PDA

View Full Version : We need a little help from any members around the Brooksville area

SmokedRam
10-11-2011, 06:26 PM
For our members around the Brooksville area, we want to do a chapter cookout in December and have decided on Brooksville as being the city to have it. However, we need an actual spot, park, etc to host it at. So, if any of you can, please be on the look out for us...I would like to have this location pinned down in the next 2 weeks.

ramn it
10-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Im not familiar with brooksville but I am the surrounding areas and with the parks . Do you want a park with trails, woods, and wildlife or a park with grass,sports,and in town .

SmokedRam
10-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Wildlife? The SEM Florida chapter will be the only wildlife there that day...lol...no but seriously, we need areas to cook...we arent gonna be picky...but the most important thing is being able to cook meat there. Woods would be nice too.

4XLGator
10-11-2011, 10:33 PM
with no bugs!

ramn it
10-11-2011, 10:33 PM
sweet Im all about that!! K give me a few days or until sunday and I can you a few parks to ckeck out !! Me and the family hiked almost every park in brooksville I just dont know the names or address but a good one I can think of now is CREWS LAKE with a brooksville address plenty of big pavilions a basketball court ,trails, camping ,a lookout tower , a miniature train ride and during earth day they had a car show there and much more but you have to check it out for youself . its off shadyhills rd between 52 and countyline.

SmokedRam
10-11-2011, 10:34 PM
with no bugs!

Florida and no bugs? Yeah, and I have some ocean front property in Leesburg I wanna sell you.

SmokedRam
10-11-2011, 10:36 PM
sweet Im all about that!! K give me a few days or until sunday and I can you a few parks to ckeck out !! Me and the family hiked almost every park in brooksville I just dont know the names or address but a good one I can think of now is CREWS LAKE with a brooksville address plenty of big pavilions a basketball court ,trails, camping ,a lookout tower , a miniature train ride and during earth day they had a car show there and much more but you have to check it out for youself . its off shadyhills rd between 52 and countyline.

This place?

http://portal.pascocountyfl.net/portal/server.pt/community/parks/310/crews_lake_page

ramn it
10-11-2011, 10:47 PM
thats so place!! look through the pics its a huge park !! theres also a few off 41 in brooksville but all I know is they are in the withlacoochee state Forrest but theres a few of them and I dont know any of the names

SmokedRam
10-12-2011, 12:06 AM
I think Crews Lake is the spot!

SmokedRam
10-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Okay after looking at the MAP, we settled on Brooksville as our location, so crews Lake is a little south of that. However, of the parks in Brooksville, only 1 has pavillions...Lake Townsen Park,,,and they only have 1....

SmokedRam
10-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Okay guys...we need to decide on either Sat Dec 10th or Sun Dec 11th...

SmokedRam
10-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Due to some members having finals in school around the 10th or 11th...we will be doing this on Sat Dec 17th

4XLGator
10-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Cool beans!

SmokedRam
10-13-2011, 10:16 PM
This will be discussed at the Knights of Columbus show, to gather more input and finalize the date.