View Full Version : Plasti Dipped!

DrewRam
03-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Finally got around to PDing the wheels. It is a pretty drastic change so i am still staring at it trying to figure out if i truly love it...

AWE Daniel
03-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Looks Good!

UnderCover
03-10-2012, 08:16 PM
I like it!! I can only imagine what it would look like if the bumpers were black too.. that'd be hot!

DrewRam
03-10-2012, 08:24 PM
I like it!! I can only imagine what it would look like if the bumpers were black too.. that'd be hot!

Thanks! I have said so many times i am not a fan of black bumpers BUT now that the wheels are black the chrome is really bothering me lol. If anybody wants to photo shop the front and rear chrome part plasti dip black be my guest i would love to see what it would look like...

4XLGator
03-11-2012, 07:39 AM
I like them, looks great!

BAD HABIT
03-11-2012, 09:21 AM
that looks really good drew, if you want your taillights done goto ots audio in oldsmar its on tampa rd, just before curlew intersect, ask for Sam. He also is the friday night dj at the checkers/boston market cruise in. He does a great job and can do them as light or dark as you want....

Storm Rider
03-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Looks good Drew.

DrewRam
03-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Just watched a couple videos where they added the glossifier to their Plasti dipped wheels and I am thinking about trying it. Anybody have any experience with it?

NOTPAID4
03-22-2012, 08:54 PM
You gotter' lookin' GREAT!!!

BAD HABIT
03-23-2012, 02:31 PM
I was just gonna paint with gloss black over the plastidip.

Sent from my badass EVO on TapaTalk....

DrewRam
03-23-2012, 04:04 PM
And you are pretty confident it would still peel off if needed?

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

BAD HABIT
03-24-2012, 09:12 PM
I don't see why it wouldnt?, ill have to try it on something.

Sent from my badass EVO on TapaTalk....

DrewRam
04-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Found a screw in one of my tires today damnit! Got done with work and it was flat. It's on the side wall so i am gonna get a new tire which is pretty sweet (road hazard) but it sucks cuz I am gonna have to re dip that wheel now.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

AWE Daniel
04-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Might get lucky they don't always ruin the dip when they change tires, art got lucky like that

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hxqex2

UnderCover
04-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Might get lucky they don't always ruin the dip when they change tires, art got lucky like that

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hxqex2

Ehh, it nicked up the edges a bit. I had to touch it up, and it still wasn't perfect

BAD HABIT
04-07-2012, 09:19 AM
sweet deal...

DrewRam
04-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Ehh, it nicked up the edges a bit. I had to touch it up, and it still wasn't perfect

That's what I figured. I will probably peel it all off and re spray it. They are putting a new one on now.

I tried it, the dip still peels off even when you paint over it.

Sweet! So when are you gonna do it?

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

DrewRam
04-07-2012, 11:31 AM
It looks like crap! I tried to peel off just some the wrinkled parts and cut some off. You are definitely gonna see where I touch up now. Don't feel like redoing the whole wheel at the moment so will have to deal with it :mad:
O and i didnt get a new tire they were able to plug/patch after all

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

Onk
04-07-2012, 01:19 PM
It looks like crap! I tried to peel off just some the wrinkled parts and cut some off. You are definitely gonna see where I touch up now. Don't feel like redoing the whole wheel at the moment so will have to deal with it :mad:
O and i didnt get a new tire they were able to plug/patch after all

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

I thought it was against DOT Regs to repair damage to a sidewall of the tire!?!?!?

DrewRam
04-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Well when I said sidewall I meant within that 10% or whatever they use of the tread where alot of places are not aloud to touch it. They said that the way the screw went in it punctured the flat area/tread so it was repairable. If i didnt have the road hazard and they wouldn't repair it i would have gone to my local guy and had him patch it cuz IMO it was fixable but I wasn't about to turn down a new tire lol. I'm not worried about it.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

BAD HABIT
04-08-2012, 11:48 AM
pressure wash it all off and redo wheel when you are ready, trying to touch up dip doesn't always come out right....

DrewRam
04-08-2012, 06:53 PM
pressure wash it all off and redo wheel when you are ready, trying to touch up dip doesn't always come out right....

Yea its not too bad I guess I'm just picky so i see every detail. I can live with it for now I got other mods I want to focus on before I go back to the wheels :-)

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

SmokedRam
04-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Yea its not too bad I guess I'm just picky so i see every detail. I can live with it for now I got other mods I want to focus on before I go back to the wheels :-)

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

You're no different than any of us bud!

UnderCover
04-09-2012, 01:05 PM

The pressure washer didn't help too much when I took mine off. Peel as much as you can, then spray some WD40 on whatever is being stubborn. That should break it down enough to peel or pressurewash the rest off.

Silverbullet08
04-09-2012, 02:14 PM
^yea i still have a little bit left from when i peeled mine off. ill try the wd40. i like plastidip but hated how faded it got over a couple weeks