PDA

View Full Version : Quaker steak cruise in tonite

Fla 66 cuda
11-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Quaker steak has a cruise in tonite from 6-8 pm there is always a lot of cars located on 49th street just south of the 49er flea market on the right if your looking for somthin to do.

SmokedRam
11-18-2010, 06:35 PM
This is why working second shift blows...

Fla 66 cuda
11-18-2010, 06:39 PM
That sucks, but it's good for going fishing on the flats in the early am.

SmokedRam
11-18-2010, 06:54 PM
LOL...my uncle lives over on Hudson Beach Estates and has a couple of Boats...we fish the grass flats all the time...

Fla 66 cuda
11-18-2010, 07:01 PM
I had a boat but sold it was too busy working to use it now i wish i had it. We used to go out of specled trout ramp on the flats off ozona and dunedin.Fished for trout/reds/snook.

SmokedRam
11-18-2010, 07:08 PM
My uncle has a huge snook that frequents the canal behind his house. We have tried catching it off his dock but have never had anyluck in doing so. Off his dock we catch a lot of Mangrove Snapper, jacks, the occasional trout. When we take the skiff out it's mostly trout although last year I caught a nice cobia...I loved landing that fish, they fight so hard.

He has a 21foot Carolina skiff with an 8 foot beam...got a brand new 250 horse E-Tec on it...he just bought a new skiff (not sure which brand) that is 21 foot long...250 horse E-Tec...that ones his baby, he even had a lift installed for it....LOL

SmokedRam
11-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Just had an idea....maybe when spring/summer gets back we can have an SEMOPARS deep sea fishing meet....we can meet up over in Tarpon Springs and go off the Miss Milwaukee II...last time I went it was only $60 a person and you only need to bring drinks and food...I caught a great grouper last time I went...

Fla 66 cuda
11-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Sounds great i love to fish but haven't gone in awhile plus the license B.S. it's not worth it to me as little as i go. We used to go to the skyway pier and fish all night on either side one weekend south the next north. Got a 25 inch grouper and mangrove snappers on the south side several years ago. Got 2 snook at dunedin causway in the same night broke the leader two feet from landing the first one and the second one broke the hook story of my life.

SmokedRam
11-18-2010, 07:18 PM
I was born and raised here...fished ALL my life....and the Snook has always eluded me...never caught one....

Fla 66 cuda
11-18-2010, 07:30 PM
I was born and raised in st pete my father was a diehard fisherman loved fishing as much as i love cars. He taught me every thing he knew about fishing i did not pay attention then, i have not got the skills he had, he only fished for snook and always caught many every time out[he shore fished] knew all the spots never kept more than one meals worth. I have went back to his old spots but no luck they have changed so much in 30+ years.

SmokedRam
11-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Yeah...thats why I stopped freshwater fishing...I used to HATE saltwater fishing, mainly cause I had no access to a boat as a kid. But anyway...developement in our beautiful state has really put a damper on the freshwater fishing lovers...so, now, I saltwater fish 95% of the time...and love it.

Fla 66 cuda
11-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Never liked freshwater not patent enough i guess, salt water is fast action and all kinds of fish it's definitly better in a boat but 30 years ago shore fishin was fantastic.