PDA

View Full Version : Paw for Patriots

Tampa Wax Slingers
10-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Since this is not officially an South East Mopar event I will post here for now.

I spoke to Jason last night and passed this along to him, so he is aware of me checking up on this.

A few days ago I was approached via email then phone about helping with a promotion of a show. They have held this event in the past and can't seem to bring in the cars. They had a "group" help them last year, but that group flopped it. This gentleman went on the internet in search of a promotional company for car shows. While skimming through google, he came across our website. Saw what we have done and was extremely impressed with the turnout of our shows. To make a long story short, he wants us to do this. This event will be a motorcycle rally/car show at Quaker Steak and Lube. We will only be handling the car show part. They will be ordering the trophies, advertisements, etc. I will be bringing on ED the DJ with Lee's playlist from between 10am - 2pm. Party Patty and a live band will be taking over after that. I would actually like the car show part to end at 2pm, so its not a long day and so the motorcycle crowd can go on with the drinking and partying. There were just going to do classic cars, but i had them open it up to all makes. If the cars want to stick around for the band etc - fine, not a problem. Id just like our day to end and be able to enjoy ourselves. I will not be doing a raffle table, registration will be $15 day of, I am going to try to make it $10.00 prereg. I will be doing vendors - we have 60 available spots for vendors, vendor prices will be $25.

Ok so this is what I am asking:
Is South East Mopars on board with doing another show?

This is what we will need/expect:

* As many of your club as possibly physically able to participate
* Running the Registration Table
* Parking the Cars
* Being around to the help participants
* Vendor Supervision
* Announcing of Awards

Onk
10-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Hey Jess,

I spoke with Jay today and spoke with Lee and Adam about this yesterday. We as a club are honored that you want us to back another show with TWS/WL but we have to respectfully decline. We dont think we would be able to get enough people together to make it happen at this point in the game.

I will be available to help you the day of the show if you want ( I can MC for ya), but Ill be helping you as part of TWS/WL. Jay said if he can get that day off, he will also be willing to help, and Im sure if others are free, they would be willing to help as well as part of TWS/WL.

SEM is interested in sponsoring a trophy if there is going to be a truck class or a mopar class.