PDA

View Full Version : Goodyear Wrangler Dura Trac

SmokedRam
11-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Saw these in WalMart last night...a pretty beefy tire for $145 on a 245/75/16..thinking about getting a set of these on Ruby after Christmas...look at these things:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q100/tstewartdepotphotos/nat020209wranglerduratrac.jpg

HammerZ71
12-24-2010, 11:44 AM
They are a hugely popular tire among the Jeep crowd, but I've heard of a lot of sidewall failures when used on full size trucks. It's like they can't take weight, even heard of this with their "E" rated tires.

redneckrocket38
12-24-2010, 12:05 PM
I hate goodyears with a passion. For that kind of price I'm sure you can find a comparable tire in a better brand.

blackshadow
12-24-2010, 12:49 PM
I hate goodyears with a passion. For that kind of price I'm sure you can find a comparable tire in a better brand.

I with you I wouldn't give 2 cents for anything Goodyear, everything I bought new came with good year and they weren't worth a crap my 07 has the wranglers and there cupping so bad that you can hear road slap going down the road, I can't stand it.

HammerZ71
12-24-2010, 12:58 PM
They are basically a "hybrid" tire aimed at giving the best features of an A/T tire and a mud tire. All terrain tread in the center for better highway handling and a longer tread life combined with outer blocks and sidebiters for use off-road and in mud.

For years the only tire out there like that was the Cepek FCII (which I have) but a good many companies are jumping on that bandwagon lately. Another one to look at would be the Interco (Super Swamper) M16. I currently have about 31k miles on my FCIIs and they are just now beginning to show a little sign of wear. Still a good 90% tead on them.