View Full Version : First double din buy

speedy
10-20-2012, 06:28 PM
This is going to be my first double din purchase, so I am stumped at what to get. I have never even owned a flip out unit. But I have always had owned and had good luck with pioneer single din radios. I'll consider others like kenwood & alpine. My budget will probably be around 450-500.

The only features I don't need are navigation, hd radio, sat radio.. But I would like Bluetooth, USB, aux, & a good equalizer.

My ram has the basic radio with 4 speakers. I knew I had to have the nav bezel so I went ahead and bought it. Found one for $85 and it looks brand new. I thought that was a good deal. Anyway what unit do you guys have and would maybe recommend with my budget?

Edit: it doesn't even have to be a new unit. I'll take a older discontinued model.

Thanks.

BAD HABIT
10-20-2012, 08:33 PM
I love the pioneer avh 4200, and that can be had on amazon under 400, I installed one in my father in laws jeep and its sick, I plan on installing one in my truck..
BAD HABITS BADASS EVO ON TAPATALK TRANSPARENT...

speedy
10-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Oh yeah I really like that one. I just punched that part number in on amazon and it pulled up a newer version that is selling for about the same price. A avh-p4400 for 360ish brand new. I may bite on that soon.

BAD HABIT
10-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Yup and there are more features on it, its the same one I'm looking to buy.

BAD HABITS BADASS EVO ON TAPATALK TRANSPARENT...