PDA

View Full Version : New Intake

txbass06
09-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Looks like I'll be buying a new intake manifold for my truck. Put a new water pump on my truck about 7 months ago and broke a bolt off in the intake that holds the water outlet down. Got it out and put a heli-coil in and thought it was good. Started seeping water about 3 months ago. Put a new gasket on and thought it fixed it but it's back to leaking again.

So I'm just going to replace with a new one. I know there's not many options for intake manifolds for the magnum series, and I'm not paying $600+ for the Mopar, so I'll probably try to source one from a salvage yard around here.
Aside from the plenum issue, is there anything you guys can think of I need to look at/replace while I'm in there?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

SmokedRam
09-13-2011, 04:39 PM
You could mod the runners on it...thats about the only mod I know you can to the stock kegger....and you're right, there isnt many options for intakes...you can get that Air gap, but it is useless without other supporting engine mods...

SmokedRam
09-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Here is a DIY on the kegger mod...

http://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-faqs-diys-and-how-tos/246524-diy-kegger-mod.html

txbass06
09-13-2011, 07:24 PM
That's more than likely what I'll end up going with. No since in spending all that money on an intake for a heavy ass 4x4. It's never gonna be fast lol. I'll snatch one out of a junk yard and have it ready to bolt on when I tackle it.
I'm planning on a header back exhaust with our tax return but no other go fast stuff but gears

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk