View Full Version : Cloth maintenance

garner
01-27-2012, 03:50 AM
Well the new truck has cloth which I don't have much experience with so I was wondering what would be good products for maintaining the cloth?

Also I heard that the cloth tends to soak up odors such as fast food more than leather? Is this true? Any way to avoid this? Had new truck smell in the R/T for over a year until the whole smoke incident and would like to beat that in the new truck

Finally, what are some good seat covers for occasional use such as coming back from a day at the lake, etc.?

UnderCover
01-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Easiest way to avoid fast food odors, don't eat in it! Lol

AWE Daniel
01-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Easiest way to avoid fast food odors, don't eat in it! Lol

X2

I dont eat in my truck, and i wish I could convince my mom not to eat in the avenger, i still have to clean some hot chocolate spots out of the seat from her.

But if you cant help yourself, or you just know you are going to get it dirty, i would scotch guard the crap outta the seats, and use a set of cheap covers.

Silverbullet08
01-27-2012, 05:16 PM
scotch guard.

garner
01-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Well not so much eating in it. But I've heard that just like picking up food from say mcdonalds and going home to eat it the cloth will absorb the smell of the food. Is that true?

UnderCover
01-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Not really, I had cloth seats in my last car, and I don't really remember that happening. You may smell it for a little bit, but air it out it should be fine

4XLGator
01-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Ride home from the drive-thru with the windows down.