repairs, Speedy.

Adam, good lookin' out!

speedy
11-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Thanks!