View Full Version : Badge removal?

DrewRam
11-25-2011, 11:26 AM
So I have the day off and thought I would remove the door badges. I have done it on other vehicles with no problems but I got the badges off of this truck and there is a yellow shade under where all the letters were it looks like it's stained or something. Googone, eraser wheel, cleaner wax.... Nothing is getting rid of it! Any suggestions? I'm starting to regret this.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

NOTPAID4
11-25-2011, 11:55 AM
WOW, that stinks. Musta been the type of adhesion they used. Guess I'd try some rubbing compound and see if that works. I hate using that though, as you use IT, then polishing compound and then waxing... and YOU would have to put a few coats of wax to really make it shine again. Lotta work doing that. Best of luck on what YOU decide.

txbass06
11-25-2011, 12:40 PM
I've had pretty good luck with the Meguire's Scratch X. It's pretty good at removing the "ghosting" that a lot of older vehicles get when debadging

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

DrewRam
11-25-2011, 01:37 PM
I've had pretty good luck with the Meguire's Scratch X. It's pretty good at removing the "ghosting" that a lot of older vehicles get when debadging

I went out and got the meguires rubbing compound and seemed to fade away almost a of it on the passenger side but the driver side still looks like a stained toilet seat! I guess i will try the scratch x too, can't hurt at this point.

One of the easiest mods I could do and its gonna end up taking most of my day lol.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

4XLGator
11-25-2011, 02:07 PM

That's what I used and it worked good.

Good luck, Drew!

BAD HABIT
11-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Good luck drew, I seen you the other morn at belcher and sunset, as I flew south on belcher... Worst that can happen is a rebadge...

Sent from my badass EVO on TapaTalk....

DrewRam
11-27-2011, 12:17 PM
That's what I used and it worked good.

Good luck, Drew!

Well I got some of the scratch x and applied it 3 times alternating between that and the Meguire's compound and its almost completely gone! I am probably the only one that can see it cuz I know it was there lol. Gonna give it another good bath and maybe one more application of the scratch x then a good wax job and all should be good... Thanks for the help!

Jay I thought I saw your truck on Tampa Rd the other day too but wasn't sure. I gotta come out and see some trucks in person soon

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

BAD HABIT
11-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Very well could have, I travel that and 19 a lot...

03 Rammer
11-28-2011, 01:11 PM
When I did mine I did it with fishing line, rubber eraser wheel, goo gone and rubbing compound. Got everything off.

DrewRam
11-29-2011, 09:44 AM
When I did mine I did it with fishing line, rubber eraser wheel, goo gone and rubbing compound. Got everything off.

Yeah I did all that exactly and still had a yellow ghosting of the letters. I keep asking people if they can see it an they say no but I DO lol!

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

BAD HABIT
11-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Drew in a cpl weeks ill have some swirl removed from jax wax ill get you to come over or ill come to you and we'll hit it with that

DrewRam
11-30-2011, 10:07 AM
Drew in a cpl weeks ill have some swirl removed from jax wax ill get you to come over or ill come to you and we'll hit it with that

Thanks for the offer! I will try my best to get rid of it by then but if I am still fighting it i will take you up on that offer.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

BAD HABIT
11-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Okay bud

DrewRam
11-30-2011, 10:45 PM
I ripped the crappy tailgate cap off tonight (PITA!) to see if I had the holes already there for the "OEM spoiler looking cap" and it was the same yellow underneath as the badges. good thing i will be covering it back up, the new cap is on its way!