View Full Version : Replacing PINKY thing in the Shifter is NO FUN!

NOTPAID4
09-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Decided today being cool would be a good day to TRY and I stress TRY to replace the pinky thing in Tee's car ANGEL. Well... ALL is NOT going well. I cannot get the gear shift lever into neutral, by either pushing on the pink tab in the side pocket of trying the front were the cable goes in. I also do NOT see the spring anywhere either; wonder if this flew somewhere??? I removed all the screws from the shifter but cannot get that assembly out either. Glad Tee is NOT home to see her car torn apart. Guess I'll end up needing HELP with this set up. Thought I was pretty mechanically inclined but NOW I feel like a DUMMY. I'm taking a break and going back out in a bit.

I pulled up BT instructions but it's NOT going according to plan; FIRST PROBLEM IS: I cannot get the shifter outta park. When I depress on the brake I do NOT get any slack in the cable as discribed, NOR does the pink tab release it.

OH..... Whoa is ME.........

Finally.................

No such LUCK, called Chrysler and her Vin# is NOT on the list of recalls

Anyhow.....................................

This persistant OLE MAN went back out; still had a Hella TIME, NEVER did get the shifter outta PARK ~ but Woo HOO; finally got it although it took me 'til 4pm to finish it up.... of course then the battery was DEAD ~go figure. Charged that and just NOW did a wash job and NOW For some WAX!

Geesh they made that seem easier than it was.... the only thing I cannot tell IF the lights are hooked up to the shifter letters... couldn't tell..... TRIED TO MAKE SURE I HOOKED UP ALL THE WIRES.... WAIT 'til DARK and I'll find out.
Sure Glad TEE was NOT HOME to see how much of her car I had torn apart ~ LOL~ She would have drove ME CRAZY worring about her car ~ AND can't say I blame her.

Anyhow ~ GOTTA RUN ~ it's outta park; BT THINGY IS IN! AND battery is charged for now. Like to wax it up BEFORE SHE GETS here and kinda surprise HER.

whoyadoc
09-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Hi Jim... Glad you got it done, but sorry that it took so long, and that you hit so many snags. As I just told one of my guys tonight when he got called into my hospital to take care of a medical equipment problem: Brace for the worst, hope for the best, resolve the problem, and focus on the fact that you resolved and fixed the problem!

ramthis9501
09-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Good thing you got it all fixed! What is a bt thingy exactly? Lol

NOTPAID4
09-07-2011, 11:00 PM
It a shifter lockout mechanism on the LX cars that is made of plastic with a spring hooked to it and when you step on the brake releases from PARK.

Looks like this...

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/2rtfo.q6jtm/v/vspfiles/photos/1028-2.jpg

Just click on this link and you'll understand..........
http://www.custombilletstore.com/v/bt_park_lock_inst.pdf

ramthis9501
09-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Oh ok so that's what clicks everytime, I've always wondered what that was on my mom's 300 and Challenger

Storm Rider
09-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Way to stay with it Bro. I know Tee will be happy to drive Angel again. Doing a wax job will score you big points. LOL