View Full Version : A bad battery; then another; yet another!

NOTPAID4
09-30-2011, 12:34 PM
A few months ago the battery finally died on Tee's DEMON so we broke down and bought her another; then about a month of so after that the battery went Kaput on my Blue R/T so had to buy a second one.... and NOW it appears the battery is going or gone on my Red R/T..... Geesh! Right now I have the battery on a 24 hour 2 amp charge and borrowed a Snap On battery tester with the load capability from a friend and getting ready to go check it out after the all night charge.

I bought BOTH of the other batterys (94R) from Wal Mart at $82 each; cheapest around that I could find and have the 3 year Free replacement and 5 year warranty. Yesterday I headed to Wal Mart and the same battery is now $109.95... I understand prices go up.... but What the Hey.... from $82 to $110 = WOW. I did NOT go ahead and had NO plans of buying the ones there as they all had the date3 of Sept 2010 on the top, been sitting there for ONE year ~ NO Thanks!!!

I also took out my NEW Code Reader Tee bought me for my birthday and hooked it up to LUCKY to ensure it was NOT the alternator or something running the battery dead.

I may look for a used battery or some smaller cheaper one and put that in BLUE and take the new ONE from it and put it into LUCKY ~ NOT sure yet.

*** Tee just called... she went to lunch with our daughter Heather and he pinky thing broke ~ she's about 30 miles South of our house.... but... the pinky thing broke when the car was in Drive so it's still running and she's gonna try to baby it home. Sure hope she makes it; too hard to try to change it out on the side of the road..... Dang it, ONE thing after another....

Gotta run.............

Fla 66 cuda
09-30-2011, 12:49 PM
You would think with that many cars you would get a dealers discount on parts.

NOTPAID4
09-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Well a bit of good news......

Tee made it home ok and it was NOT the pinky thing in the shifter had holds the release spring. For some strange reason the shifter cable just came out of the bracket so when she tried to shift the whole assembly was moving. We just took out the center console and mounted the shifter cable assembly back into the bracket.

Then I went on to LUCKY's battery with the Snap On Battery Tester and when I put the load to the battery, it showed over 600 cranking amps.... Hmmm, should be good enough to start the car. Put it back into the car and NOW I'll wait 'til tomorrow and see how it goes. Hope the battery is OK. It may be just because I don't drive that car often.... but driving the heck out of the blue one though. I'll keep my jumper cables in the car just in case when I do take it for a ride.

03 Rammer
09-30-2011, 03:23 PM
That sucks, I replaced both of mine with Optimas

Storm Rider
09-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Just seems like when it rains it pours. Glad to hear it was an easy fix for Tee's shifter.

LB3711
09-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Never trust walmart crap.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4.

txbass06
09-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Never trust walmart crap.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4.

I won't buy a neverstart. When I was working for a parts store, we got more of those in as cores than anything else

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

NOTPAID4
09-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Well we'll see..... I'll probably wait a couple of days and see what happens. Every place else wanted over $150 for a battery to fit my car.

txbass06
09-30-2011, 09:43 PM
There's only a few cars that actually call for the group 94R battery so the price is higher than most. It's the same as the group 51R that a lot of Hondas use. It's a tall, thin battery but runs around the same price as yours

03 Rammer
09-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Also the 94R750 is a international style battery so another reason why they are more expensive.

Also if you guys didnt know, interstate batteries are the same as the mopar ones you get at the dealer just in a different case and with different lables.

:)

Storm Rider
09-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Also the 94R750 is a international style battery so another reason why they are more expensive.

Also if you guys didnt know, interstate batteries are the same as the mopar ones you get at the dealer just in a different case and with different lables.

:)

Aaron - Thanks for the heads up about the batteries. I didn't know Interstate & Mopar were the same battery.

03 Rammer
09-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Aaron - Thanks for the heads up about the batteries. I didn't know Interstate & Mopar were the same battery.

Yep, anything I can do to help out a great bunch of guys and gals! I was shocked to learn that aswell. Interstate actually comes and stock these, there is no way for us to order them etc. :)

SmokedRam
09-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Those Interstate batteries are manufactured by Johnson controls, whom also make Optima, Duralast, Everstart, DieHard, Prostart, Energizer, Motorcraft...and ALOT more.

LB3711
09-30-2011, 11:07 PM
ive never had problems with interstate batteries

NOTPAID4
10-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Well after charging the battery thru the night and put it back in LUCKY; this morning I took it to the fleamarket and low and behold, wouldn't start again. I'm really NOT understand why the battery shows OK, gotta be a dead cell. Oh well back to the drawing board ~ LOL~

txbass06
10-01-2011, 09:04 PM
I think they only make the everstart maxx's and autozone's top end battery. Could be wrong though.

They also make the superstart that O'Reilly sells