View Full Version : Status: Is my 05 R/T "BLUE" still a "CLUNKER"???

NOTPAID4
11-01-2011, 05:54 PM
For anyone that really knows ME.... IF It is nice out; I'm outside messing with one of the cars. There is always something to do and I enjoy doing somethin'/ anythin' to them.

Most of you know when I bought BLUE (for an everyday driver), the previous owner really did NOT take care of this car. To HIM it was just a car! I doubt I had ever seen a car this new with this many scratches on it, the inside was a mess, he had even hauled bails of straw in the back and had removed the hatch cover and straw was actually packed around the battery and fuse box in the hatch. It took several hours of vacuuming to get it all out. The battery had about 3" of corrosion on the negative terminal and actually ruined the battery.

With THREE small children and 127,500 miles when I bought it it was a total mess, however I liked the color BLUE, the SRT front facia and the fact that it has new drilled & slotted rotors. It has EVIC and Navigation. It did run pretty good, but needed the usual front end redone, i.e. tie rods, lower control arms, etc.

Well, I bought it and I have probably buffed this car more than a dozen times and detailed the inside often. It was looking better but IMO still a "clunker' at least compaired to my other TWO magnums. NO MATTER what I tried... could NOT get the scratches out.....

Today.... for the heck of it.... I had some stuff called paint sealant and I went out and put a coat on the hood.... WHAT ~ first time ever... about 90% of the scratches GONE... so I went to work and did the sides too. What an amazing product this is.

A few pictures of the product I used and the car.
(Still in NO way perfect; still some bad spots but A LOT BETTER!)

So... WHAT is your opinion ~ DO I still refer to BLUE as my "CLUNKER"???

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/deboyacej/DSCN0085.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/deboyacej/DSCN0088.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/deboyacej/DSCN0087-1.jpg

Ms.MagnumSLT
11-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Wow Jim! Blue looks Beautiful and I dont know how you would consider that a "Clunker"! lol Looking good!

txbass06
11-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Thats definitely the best looking "Clunker" I've ever seen lol

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

LB3711
11-01-2011, 07:05 PM
LOL A million cars and you call that one a clunker. Ill take it then

Storm Rider
11-01-2011, 07:24 PM
That wagon is no way a "Clunker". It may not be Shadow or Lucky, but that is one nice ride you got there.

AWE Daniel
11-01-2011, 07:36 PM
I never thought of that as a clunker

Fla 66 cuda
11-01-2011, 07:53 PM
That's one righteous clunker there Jim. Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

txbass06
11-01-2011, 08:35 PM
If people call that a clunker, I'd hate to hear what they have to say about my truck lol

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

NOTPAID4
11-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks alot everyone; it sure IS looking a lot better. Almost every day I try to do something to it, just 'cuz of the shape it was in. I also treated the leather interior with a heavy coat of leather conditioner. Helped it a lot too and tomorrow I'll probably do that again.

Guess just 'cuz my other two are so much nicer; this will still have to referred to as my "clunker". I get a whole lot braver trying out MODS on this one and IF they work, may try those on my other ones. I loving refer to BLUE as my "test mule" also.

I believe the Challenger wheels helped the look too.

Sure wish I really knew the previous owner; love for him to see it, however probably wouldn't matter to him anyhow, the way he didn't take care of it.

4XLGator
11-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Not a clunker

Sent from Lee's iPhone4 using Tapatalk

BAD HABIT
11-02-2011, 02:25 PM
That's a great looking "clunker" if I say so myself

Sent from my badass EVO on TapaTalk....

OklaHemi
11-03-2011, 09:15 AM
your clunker makes my pride and joy look bad. frownie face