View Full Version : Florida Weather

BulldogsRT
06-27-2012, 07:20 AM
Ok my friends, how is everyone doing down there? The last time we had that much rain was back in '04' when the three hurricanes hit one after another. Criss crossed right over my place. Hope every one faired ok. I'm still waiting to hear on my place in Lake Wales. Still haven't sold and hope everything made it ok. I don't miss Florida one bit....LOL.

OK you guys take care. stay dry and above all stay safe..

Don & Merry

SmokedRam
06-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Everything is fine here in Zephyrhills...not so much for west side of the county though...flooding and sink holes are taking place.

Fla 66 cuda
06-27-2012, 06:25 PM
We survived with out any major damage my porch got flooded gonna clean it out this weekend [hopefully the charger parts did get damaged,i spent the afternoon cleanin up tree branches in the back yard. Thanks for asking.

AWE Daniel
06-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Nothing real bad here in Gilchrist county, we did get 2 feet of rain but i guess we have better drainage than most. Live Oak got hit the hardest it seems, 80% of the town is under water, some parts up to 4 feet deep. The springs flowing into the sante fe river are all flooded and about 10 feet higher than they were before the storm. I know lake city up the road from me got about 30" of rain and they still have flooded areas. Pretty crazy flooding but lucky nothing here. Everything in Trenton is dried up already and you cant tell a storm even came through!

4XLGator
06-27-2012, 06:58 PM
That's good for you guys, Daniel. But my cousin that lives not far from you in a stilt house on the Santa Fe River are moving their stuff out of their house and into my aunt's down the road, but on higher ground. The Santa Fe is supposed to crest at 26.3' on Sunday and Monday, which is 2.3' above major flood level.

AWE Daniel
06-27-2012, 07:38 PM
I heard that down the road on hwy 47 the river has flooded the boat ramp area and parking area and at ginnie springs its all the way into the campgrounds, crazy considering how some if the springs were so low a few days ago now they are all overflowing.