View Full Version : Ever have one of those Projects that.....

03 Rammer
11-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Drive you NUTTS!!!!!!!

:Grenade:

If so post up:

What it was.
How long it took you to fix the issue(s).
Are you happy now or mad?
And maybe some venting too, but the short version.

I'll start

Fire truck horn with onboard air.
4th week so far going on my 5th. WTF
Still MAD
Bought a used system from a guy of Craigslist, He scammed me. Had to spend extra $$$ on parts that were broken. On top of new defective parts, dealing with returns and exchanges.

:flipthebird: Firetruck horn w/OBA

OklaHemi
11-19-2010, 09:32 PM
ah man that sucks. my led conversion. i went to take apart the Hvac control to find that the dual climate control has different bulbs that are soldered and i dont know what bulbs they are.so it is incomplete

03 Rammer
11-19-2010, 09:35 PM
ah man that sucks. my led conversion. i went to take apart the Hvac control to find that the dual climate control has different bulbs that are soldered and i dont know what bulbs they are.so it is incomplete

Theirs a complete write up on DodgeT***.com about the led conversions. Bulb sizes and everything.

Onk
11-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Im pretty sure when Jay chimes in, he will mention the Rim episode....

03 Rammer
11-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Still waitin on Jay????? lol

BAD HABIT
12-03-2010, 10:44 AM
here it is, bought a set of wheels from a guy had slight damage no curb rash just some pitting, so i took em to get blasted by a reputable guy who would then drop them off for powder coating, well a week goes by and nothing, so i call to see if they were done and the pc place hadnt seen em. that fired me up. called the media blast place oh ill drop em off today they are done...so he drops em off the next day i get a call from p/c and saying they arent finished properly she wants me to come look at them to see if they are okay, no they werent i needed em done by friday its wed. i take em back to media place and say i need these done today and done right, the guys helper says these are the wheels he did monday i said i thought these were done fri, no you called they hadnt been touched i did em real quick so he could drop em off at the p/c place....pissed i got, said today and done right, well they were done and done right as the p/c place had em done at noon thurday picked em up came home beautiful wheels now....well i took the truck and wheels fri to the tire shop and had my tires broke off my wheels and mounted on the rims, they dont fit my truck...5on5 lug pattern, supposedly came off a dodge ram 3rd gen...not w/o spacers i was told....here i sit with 600 worth of wheels for sale and get bs offers like 300 cash ill come now....wtf bad episode.....damn i was livid pissed....moral of the story make sure you buy wheels that fit ur ride dont trust what people say....

OklaHemi
12-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Theirs a complete write up on DodgeT***.com about the led conversions. Bulb sizes and everything.

oh i know i followed juchulas write up to a t. but the dual climate hvac control is different. my bulbs are soldered in the other controlers are twist style

Copperhead
12-03-2010, 12:46 PM
My painted headlights a while back were giving me a fit.. UGH! Couldn't find the damn leak that was causing condensation. sealed, resealed and resealed.

Finally had enough. removed the light taped all but one hole up. Put in a bike pump nozzle, taped around it, submerged the whole damn thing in water, pumped up the headlight and traced out the bubbles. DONE! :D

Should have done that sooner.

Igolo
12-03-2010, 01:25 PM
My headlight mod....found an extra set on craigslist for 40 bucks (score), it went to hell from there. I baked them in the oven, got them open, no problems. I was going to get the inside housing done with hydrographics, well they spray the housing with a chemical that EATS the plastic, but they fix it over the course of a couple of weeks. They finally get them dipped and I take them to get cleared. The clear reacts with whatever they did to fix the light but it's not horrible. Anyway when I remove the tape from where the parts were dipped it rips some of the pattern off. I touch it up and reseal the lights. Everything looked pretty good but the lenses needed to be polished, so I got a mothers kit and got to it. Only to learn later that the mothers kit doesn't work good with our lights. Anyway I found something else and got them looking decent but at this point the show I was trying to have them on for is coming up so I pull the front fascia off and begin putting the lights on when I realize one lense didn't get seated all the way back into the housing so it doesn't fit correctly on the car. The damn lights are in a box and hadn't been touched since...lol

03 Rammer
12-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Hopefully you guys feel a little better about the issues now. Jay that really sucks, thats why I stick with OEM's you never know what your really getting if you buy them used. OEMs you always know.

The headlight issues. Thats why I bought some ebay ones. I was going to take mine apart but decieded not to mainly for those reasons.

Keep the mods gone bad coming. Hopefully this will help others in the future learn from our mistakes.

Igolo
12-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Keep the mods gone bad coming. Hopefully this will help others in the future learn from our mistakes.

Not even sure I learned from it, I'm thinking bout trying it again...lol

03 Rammer
12-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Not even sure I learned from it, I'm thinking bout trying it again...lol

But now this time you have experiance and you know what not to do and what to do.

Igolo
12-05-2010, 07:10 PM
But now this time you have experiance and you know what not to do and what to do.

Let's hope so...lol

Fla 66 cuda
12-05-2010, 07:20 PM
When i bought my cuda i had to rebuild the suspension/brakes/steering all was going well till i tore down the leaf spring packs and cleaned painted and reassembled them i had ordered new poly bushings got to that point fronts fit fine rears fell thru the hole took the rears back and got different ones they too fell thru measured the hole went back to gearhead, ed the owner searched and finally had mancini racing make some, this whole process was about eight weeks alone, i was so angry i did not go in the garage for awhile.

BOS/SRT
12-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Dude! I wouldn't know where to begin.... Just about everything you see was either made and installed by me. I consider myself good with my hands, but seems like regardless how much planning I do, I always run into issues. Fortunately I always seem to get through and end up with a better result than expected. Now that also includes a lot of alcohol consumption (hmmmmm), cuts, aches, pulling of hair and non stop cursing....

Fla 66 cuda
12-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Well it turned out great well worth the aggravation i suppose.