PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Smack Talk ?

Storm Rider
09-26-2011, 06:08 PM
We are two races into the chase and there has been no smack talking from the JJ haters/lovers or the Stewart haters/lovers. What has happened to those guys that put chin-nuts on Tony. If it is going to be quiet on the SEM front, why should we watch the races. I was only watching to see what was going to happen with the bets and trash talking.

SmokedRam
09-26-2011, 06:17 PM
I am trying to not Jinx Tony....things are looking good for him though...if he can get through Dover with a top 5 or another win, he's looking to be the fav for the championship.

Back when he was with Gibbs and they ran the old car, they had a specific chasis that they ran on the concrete tracks of Bristol and Dover and he always ran well there. But with the COT, they couldnt get a car to handle on the concrete like they did with the old car and he has been off his mark at both Dover and Bristol.

But with this new points system, it's still anybody's game...Harvick is prob the most consistant driver out there right now...and dont forget, we still have Dega to get through, which could really hamper a title contenders chances quick like.

4XLGator
09-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Excuses, excuses. I'll start!...JJ sucks and so does Tony!

LOL

PS - Don't bring my driver into this!

SmokedRam
09-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Excuses, excuses. I'll start!...JJ sucks and so does Tony!

LOL

PS - Don't bring my driver into this!

Sorry, but I can't resist saying, that I have just as many cup wins this year as Jr does....

4XLGator
09-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Lmao!

BAD HABIT
09-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Id say good luck to chinuts cause he deserves it he races hard and has fought for it...
Sent from my badass EVO on TapaTalk....

AWE Daniel
09-26-2011, 08:19 PM
I like the way it is going so far, as much as I like JJ its time for nascar to have a new champ, otherwise people will start to get bored. (F1 schumacher anyone?) I am personally rooting for the blue deuce, lets get a mopar a championship!

SmokedRam
09-26-2011, 08:22 PM
I like the way it is going so far, as much as I like JJ its time for nascar to have a new champ, otherwise people will start to get bored. (F1 schumacher anyone?) I am personally rooting for the blue deuce, lets get a mopar a championship!

I dont think BK has the staying power to win a championship right now...although they run really well for a two car team with no other sister team support. I think if he really did get to where he was a contender come late October, the vets could easily get into his head and make him screw up.

4XLGator
09-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Didn't I just read somewhere that he broke his foot this past week or something?

SmokedRam
09-26-2011, 08:27 PM
He broke his foot before the Pocono race, then won that weekend, with a broke foot...

SmokedRam
09-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Penske is in a catch 22 with their teams...but like I said they do really well, considering. I think the prob with his teams is so much goes into their IRL cars and sports cars and the NASCAR teams suffers because of it. I really don't know why he wont go after Bowyer and get a third team going on...I mean, they had Hornish there for a while, but Hornish has just never fit very well in anything that isnt open wheel.

4XLGator
09-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Penske...catch 22...no pun intended. LOL

SmokedRam
09-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Lol

AWE Daniel
09-26-2011, 08:46 PM
The problem I have with stewart is his wins came on fuel mileage from what I gathered, I didnt get to see much of the past two races but from what I saw sunday Gordon was the man to beat.

4XLGator
09-26-2011, 08:47 PM
^ That maybe true, but a win is a win is a win....no matter the sport. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Tony supporter, jus sayin.

SmokedRam
09-26-2011, 08:48 PM
The problem I have with stewart is his wins came on fuel mileage from what I gathered, I didnt get to see much of the past two races but from what I saw sunday Gordon was the man to beat.

I agree with Gordon being the car to beat...but they dropped the ball on their final pit stop...but Smoke's win yesterday wasnt a fuel mileage win, Bowyers loss was fuel mileage loss though, seeing as he took the gamble...the 14 crew didnt gamble, they had plenty of fuel to last them.

Storm Rider
09-26-2011, 09:20 PM
This is what I was talking about. I know Kevin is busy, sure could use his input though. It would be way cool to see a Mopar win it all. BK is still in the hunt. He is only a couple of points out of 1st.

4XLGator
09-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Is cup going to the camaros, challengers and mustangs next year? i know they've been testing them in races in busch (nationwide) for a while now.

SmokedRam
09-26-2011, 10:57 PM
Is cup going to the camaros, challengers and mustangs next year? i know they've been testing them in races in busch (nationwide) for a while now.

not that Im aware of.

BigJuice55
10-01-2011, 01:30 PM
I have not been able to watch the chase races so far.....which sucks because I am a Smoke fan! If Smoke don't win it I want the Blue Dookie ( BK #2 ) to win it all!

BigJuice55
10-01-2011, 01:31 PM

I know that they are gonna phase new cars in like in Nationwide, but don't know what models. I know that they will be fuel injected next year.