View Full Version : GM brake issues

Malrick
05-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Got an email from the NHTSA for GM brake line issues since i don't own a gm i let the guy know lol. But if any of you have friends with GM's or chevy's from 1999 to 2007 i believe send this man an email or send it on to other clubs you may know thta can help. Try to refrain from calling him LOL i can see people wanting to blow up is phone line I wil be posting it on a avalache club site as well.

Hello, thank you for filing a vehicle complaint with the NHTSA. The Agency has been investigating brake line corrosion that can result in the sudden loss of brake effectiveness in some General Motors light trucks and SUVs (EA11-001). We are not currently investigating your vehicle for this problem but are gathering information about your vehicles brake line condition. Your assistance with this matter is completely confidential. To respond, hit your "REPLY" button and fill in your answers in the spaces provided:

Thank you, in advance
Chris Lash
Safety Defects Engineer
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Office of Defects Investigation

Direct 202-366-2370
Fax 202-366-1767
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Type only in the areas designated for data entry. Your reply will be automatically processed, so it is important that the form or the message is not altered in any other way.

Brake Line Corrosion / Brake Fluid Leak

Type only in the areas designated for data entry. Your reply will be automatically processed. Therefore, it is important that the form or the message is not altered in any other way. For more information about filling out this form, see the following:

ODI_ID:

This field is read-only.

MODEL:

This field is read-only.

MODEL_YR:

This field is read-only.

Has your vehicle ever had a steel brake line replaced because of:

Type any combination of numbers and letters up to 255 characters.

Has your vehicle ever had a brake line replaced because of crack:

How frequently is your vehicles brake system serviced or inspect:

In your opinion, what is the general overall condition of your v:

Have you ever had a sudden change in brake performance?:

If Yes, what was the cause of the performance loss?:

Can you describe the driving situation and outcome of the brake :

Type any combination of numbers and letters.

Rebel_Lady91
05-29-2012, 04:51 PM
wow that's good to know my man has a 97 chevy sliverado glad he doesnt have a 99, thanks for the info

SmokedRam
05-29-2012, 05:14 PM
wow that's good to know my man has a 97 chevy sliverado glad he doesnt have a 99, thanks for the info

Wait...he owns a Chevy, I would'nt categorize him as that....

:Wedgie:

Rebel_Lady91
05-29-2012, 05:44 PM
LOL adam
His chevy
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/Paige_Wilson/photo.jpg

SmokedRam
05-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Yukkie...no offense.

Rebel_Lady91
05-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Hey That Chevy is a sexy beast I Love that truck!! just sayin.. none taken, but i will say this is he is the best man i have ever dated in my life so not all chevy owners are A-holes.. :) he is a real southern gentleman and I love so much :love62:

Rebel_Lady91
05-29-2012, 05:55 PM
and he loves my truck too he admits that my truck is louder than his...lol

Malrick
05-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Had to sell my chevy had a 94 impala SS loved that car.

Rebel_Lady91
05-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Dang that sucks Impala SS are awesome cars!

Malrick
05-30-2012, 11:04 AM
I know me and the wife had 3 cars so one had to go. As much as i wanted her to get rid of the one she brought in to the marriage it wouldn't have been right. It had 360 rear wheel HP it was mildly tuned. I sold it to a friend of my brother the guy repainted it then sold it made me really sad. He was afraid to let his wife drive it. The more i type about it the more it is missed i will have another some day. Guess i should have told you it cost us 250 a car to park on campus so 750 a year and people stealing parts off it made it where it had to go.

4XLGator
05-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Sorry for your loss, Malrick...selling a car/truck you love really sucks!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gl23bv
Sent from Lee's iPhone4 via Tapatalk

Rebel_Lady91
05-31-2012, 02:08 AM
Sorry for your loss, Malrick...selling a car/truck you love really sucks!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gl23bv
Sent from Lee's iPhone4 via Tapatalk

I agree with lee, sorry for your loss, you will have another one..one day, "don't stop believing, hold on to that feeling!!" WOW! just had a journey moment....:Rock on::hahano: