View Full Version : no more k&n filters

repoman
05-15-2012, 07:38 PM
:birgits_tiredcoffeesoooooooo long to the k&n filter....never again....i stand by their product but after 50,000 miles on it and cleaning it the thing has ran its life.....im tired of clean my TB from the oil it collects, cleaning the intake tube, hey im all for something but i think ill spend 25 dollars every 4k on a new dry filter for the CAI.....to K&N i stand buy your product but i think its TIME TO MOVE ON!

re-did CAI system with catch can and dry filter-a home brew production yes sirrrrrrr....truck runs better than it did with a 400 dollar system on it

SmokedRam
05-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Pics?

Onk
05-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Pics?

repoman
05-15-2012, 08:11 PM
at work will get some taken tomarrow or this weekend...old lady is going out of town so ill have plenty of free time...just need to build a better support bracket....i can see a lil bit of it on the intro pix they were taken same day when i was wrking on it finished tdy....been drive old ladys sport crap around hemi has been parked waiting on computer to come back this week

BAD HABIT
05-15-2012, 08:50 PM
ill be purchasing a aem dryflow soon those are supposed to be good for a long time just no oiling...

HammerZ71
05-20-2012, 10:09 AM
I still run a K&N in my CAI (with a pre-filter) and with about 38k on it I've clean/re-oiled it twice since install. Still in perfect shape, so I see no need to replace it any time soon.

That said, there have been TREMENDOUS advancements in premium dry-filters over the last five years or so, rivaling and even surpassing oiled filter flow and filtering qualities. My next filter whenever I decide to replace it will be either a AEM dry-flow or an Amsoil dry filter...