View Full Version : 26th Annual Christmas Wish Car & Truck Show

Tampa Wax Slingers
07-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Listen up guys -

This show needs to be a MUST. We need every single one of the members in FL chapter to be at this show. We had to basically pull teeth to get a Truck Class and an Import Class, as well as newer generation categories at this event because they don't feel like there are enough trucks out there to add a class. And because they don't want it to be a "riced out event". This club does not like trucks, they do not like imports, they do not like newer generation vehicles etc. We have joined their club thinking they would be fun, open minded and supportive. We have realized after paying the annual fee, and going to their meetings they are none of the above. They basically treated us as if we don't know what we are talking about and our car sucks. They complained about our Cars & Coffee, they complained about our events because we include ALL VEHICLES, they show up to it late and don't even say "hello", they don't include us in any of their other events etc then bitch when we don't register with them. Between all of you and us - I want to bring in the most trucks possible, the most imports possible and the most newer generation vehicles as possible. I want to prove them wrong, and piss them off. FYI all of the money being raised is for a charity. But I want to prove to them that all of these imports, trucks and newer generation vehicles that they have no faith in can bring the money. Not their same 5 members with the roadrunner, the nomad, etc. We are the newer and better generation, and we can bring it! Let's power up, take time off of work now, and show them what we all have - and that they are WRONG!

Let's show them what a club can represent! We will be vendors basically just to represent all of you!!

26th Annual Christmas Wish Car & Truck Show
December 8, 2012 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Awards
Top 20 (1980 & Older)
Top 10 (1981 & Newer)
Additional Awards: FOMOCO, Chevy, BOPC, Mopar, Import, Truck, RatRod
Best, Paint- Interior -Engine (Stock & Modified)
Best Presentation
Best Club Participation- Need a 10 member minimum

This is our 12th year supporting Mason Dixon Christmas Wish,
and we hope you will be able to join us again!

PRE REGISTRATION: $15.00 Deadline November 28, 2012

REGISTRATION DAY OF THE SHOW: $20.00 9:00 AM - Noon

Save your pull tabs from your soda cans, etc and bring them the day of the show.
We are collecting pull tabs to donate to the Shriners Burn Center.

LINK
http://www.hr-carclub.com/Christmas-Car-Show-Dec-8%2C-2012.php

Tampa Wax Slingers
07-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Ps we have done all of their shows for the past 3 years and have always supported them. That's why we are so mad.

4XLGator
07-29-2012, 07:23 PM
This is at Gator Ford, 11780 Tampa Gateway Blvd, Seffner.

The northeast corner of I-4 and Hwy 579, between Plant City and Tampa, exit 10.

Tampa Wax Slingers
07-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Yes exactly. Ty lee...I forgot to add that

4XLGator
07-29-2012, 07:27 PM
You're welcome

BAD HABIT
07-29-2012, 07:33 PM
thanks for the major advance notice, i will do my best to be there. so count me in...

Fla 66 cuda
07-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Best of luck to ya'll i'm out i won't particapate in any Mason Dixion event [personal reasons]. I'm gonna help you on the import side my son's girl friend is gonna post the link to the show on her face book page as i will too plus i have some connections to the import guys on this side of the bay, Jeremy Tampa bay Racing is the forum to reach the import guys all over the area.

SmokedRam
07-29-2012, 08:00 PM
I WILL be there...

And ya know, I have dressed up as Santa for the ESE kids at the local elementary school. If y'all think it would help prove your point as to how we are in the car community, and I can find a Santa suit, I can do Santa Claus for an hour or so during the event..."Mopar Santa"...

And no, I am not joking...

4XLGator
07-29-2012, 08:05 PM
I didn't say it my earlier post, but I'm in.

Tampa Wax Slingers
07-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Fantastic! It does say best display too Adam! so lets be obnoxious! lol. And Lou that sounds fantastic - please do spread the word.

Fla 66 cuda
07-29-2012, 08:26 PM
It is done christina [sons girl] is posting it on USF car meets also!

NJHemiGirl
07-29-2012, 08:28 PM
So sorry I'm so far away, but I will be happy to post this up on APH's fb page and on APH's forum.

RamminRon
07-29-2012, 08:30 PM
I'll do my best to be there....kinda far off to commit 100%....but looks good right now...I understand what your doing but usually don't like shows that don't want us...just sayin....the cost for me and other SWFL members will be significant...to just get snubbed..

HOTNHMI
07-29-2012, 08:30 PM
You can count on me & my Hemi :)

Onk
07-29-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm in. Let me know what I can do to help.

Tampa Wax Slingers
07-29-2012, 08:33 PM
No no you guys will not be snubbed at all. Its more of just the principle of showing them that they are wrong. And that you all exhist and there is a lot of you.

4XLGator
07-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Let me know what I can do to help.

me too!

SmokedRam
07-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Fantastic! It does say best display too Adam! so lets be obnoxious! lol. And Lou that sounds fantastic - please do spread the word.

Well, let's do it...we can use the SEmopars.com banner for a backdrop...decorated, of course.

BAD HABIT
07-29-2012, 10:09 PM
yall know i love proving points.

UnderCover
07-30-2012, 08:22 AM
I really wish I could come down for this one. I too hate it when you're shunned at a show because you're not in a classic car. If your passion is cars/trucks, it shouldn't matter what you're bringing. I hope you guys do well, and rep SEM proudly!