View Full Version : Hidextra sale!

03 Rammer
11-26-2011, 06:54 PM
FYI All hid kits are half off till sunday.

29.99 for the hid low halogen high kits (SHIPPED)

hidextra.com

AWE Daniel
11-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

03 Rammer
11-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Sale extended for Cyber Monday!

DrewRam
11-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Do you make a kit for the RAM?

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

BAD HABIT
11-28-2011, 10:15 AM
A lot of guys are running these in there rams, I even thought about it

Sent from my badass EVO on TapaTalk....

03 Rammer
11-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Do you make a kit for the RAM?

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

My experiance with Hid extra is their hid low halogen high kits along with if you ask for the cap packs work flawlessly and are super easy to do. On Cummins forum a guy and I put together a hid for dummies thread and we used their kits because they seriously are that simple

DrewRam
11-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks. I will prob take advantage of the sale then

These are what your saying I would need? --- http://www.hidextra.com/hid-capacitor

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

03 Rammer
11-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Update: after looking around you now have to buy the cap packs also called "cancellors. Their 8 bucks which is pretty cheap compared to elsewhere. If you dont want to spend the extra 8 you can make them yourself. But I would just buy them. :)

Times have changed, they use to give them away for free to the dodge ram owners. UGH

DrewRam
11-28-2011, 12:31 PM
FYI. If you select the canceller's and relay harness while you are selecting the bulbs they are $10 bucks for each but if you go into "Accessories" and add them to your cart separate they are only $8 bucks.

Another question: Do you recommend the Relay Harness? My last truck I had a Hi/Lo setup that came with a harness that hooked to the battery in the kit and the fogs I just connected directly. Seems like they say its just "Optional" on this site? and if I need the relay, do i need it for both the Heads and Fogs? Just want to make sure I get what I need all in one shot, Thanks for the help!

03 Rammer
11-28-2011, 01:08 PM
FYI. If you select the canceller's and relay harness while you are selecting the bulbs they are $10 bucks for each but if you go into "Accessories" and add them to your cart separate they are only $8 bucks.

Another question: Do you recommend the Relay Harness? My last truck I had a Hi/Lo setup that came with a harness that hooked to the battery in the kit and the fogs I just connected directly. Seems like they say its just "Optional" on this site? and if I need the relay, do i need it for both the Heads and Fogs? Just want to make sure I get what I need all in one shot, Thanks for the help!

You will not need relay harness for either the headlamps or fogs. If you want to spend more time and make these more difficult then it needs to be then yes lol

With the bixenon kits they come with their own high/low relay control harness so yes you would use one with that type of kit.

Usually I only use relay harnesses for atvs and older cars.

Fogs are just PNP no extra crap. The hid extra kits with their cap packs are completelty PNP no extra crap needed. Hence the name I gave them Hids for dummies lol

DrewRam
11-28-2011, 01:39 PM
You will not need relay harness for either the headlamps or fogs. If you want to spend more time and make these more difficult then it needs to be then yes lol

With the bixenon kits they come with their own high/low relay control harness so yes you would use one with that type of kit.

Usually I only use relay harnesses for atvs and older cars.

Fogs are just PNP no extra crap. The hid extra kits with their cap packs are completelty PNP no extra crap needed. Hence the name I gave them Hids for dummies lol

Thanks for all the info. Submitting order :D

03 Rammer
11-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks for all the info. Submitting order :D

COOL, Sounds good Glad I could help just drop me a PM if you need any further help. If you want google search "Cumminsforum hid for dummies." Step by step how to. :) It should let you still view it even if your not a member

AWE Daniel
11-28-2011, 03:34 PM
I picked up a kit for the avenger, which needs the relay. It should be nice.

03 Rammer
11-28-2011, 06:07 PM
I picked up a kit for the avenger, which needs the relay. It should be nice.

Cool, I ordered another set to have for the focus. Wasnt too happy with the cheap kit I got at the local hid shop. I trust Hid extra with my lights.

AWE Daniel
11-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Yup I ran my first HIDextra kit for a long time until I got the morimotos with my retrofit, then I put those in the fogs with new bulbs.

I thought it was interesting to find out they changed the CANBUS system around 09 with the new models so I just need a relay for them to work properly in the avenger, there is no lamp out warning.

4XLGator
11-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Opinions please...

Should I get the $75 (sale price) premium canbus kit or the $40 (sale price) standard kit, which is still digital ballast and 55w?

Onk
11-28-2011, 09:30 PM
On my truck I have a regular Xenon HID 6K kit, with RL-650 Load Resistors spliced inline for the high path and the low path. Without them, the lights flash. I have had these installed almost 2 years now and not one issue with them.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Ftail-brake-turn.html%23g4socket

RL-650 - $4.95 each...

I originally installed two of them, one for the High side and one for the Low side, because I originally spent the extra money on the Bi-Xenon and had nothing but problems with them. I have only Low side on my car w/ fogs and I have NEVER had the need for high beams. Even in the middle of Brooksville, BFE.

IF you decide to go just the Single Low Side Xenon route, I can give you the extra resistor I have. Its basically brand new, since I dont have High beams any more because I switched back to my single Low Xenon and tossed the Bi-Xenon's in the garbage.

Onk
11-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Now I dont know about the 2006, but from everything I have read, its the same as the 02-06, which would mean to me that you would need to set them up the same way...to please the stupid CANBUS system...

So, to answer your question, if it were me, I would get the standard kit, take the extra resistor I have and save your self 35 bucks...

Onk
11-28-2011, 09:35 PM
One more thing about my kit....There is only one feed that plugs into the trucks lighting harness. My car, the drivers side plugs into the drivers socket, and the pass side plugs into the pass socket....the truck tho, only has one feed on the drivers side. The pass side is fed from that same side. So i only need one resistor.

If these kits have two plugs (D&P) then you will need one more resistor.

Hope I didnt confuse you even more...

4XLGator
11-28-2011, 10:06 PM
OK, I placed my order!

FREE shipping to....FTW!

BTW, I ordered a 55w digital kit for the heads and the fogs, and, I bought a pair of cancelers...total was $87.98. I got a quote for this same order from a local company a couple of months ago. Thank goodness I didn't buy then, quote was $200.

Winning!

03 Rammer
11-28-2011, 11:39 PM
All you need for the hid low halogen high kits are 2 capacities. You can buy them from hid extra for 8 bucks. Also from experiance and from a lot of other sites you should not run the 55w kits in small housings like fog lights. Just be for warnded. :) Bixenon or single beam hid kits is what i use resistors for.

4XLGator
11-28-2011, 11:43 PM
^ Did you see I said orderED...as in already. Lol. I've never heard not to use 55w in fogs, so I'll guess we'll see what happens.

Sent from Lee's iPhone4 using Tapatalk

AWE Daniel
11-28-2011, 11:59 PM
Lee I have been running just the cap packs on mine and have never had a problem, so you should be golden.

txbass06
11-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Lee I think the issue of running 55w on a smaller housing is the heat that the hid's produce. You run a chance of melting the housings if they're left on for an extended period of time

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

AWE Daniel
11-29-2011, 01:48 AM
A 55w hid makes less heat than a 55w halogen, I would think it would be okay

03 Rammer
11-29-2011, 08:45 AM
^ Did you see I said orderED...as in already. Lol. I've never heard not to use 55w in fogs, so I'll guess we'll see what happens.

lol, yeah I saw that oh well. If your on the fence about it give them a call they will be more than happy to talk with you and if you want change your order.

Lee I have been running just the cap packs on mine and have never had a problem, so you should be golden.

Same here bud, knock on wood. I have been running the hid extra kit for my headlamps for a year now and no issues what so ever, no lamp out no flickering etc. My bi xenon from DDM was a different story.

Lee I think the issue of running 55w on a smaller housing is the heat that the hid's produce. You run a chance of melting the housings if they're left on for an extended period of time

Very true, I had a buddy that ran the 55watt ones and it melted his headlamp housings and the glass on the fog lamps would get super hot to the touch. Plus I read alot on some hid forums and other companies say do not use the 55 watt ones for small housings. But on the other side I know a few people that have ran them with no issues. Since you have the bigger headlamps you will be fine with them, compared to the older 3rd gen bubble housings. On the fogs I would still be a little concerned.

4XLGator
11-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Well, the order shipped today so there's no changing it. Unless they will exchange for 35w and still honor the sale price.

I appreciate all the chime-ins but all this info would've been WAY more helpful before I ordered. I have read thread after thread after thread on HID upgrades on this site and others and don't recall anyone ever saying not to run 55w in the fogs.

I guess I'll shall live and learn.

Onk
11-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Im leaning with Daniel on ths one....

ramn it
11-29-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm glad this thread popped up because I wanna get a set later and I dont know one thing about them except something about the flicker and the lamp out issues . thats why I havent got a set yet but you all keep posting i'm learning

AWE Daniel
11-30-2011, 12:08 AM
I was told not to run halogens in hid projectors because they run much hotter, so that's what I am basing it off of. Besides you don't have to drive with the fogs on all the time

DrewRam
11-30-2011, 09:13 AM
I always have just gone with 35w in the past cuz of the rumors I hear that the 55w are too hot and can melt things. I have personally never seen this happen on friends rides that are running a 55w setup. IMO the difference in brightness is not enough to make me wanna risk a setup that MIGHT run too hot. The 35's are plenty bright for me. This will be my first set from Hidextra so i will report as soon as I get them hooked up for you guys on the fence. I have run some ebay knock-off and DDMtuning kits in the past and have had no problems with any. I expect the same from Hidextra they seem pretty reliable from what I hear on the net.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

EJM05
11-30-2011, 09:14 AM
I stick with 35watt too.

03 Rammer
11-30-2011, 07:05 PM
All depends on the person I guess. But coming for a pretty good background of HIDs and leds I think I would know my stuff. They don't call me one of the Hid gurus for nothing. Some people dont have issues but the majority of guys I see run 55 watt in some housings dont turn out so great. This is mainly true for the cheaper ebay housings espically on the older 3rd gens with the bubble housings and fog lights. Lee, how knows you might not have any issues but its good to be aware of the possible issues. :)

AWE Daniel
11-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Aaron did you get your set today?

4XLGator
12-01-2011, 02:57 PM
For the ones who have received your kits, did they arrive via the mailman? I received a USPS tracking email yesterday but when I track it reads "no records found for that number".

DrewRam
12-01-2011, 03:37 PM
For the ones who have received your kits, did they arrive via the mailman? I received a USPS tracking email yesterday but when I track it reads "no records found for that number".

Same here. Been checking and no update.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

AWE Daniel
12-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Yup came post office

03 Rammer
12-01-2011, 08:17 PM
I got mine today via USPS, They changed their design of the kits. The ballast are slimmer and connectors are a little different. Plug and Played again with no issues.

DrewRam
12-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I got mine today via USPS, They changed their design of the kits. The ballast are slimmer and connectors are a little different. Plug and Played again with no issues.

When did you order?

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

03 Rammer
12-02-2011, 11:43 AM
When did you order?

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

The 26th Saturday

DrewRam
12-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Sweet! I ordered on Monday so maybe mine are waiting for me when I get home later today!

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

03 Rammer
12-02-2011, 12:10 PM
They sent me a tracking number, just find that and track it :)

DrewRam
12-02-2011, 12:36 PM
They sent me a tracking number, just find that and track it :)

The tracking number they gave me does not work. When I plug it in it says "tracking is not available for this package only a confirmation of shipment received" or something like that.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

4XLGator
12-02-2011, 04:37 PM
I ordered mine on Monday too, Drew, but I called the office and they did not arrive today. I was hoping to get them today and put them in tomorrow, but not gonna happen apparently.

The tracking numbers don't work, Aaron...see above.

DrewRam
12-02-2011, 06:00 PM
YEah same here :( my mail man has come and gone so maybe tmrw.....

I did get some new LEDs in the mail today so it was not a complete let down :D

4XLGator
12-02-2011, 10:17 PM
It's not a let down for me either, there's a mod going on my truck tomorrow. :)

I was just hoping to put the HID's in too.

03 Rammer
12-02-2011, 11:12 PM
New headlights or grille?

4XLGator
12-02-2011, 11:29 PM
^ Neither.

Onk
12-02-2011, 11:30 PM
I KNOW WHAT IT IS....

Hehehehehehehehehe

4XLGator
12-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Zip it! Lol

DrewRam
12-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Apparently the tracking # wasn't working cuz it didn't ship until yesterday 8pm :( Looks like I wont get these lights on the truck until next weekend

4XLGator
12-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Mine too!

BAD HABIT
12-03-2011, 06:54 PM
I should have gotten in on this, I kick myself now...

03 Rammer
12-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Grrr I want to know!!!

4XLGator
12-04-2011, 05:56 PM
^ Keep your eye out on the 3rd Gen section.

DrewRam
12-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Ok got my kits! Got the fogs in already but need some help on the heads.... Which is the neg and pos on the factory harness for the capacitor?
I have a white with blue stripe and a yellow with green stripe.
via DroidX (Tapatalk)

03 Rammer
12-05-2011, 06:56 PM
checkthis out! A thread a guy and I made up!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cumminsforum.com%2Fforum%2Fac cessories-installations%2F359224-h-i-d-dummies.html&ei=BUzdTtfZFo-3twe_4PTsAQ&usg=AFQjCNFrRtKSSRtEOd63TS_iSfNG9YaAnQ&sig2=xUMUGVj_awA9cr2t8gcnGA

look on the ballast there should be small +/- symbols

AWE Daniel
12-05-2011, 06:57 PM
The factory 9007 bulb has 3 prongs, so they should have given you an adapter that has a little harness coming off of it for the high beam positive, and the middle prong on the 9007 is the ground, so the only one left is the low beam positive.

(my service manual says its white/tan on the right headlight, and white/dark blue on the left)

I hope that helps

03 Rammer
12-05-2011, 06:59 PM
The factory 9007 bulb has 3 prongs, so they should have given you an adapter that has a little harness coming off of it for the high beam positive, and the middle prong on the 9007 is the ground, so the only one left is the low beam positive.

(my service manual says its white/tan on the right headlight, and white/dark blue on the left)

I hope that helps

x2 see my how to but you shouldn't of had to set up the prongs. You should have the blue connector and plugs right in.

AWE Daniel
12-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Yeah my prongs were set up too, It just plugged right in I didnt have to do any figuring, but I dunno how his kit looks. Should be the same as mine since it is the same company tho

DrewRam
12-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Ok I guess it only goes in one way but did yours latch in? The way mine is it just kind of slides in and there is nothing really holding it?

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

AWE Daniel
12-05-2011, 07:06 PM
I believe mine did latch in

DrewRam
12-05-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm getting Nada from the heads. I feel like I am missing something.....

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

AWE Daniel
12-05-2011, 07:16 PM
can you get us a picture? I would be able to spot it pretty quick that way

DrewRam
12-05-2011, 07:23 PM
I will try but just for the hell of it took the cap pack out and it works fine....?

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

AWE Daniel
12-05-2011, 07:25 PM
turn the cap pack around and try it, sounds like you had it backwards at the ballasts

03 Rammer
12-05-2011, 07:26 PM
have you looked at my thread I did with the other guy????? Tons of pics there!

DrewRam
12-05-2011, 07:37 PM
have you looked at my thread I did with the other guy????? Tons of pics there!

Yes I looked and for the life of me I can't make those same connections the way you did in the pics I must not have the same thing.

My capacitors say that it can only be installed between the ballast and oem harness. Looks like the pics on your forum are different.

I think they sent me the wrong caps

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

03 Rammer
12-05-2011, 07:38 PM
VERY WEIRD did you ballast come with just female connectors sticking from the ballast. I saw they had a design change between the old ones but they are still the same

03 Rammer
12-05-2011, 07:41 PM
do you have everything in this pic or similar?

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn138/elephantrider_2008/100_2374.jpg

03 Rammer
12-05-2011, 07:44 PM
attached to you bulb you should have this wiring as you can see in the pic this is where the oem 3 prong connector plus into the blue connector and then the caps plug into the other 2 prong connector and then plug into the ballast.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn138/elephantrider_2008/100_2377.jpg

DrewRam
12-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Lol i got it. I will post some pics of what the problem was later. The directions they gave me are completely WRONG. Your Cummins site is correct! When I followed the wrong directions given it caused the little red piece inside the OEM harness to get stuck in the male end of the cap. This is what was making it impossible for me mock what your pics showed. Should be all good now. THANKS!

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

03 Rammer
12-05-2011, 08:02 PM
lol good to hear I was about to say if you cant follow the hids for dummies then that must make you a dummie lol jk Glad its working Hopefully pics to follow soon. Now time to tell how many times you get flashed going down the road. If you get alot of people flashing you as in high beams and low beams you might want to try to aim them down. If they are flashing you with body parts....well..... its up to you weather or not to adjust them lol

DrewRam
12-05-2011, 09:14 PM
I think I actually need to adjust them up. So far these are not nearly as bright as my DDM kit but that was a different truck so the actual head lamp could be the difference there.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

4XLGator
12-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Mine still have not arrived.

DrewRam
12-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Mine still have not arrived.

I will send you mine lol. I'm prob gonna take them out. Might just be these trucks but I am not happy with the light output at all. My halogen bulbs projected light out further and brighter than these and the Hidextra 6000k's are VERY blue almost annoying compared to others IMO. Might try 5000k or 4500k bulbs (or whatever the next temp down is) and see if I can get them brighter. I angled the headlights multiple times and still feel like I am straining to see what's in front of me.

Just out of curiosity what Kelvin are you guys with Hidextra kits running?

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

txbass06
12-07-2011, 10:04 AM
I noticed the sand thing with my wife's hid kit. Same wattage, both are 6000k and hers seem dimmer and bluer than mine do

4XLGator
12-07-2011, 10:04 AM
I guess I'll be returning mine to HIDExtra because I do NOT want lights that look blue. Maybe the 5000K are the ones that are more white.

Drew, did you order 35 or 55 watts?

4XLGator
12-07-2011, 10:08 AM
This mod is already starting to piss me off a little. Grrrr!

BAD HABIT
12-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Drew, ill give you what you paid for em thru paypal, if you would like, unless you are returning them

DrewRam
12-07-2011, 10:33 AM
I guess I'll be returning mine to HIDExtra because I do NOT want lights that look blue. Maybe the 5000K are the ones that are more white.

Drew, did you order 35 or 55 watts?

35 watt 6000k's.

My DDM kit had a very light blue tint in the lamp but projected a Prue bright cool white. Thats what i was expecting with these but that's not the case. I will take pics tonight.

Drew, ill give you what you paid for em thru paypal, if you would like, unless you are returning them

I will definitely consider this but I want to see what my best option is before I say yes. I may be better off just ordering new bulbs alone from them.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

4XLGator
12-07-2011, 12:36 PM
I look forward to the pics. Thanks Drew!

AWE Daniel
12-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Hmmm, 6000K should not be all that blue, I run it in the truck and the car now

here is what they look like

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/cadillac360/temporary-3.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/cadillac360/IMG_20110405_154307.jpg

DrewRam
12-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah its not that they glow blue its that they project blue. I have had hids before in the same setup and I guess i was just expecting the same intensity as before. I'm not feeling it with this kit. Prob just me but o well

Jay, would you be interested in the heads and fogs?

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

AWE Daniel
12-07-2011, 01:51 PM
This is what it looks like from the inside of the truck

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/cadillac360/Truck%202010/2010-11-10_20-28-49_336-1-1.jpg

shadow11
12-07-2011, 02:10 PM
6000k will have quite a bit of blue hue to them. Remember 4000-4300k is factory on most cars and that is pure white. Anything higher than 4000k will have some blue in it. The first set I ever got was 8000k and they were purple. 5000k will have a little blue in them as well.

DrewRam
12-07-2011, 02:40 PM
This is what it looks like from the inside of the truck

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/cadillac360/Truck%202010/2010-11-10_20-28-49_336-1-1.jpg

Yes this is what I wanted. I'm glad you put this pic up when I get a pic tonight you will see the difference.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

AWE Daniel
12-07-2011, 03:26 PM
I wonder if they sent you the wrong bulbs?

Ill get a pic of the Avenger's lights tonight so you can see what they look like without the projectors, its a tad bit different

DrewRam
12-07-2011, 04:36 PM
I wonder if they sent you the wrong bulbs?

Ill get a pic of the Avenger's lights tonight so you can see what they look like without the projectors, its a tad bit different

I am thinking that. Give me a min and i will upload some pics in the daylight and you can see how blue they are

Here ya go... Am I crazy....
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/DrewFDavis/2011-12-07_15-33-09_85.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/DrewFDavis/2011-12-07_15-33-00_292.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/DrewFDavis/2011-12-07_15-32-51_226.jpg
via DroidX (Tapatalk)

4XLGator
12-07-2011, 07:34 PM
^ YUK! I don't want anywhere near that much blue. Guess mine will be going back.

BTW, I sent them an email today that the tracking number they gave isn't working and for them to provide an update and confirm they shipped to address X.

They responded with the exact same email notification I got the first time that said they shipped and gave me the same tracking number. I replied "Please READ my email and respond accordingly....you didn't even answer my questions.". Their customer service sucks so far...maybe that explains the 50% pricing!

DrewRam
12-07-2011, 07:39 PM
WOW called customer service and they said send them some pics so I sent them the above pics about 2 hours ago. Just checked my email and they responded saying they will be sending "replacement parts" within 24-48hrs! I guess I am not crazy.....

AWE Daniel
12-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Holy crap those are blue!

And yeah lee, I gave up on them after they asked me the same question 5 times in going back and forth about the slim ballasts. I am done getting stuff from these people. Even with 50% off It still bugs the crap outta me that they cant get it right.

DrewRam
12-07-2011, 07:50 PM
^ YUK! I don't want anywhere near that much blue. Guess mine will be going back.

BTW, I sent them an email today that the tracking number they gave isn't working and for them to provide an update and confirm they shipped to address X.

They responded with the exact same email notification I got the first time that said they shipped and gave me the same tracking number. I replied "Please READ my email and respond accordingly....you didn't even answer my questions.". Their customer service sucks so far...maybe that explains the 50% pricing!

Sorry to hear that. I just hope when yours do come they are the correct color and not the ugly aqua blue i got. If they do send me better bulbs and eveythign works out alright I will be happy but I probably wont buy from them again. I liked my DDM kit better for some reason.

Another thing i noticed is that the way the bulbs lock into the lamp it causes the high beam halogen to be above on one side and below on the other. is there way to correct this? cuz it looks stupid when you hit your highs and one goes up and the other down.

4XLGator
12-07-2011, 07:59 PM
WOW called customer service and they said send them some pics so I sent them the above pics about 2 hours ago. Just checked my email and they responded saying they will be sending "replacement parts" within 24-48hrs! I guess I am not crazy.....

Does that mean they sent you the wrong K bulbs?

I guess I should've called instead of emailed. I have a feeling I'll be calling soon.

DrewRam
12-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Does that mean they sent you the wrong K bulbs?

I guess. I emailed them back to see exactly what "replacement parts" means. They didnt mention anything about shipping anything back to them so I dont know if they are sending all new kits or just bulbs. I requested that they send me 5k's for the replacements instead of the 6k's cuz I dont want to take a chance on BLUE again. They were not very detailed in their response so who knows what I got coming lol

BAD HABIT
12-07-2011, 09:10 PM
There ya go fixed that, glad I read down...

BAD HABIT
12-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Well let me know what you get...

DrewRam
12-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Well let me know what you get...

This is what they just sent me....looks like just the bulbs

"we are sending 2x 9006 5k XB bulbs & 2x H13 Hilo 5k XB bulbs."

I guess the blue ones are back-ups unless you or anybody need just the bulbs...

BAD HABIT
12-07-2011, 09:18 PM
How much, I might be able to use them in my fogs, that are tinted

BAD HABIT
12-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Was just tryin to get to there website and it looks like its down

03 Rammer
12-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Both my kits are not that blue, nice ice white color. But glad they are correcting the problem. Now you have an extra set of bulbs. No matter what car I use hids on I always use 5K temps

DrewRam
12-09-2011, 12:34 PM
These new lights cant come fast enough! I am gonna have to put the halogen bulbs back in until they get here cuz I am embarrassed to drive around with these ugly blue things.

4XLGator
12-09-2011, 01:11 PM
I still haven't received mine.

DrewRam
12-09-2011, 01:18 PM
I still haven't received mine.

I would definitely call them! I am starting to think they just sent me some 8k bulbs and put 6k stickers on the box thinking I wouldn't know the difference. They were very quick to send me new ones pretty much with no questions asked. Maybe that sale got them in way over their heads...

Keep bugging them

4XLGator
12-09-2011, 09:18 PM
^ Yeah, I'm going to call them on Monday...didn't have time today.

Onk
12-10-2011, 01:10 AM
I know I am coming in on this late in the discussion, but I can say from experience, that my lights, both in the Jessica and in RamIt, during the day they look BLUE....at night tho, they look WHITE with a SLIGHT HINT of BLUE.

03 Rammer
12-10-2011, 02:13 PM
I know I am coming in on this late in the discussion, but I can say from experience, that my lights, both in the Jessica and in RamIt, during the day they look BLUE....at night tho, they look WHITE with a SLIGHT HINT of BLUE.

What K do you have again? My 5k look white all the time

DDM 5K below
http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac176/03rammer/IMAG0187.jpg

My truck has the DDM 5K fogs and Hid extra 5K heads

Focus (in this picture, not anymore) 3K in fogs and cheap hid kit 5K I
http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac176/03rammer/288697_2305028515117_1531387280_32503579_7664746_o .jpg

I bought another kit from hid extra on black Friday and they match perfect to mine. Just thought I'd post some pics to help show some differences.

4XLGator
12-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Well finally the tracking number shows some info. It now states the package was sorted through the Tampa facility this morning. So, I'm guessing I will receive them tomorrow...fingers crossed of course.

DrewRam
12-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Well finally the tracking number shows some info. It now states the package was sorted through the Tampa facility this morning. So, I'm guessing I will receive them tomorrow...fingers crossed of course.

Did they come in? I got my replacement bulb today!

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

4XLGator
12-12-2011, 07:12 PM
^ Yes, they came in today. It's kinda funny actually...I think you ordered the day before I did and yours came, installed, and now you've received replacement parts.

I won't be able to get mine installed until the weekend.

DrewRam
12-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Just got the new ones in and I am glad I had them switch to 5k the color is 10x better. As far as the projected light they put out... i have come to the conclusion that the lamps in these trucks (at least the 06-08s) are just not the best for hids, the light gets too scattered. Guess maybe I will look into some projectors in the future but for now these will do.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

4XLGator
12-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Hey Drew, can you post a couple pics of the new bulbs on?

DrewRam
12-12-2011, 10:10 PM
I just ran out and took a couple. Sorry for the bad quality but you should get the idea. I will get some better shots over the weekend probably.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/DrewFDavis/2011-12-12_20-59-57_108.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/DrewFDavis/2011-12-12_21-00-23_505.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/DrewFDavis/2011-12-12_21-00-35_265.jpg

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

4XLGator
12-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks Drew!

03 Rammer
12-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Just got the new ones in and I am glad I had them switch to 5k the color is 10x better. As far as the projected light they put out... i have come to the conclusion that the lamps in these trucks (at least the 06-08s) are just not the best for hids, the light gets too scattered. Guess maybe I will look into some projectors in the future but for now these will do.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

ANY non projector housing is not meant for Hids. Although you, I and millions others dont really care. To properly run hids in any housing or lamp you need to use projectors. If you look at Daniels truck he has the retro fitted projectors. Im saving up to do the same but with black housings. There is a projector retro fit how to done by Jermemy aka numbers on the Dodge forum. The projectors are only a 100 plus shrouds. But like me, there fine for the time being untill I get pulled over for them which is like 1 in a million chance lol

BAD HABIT
12-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Seen you again lastnight drew, lake st George and Tampa , I was in the left turn lane headed to highland, your truck looks good with those 5k it gives me a whole new out look on them, I've always like the 6k cause most of em are a hint of blue...

DrewRam
12-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Seen you again lastnight drew, lake st George and Tampa , I was in the left turn lane headed to highland, your truck looks good with those 5k it gives me a whole new out look on them, I've always like the 6k cause most of em are a hint of blue...

Thanks man! Your truck must be so blacked out I miss it every time lol. I think they look good ON the truck but I dont think I will be satisfied with the output until I get some projectors. They look expensive tho so I am gonna have to do some research...any suggestions...

AWE Daniel
12-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Check out, theretrofitsource.com, the Morimoto mini projectors are awesome and are super easy to install, and they are not too expensive

03 Rammer
12-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Morimoto mini projectors are only 100 bucks plus the shrouds??? Those projectors are H11 so just need a new bulb or new kit which ever you want to do.

AWE Daniel
12-16-2011, 03:34 PM
This is what I have in mine, keep in mind this site sends you everything, including the HIDs.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

DrewRam
12-16-2011, 03:49 PM
This is what I have in mine, keep in mind this site sends you everything, including the HIDs.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

So did you separate the lens and install these yourself? Difficult?

03 Rammer
12-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Yes you have to separate the lens and housing. Not to hard. You have to heat them up in the oven. Really is a time consuming and delicate type mod.

AWE Daniel
12-16-2011, 04:46 PM
I didn't do mine myself, but I will from now on

4XLGator
12-16-2011, 07:07 PM
^ Are you gonna start doing lights, D?

AWE Daniel
12-16-2011, 07:35 PM
I was thinking of giving the avenger a try, but nah I wasn't thinking of doing that

shadow11
12-16-2011, 10:33 PM
I added projectors to our 09 Ram and my old 05 Ram. 05 was easy and the 09 was some bit harder. The hardest part is getting the damn lights apart but other than that it is easy.

03 Rammer
12-17-2011, 03:34 PM
I cant decide what shrouds to get. I want the projectors to not be visible in a sense. Want everything black

AWE Daniel
12-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Okay so these damn Piece of Shit fat ballasts, one of them allready took a shit on me. Guess its time to just go all the way with a retrofit and get my money back from these asshats. Last time I order anything from them.

Onk
12-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Okay so these damn Piece of Shit fat ballasts, one of them allready took a shit on me. Guess its time to just go all the way with a retrofit and get my money back from these asshats. Last time I order anything from them.

Dislike

Sent using Tapatalk on my bad ass HTC EVO

4XLGator
12-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Awe shit! Are your ballasts about 3" square, D?

AWE Daniel
12-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Done, retrofit when I get back from ohio with real quality stuff. Allready ordered and everything.

AWE Daniel
12-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Awe shit! Are your ballasts about 3" square, D?

Yup big an fat, about 1.5"-2" wide too.

DrewRam
12-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Although I am running these in my truck and they are currently working I have had buyers remorse ever since I installed the first set. I feel like their product is inferior to others and apparently I am not the only one. I can say that I am currently shopping for some sort of replacement (another brand or maybe projectors idk yet) and i would not recommend this company too anybody in the future. They did provide excellent customer support but at the end of the day if your not happy with the product it doesn't do much good.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

03 Rammer
12-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Honestly there isnt much anything someone can do to make hids better. Of course you have the digital ones and bixenon ones. All the generic ballast are the same so to speak and come from the same place. I have swapped ballast from random kits and they all work with each other I have even swapped a $100 ballast over to a $20 kit and vise versa and they work fine. My $10 hids(2 1/2 years old) from ddm tuning are doing great and have outlast my bixenon ddm tuning kits and my 29.99 hid extra kits (1 year old)are still going. Just rest at piece, you have these hids with a year warranty anything goes wrong your covered. Also remember alot of issues with the light output and hids is because of our stupid housings not the hids themselves.

But I do understand what Drew is saying. Honestly no one will be happy unless they do a retro fit. PERIOD lol

DrewRam
12-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Yes the retro is the absolute best way to go but I seriously think something is wrong with these hids... The color still is not right IMO especially since I went from a 6k to a 5k. These I have now are the equivalent in color to my old 6k ddm kit. When I drive down the road people with factory halogen bulbs drown out my hids, even withOUT projectors I have never seen hids overtaken like these.

And last night I noticed the passenger side head has a constant flicker :-( maybe these lights just hear me talking bad about them lol.

I know there are a few bad eggs in every batch and i would like to believe my experience is isolated and i just had bad luck with this company considering the majority of reviews on here and abroad are pretty good.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

03 Rammer
12-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Very true Drew. From the other fourms. Everything about them is great. Sure there is the occasional bad ballast but thats almost with any company. Very weird. Got to remember too the 5k is very close to a white light if you went with 4300K they would be the same yellow as regular halogen bulbs and the halogen bulbs would blend right in. I would say if you not happy return them? IDK very weird sorry your having trouble. ;)

AWE Daniel
12-27-2011, 02:31 PM
This is my second kit from them that I have had to send back

4XLGator
12-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Aaron, are you going through a name change...from 03 Rammer to Skid Marks? I kinda like it.

DrewRam
12-27-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm not upset over them at all just wanted this to be a quick easy mod but o well. I am not going to send them back only cuz they were pretty cheap to begin with and they told me I would have to pay a restocking fee, just not worth the hassle. If anybody local wants to give them a try I will give them a good deal... I have 4 ballast, 2 sets of heads and 2 sets of fogs...

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

AParrette
12-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Where are you located? I need some parts to make a project work

Sent from my Kindle Fire

DrewRam
12-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Where are you located? I need some parts to make a project work

Sent from my Kindle Fire

PM sent

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

4XLGator
12-30-2011, 10:15 PM
HID's are in! They look awesome and are bright, bright, bright!

Thanks again Kev-o for the help! And also for the help installing my nephew's new HU.

Onk
12-30-2011, 10:18 PM
^ You are welcome brother!!! Glad I could help!!! Those lights give your truck a WHOLE NEW LOOK!!!!!

AWE Daniel
12-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Pics or it didn't happen..... :D

Onk
12-30-2011, 10:30 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/406498_2626272654877_1197104167_32318536_235948656 _n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/399610_2624658774531_1197104167_32317912_287720116 _n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/376079_2624654134415_1197104167_32317909_429764407 _n.jpg

AWE Daniel
12-30-2011, 11:04 PM
That last pic is Nice!

004x41500
01-17-2012, 03:16 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/399610_2624658774531_1197104167_32317912_287720116 _n.jpg

that pic would look better with my 2nd gen in the middle

4XLGator
01-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Well, finally got the HIDs to work without flickering and shutting off and back on. I had to add a relay harness (thx for the help, Kevin) to pull power from one of my batteries and to avoid pulling power from the electrical system. HIDextra failed to tell me I needed it when i ordered yet when I informed them of the issues they responded "you can't run our kit on your truck without a relay harness". And BTW, they said it was plug and play but it wasn't, we had to cut off one plug (wrong type) and hardwire it.
So, I have plug and play resistor harnesses and cancellors leftover. Oh, and another relay harness that I previously ordered from another company that wouldn't work. None of which can be returned.

AWE Daniel
01-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Im glad the Relay worked, sucks that their bulbs are weird and you had to hardwire it though.

4XLGator
01-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I'm glad it worked out too because I was about to rip them out and go back to stock.

BAD HABIT
01-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Wow what a nightmare with there stuff, this seems like a repeat of a cpl yrs ago when they did a huge sale on df and eveyone went thru this...

Onk
01-30-2012, 09:53 AM
^ and I wouldn't let him even come close to doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrewRam
01-30-2012, 11:08 AM
I gave up on their kits completely. I ordered new DDM true hi/lo hids not the halogen combo crap which really bothered me from day one. The quality and output of the ddm kit puts the Hidextra kit to shame. I did waste some money on this mod but lesson learned lol i will stick with what I know works in the future.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

Onk
01-30-2012, 11:56 AM
IMO,

Its a total waste of money to get the xenon Hi/Lo kit. If you are running 6K HIDs, there is absolutely no need for the Hi/Lo kit. In fact, the "Hi" in the Hi/Lo kit isnt any brighter then the "Lo" its just a different angle. I drive in the middle of no where on back unlit country roads sometimes, and have never needed brights for anything. Save your money and get the Xenon Lo/Halogen Hi kit. (the ONLY reason they put the Halogen "Hi" is to make them DOT approved...The kit in my truck is just a Xenon Lo/No Hi kit)

Just my .02

03 Rammer
01-30-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm living proof and so are many others you don't need the relay harness nor resistors for the hid low halogen high. Only needed their cap packs/harness. You guys might not know, but on some of the other forums I'm considered one of the hid gurus. Just speaking from experience that's all.

03 Rammer
01-30-2012, 12:29 PM
IMO,

Its a total waste of money to get the xenon Hi/Lo kit. If you are running 6K HIDs, there is absolutely no need for the Hi/Lo kit. In fact, the "Hi" in the Hi/Lo kit isnt any brighter then the "Lo" its just a different angle. I drive in the middle of no where on back unlit country roads sometimes, and have never needed brights for anything. Save your money and get the Xenon Lo/Halogen Hi kit. (the ONLY reason they put the Halogen "Hi" is to make them DOT approved...The kit in my truck is just a Xenon Lo/No Hi kit)

Just my .02

x2 I have had them an installed plenty total waste of time no different.

Onk
01-30-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm living proof and so are many others you don't need the relay harness nor resistors for the hid low halogen high. Only needed their cap packs/harness. You guys might not know, but on some of the other forums I'm considered one of the hid gurus. Just speaking from experience that's all.

Well idk if it's because Lees truck is an 06 but his lights did flicker and other shit, until we put the new harness to bypass the stock power system now they operate perfect. My truck I had to install resistors to stop the flash too. Phuckin canbus/obd systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LB3711
01-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Relay harness is good in the sense that it doesn't use the oem wires to power the hids just the switching signal which is alot less power. I have always used a relay setup for hids. Even in my stratus. It's a good idea.

Sent from my tapatalk equipped AT&T iPhone 4.

DrewRam
01-30-2012, 02:34 PM
IMO,

Just my .02

I didn't get the HI/LO for visibility, I like the ability to "flash" and the halogen HI is just ugly for that IMO. As far as a waste of money..it really isn't that much more. (I got the fogs and the HI/LO kit shipped for less than $90) Plus the HI/LO kit requires them to be run with a harness (Which is included in the kit)

The main reason I didn't like the LOhid/Halogen HI was that on one side of the truck the HI bulb was above the HID bulb and the other side of the truck the HI bulb was below the HID bulb. I tried to see if I could rotate the bulb but not without tearing it apart and putting it back together. It was just ugly when I turned on my HI's and one light would shoot up and the other would shoot down. Maybe I had two lefts or something LOL i just didn't like it

AWE Daniel
01-30-2012, 03:29 PM

Like Kev said the 06s are crazy different, I am like you I just run the caps, but his was way different.

4XLGator
01-30-2012, 09:58 PM

Aaron, I know you've said this before but trust me when I say my lights would not work properly with resistors, or with cap packs/cancelers, or with both plugged in. I bought them, tried them, they DID NOT work...flickered, shut off, turn back on, all kinds of crazy shit.

Kevin and I installed the relay kit and so far no flickering, no shutting off, turning back on and no light out indicator. Let's hope it stays that way.

And the others are right, the '06 and not the same as the '03's.

03 Rammer
02-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Like Kev said the 06s are crazy different, I am like you I just run the caps, but his was way different.

I know they are different I have done a handful of them. :)