View Full Version : Car/Truck Club Petition Times

SmokedRam
11-15-2010, 06:18 PM
So...I was talking to my S10 buddies a one of the guys there mentioned that he has been a petitioning member of the "Severed Ties" CC for almost 5 years now and is just now becoming a "Prospect". FIVE FREAKING YEARS!?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously, FIVE YEARS...and he still doesnt have the rights within the club to run the whole club decal on his ride yet, he is only permitted to run a blank diamond (the border of their logo).

That seems to be a bit much to me...I mean, seriously...I know the dude busts his butt for that club, he should have full club rights and should have had it long ago.

But anyhoo...anybody know anymore clubs with ungodly petitioning times?

Onk
11-15-2010, 07:02 PM
No club is going to compare to us....We are going to be that one club that even MOPAR haters would consider getting a mopar to join!

Fla 66 cuda
11-15-2010, 07:13 PM
I have never heard of such a thing, bike gangs yea, street gangs yea,mafia yea,but a car club if you ask me he's waisting his time. I was president of a local car club here in tarpon[because no one else wanted to do it]and after that i vowed i would never join another club and pay dues to put up with all the petty B.S. that you have in clubs,my wife and i were very involved in the club and were shown no appreciation so she does not even go to shows any more. I support several clubs in the area, at car shows i will support whom i see first. I'm not into trophys just the fellowship of others that have the same love of automobiles as i have.

SmokedRam
11-15-2010, 07:18 PM
No club is going to compare to us....We are going to be that one club that even MOPAR haters would consider getting a mopar to join!
Thats why I feel so comfy here among you all...ya'll don't draw any lines and tell people "no, your truck isnt modded enough" or "man, that truck will NEVER be good enough to run our decal"

Fla 66 cuda
11-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Those are the types of folks that give this hobby a bad name some folks don't have a pocket full of hundereds to piss away on every mod you can bolt on or fancy paint job ect. it takes time we all got bills.

SmokedRam
11-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Those are the types of folks that give this hobby a bad name some folks don't have a pocket full of hundereds to piss away on every mod you can bolt on or fancy paint job ect. it takes time we all got bills.

Unfortunately, in the scene I was in before I got my Dodge, that's the way 95% of the clubs are ran. It has gotten so bad in the "minitruck" scene that if you arent bagged then your truck is not worthy. I lost intrest in the whole minitruck scene after I realized that there is no way in hell that I could get my truck up to par with the other guys on my budget. So, now, I just associate with the friends I made over there and thats about it.

BAD HABIT
11-15-2010, 07:31 PM
a few of the bigger names that places like lowrider magazine run members rides in have "waiting lists" or probation periods but thats just outright wrong never have i gone thru that and i been in the lower class all my life several car clubs and all....

Fla 66 cuda
11-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Did someone say stickers i think i have room for one more![ lol] I agree clubs are social groups in my opinion shouldn't matter how many mods you have that's just wrong it's like they are putting you in a how much money you have class. I appreciate any ones pride and joy no matter what it is or how it looks.

BAD HABIT
11-15-2010, 09:37 PM
yes we have stickers in the works as we speak jus ironing out some features on styles offered...of course the more extravagent the more they are....

AParrette
11-15-2010, 09:45 PM
We do have a probate time here, only until you post the pics of your ride ;)