View Full Version : AirAid Modular Intake Tube review

SmokedRam
08-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I traded my old stock headlights to Daniel for an Airaid modular intake tube, tube fits both the 4.7 and 5.7 (5.7 uses a throttle body to intake coupler supplied by Airaid.) Anyway, I finally put it on this weekend and I wanted to offer a little review of it.

Here is a pic of mine installed:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q100/tstewartdepotphotos/574492_316787445084222_180131317_n.jpg

First off, assembly is easy, all it takes is a 10mm wrench to loosen the 2 bolts that hold the stock air hat onto their brackets and a flat head screwdriver to loosen the clamps that hold the stock corrugated intake tube to the air hat and filter housing and the air hat to the throttle body.

Reassembly is also a piece of cake with the only difficulty coming with the 4.7, like I mentioned earlier the 5.7 kit comes with a new throttle body to intake tube coupler, the 4.7 however uses the factory throttle body to intake tube coupler and it is ribbed. The ribs in the factory coupler make it a PITA to squeeze over the Airaid intake tube cause it has a lip, but with a little patience you can get it all the way on.

I haven't driven it enough to notice any MPG gains, but I can tell you this, acceleration with this intake tube is like NIGHT and DAY with the factory corrugated tube and air hat. It also changed the tone of the exhaust during accelerating, and now is a little deeper.

Other than a grommet and rubber pipe cap I had to track down, this was basically a free mod for me since I just traded straight up for it, but I would have no problem at all shelling out the $160 these cost for the tube with a high flow filter now that I know how well they work...for like $370 you can get the whole cold air kit with a conical filter.

AWE Daniel
08-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Glad you are happy with it!

BAD HABIT
08-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Sweet, im glad you like it also, i know of a few guys that run these because they off road there trucks and or dont like the idea of a open element filter. Dont forget there are alternatives to paying high prices for intakes systems, the knock off mopar intakes work just as well as the real deal, and only cost -$100...