View Full Version : sts turbo systems for hemi rams

repoman
05-09-2012, 01:04 PM
ive been debating the shit out of forced induction.....super charger or turbo system.....let weight the cost 3k for a turbo system or 5 k for a supercharger.....mmmm....turbo more effective or supercharger....i was looking a sts tdy and im really thinking of doing this ive read tons of reviews and im more sold on the turbo system more so than a supercharger....need some input here.....heres the link.....http://www.ststurbo.com/dodge_ram_hemi_

AWE Daniel
05-09-2012, 01:21 PM
I prefer superchargers myself. More even power distribution. I have friends with turbo setups and it always seems like there is something going wrong. You wont have to run a turbo timer or any of that jazz. It might cost more but i think its better in the long run. Also with the florida heat i wouldnt want to run a turbo. Just my opinion.

repoman
05-09-2012, 01:31 PM
i mean both have their + and - ....i have taken the heat down here into consideration.....but the set up is no as involved as a supercharger kit for almost the same result....paxton and vortech r bat shit crazy out of their minds for the price tag and its not as tuneable and a turbo system i dunno....might have to flip a coin or something soon....this might turn into a group project im bringing the truck the kit and the beer!!!!!

4XLGator
05-13-2012, 12:23 PM
I love my turbo whistle, but superchargers sound badass too! LOL. I know, that's not much help. And I'm sure we could put together a small mod party to help you out with install.

repoman
05-13-2012, 12:28 PM
xl....where about in p.c. do u stay north end ? knights griff.?

4XLGator
05-13-2012, 01:05 PM
West end....Forbes Rd/I-4 area

repoman
05-14-2012, 11:05 AM
ahhh....aw a mega cab on 39/knights kinda like ur it was dark out but it was red...im contacting sts this week to get some more info on the turd-bo system

johnnysart
05-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Sts is almost the same as a supercharger except it runs under the truck.

repoman
05-14-2012, 05:54 PM
mmm...yeah and its a turbo lol superchargers dont work off exaust lol bhahahaha

garner
05-14-2012, 11:55 PM
The STS are good kits. Heat really shouldn't be an issue since it's intercooled(well should be) and I've seen superchargers heat soak a lot more than turbos