PDA

View Full Version : Recall L08 for fan blades

NOTPAID4
08-31-2011, 12:14 PM
I received my recall notice L08 from Chrysler for those cars with the heavy duty cooling system, i.e. all the SRT models and police cars and those that have the HEAVY DUTY COOLING SYETEM which was an option.

I called our local dealer almost THREE weeks ago and just today my fan blades have came in so I have an appointment for Sept 8th to get these replaced! ~FINALLY~

Although I do NOT drive my SRT that much ~ it must be perfect outside BEFORE I take that ONE out; I have NOT driven it since the recall notice ~ Be my Luck.... the fan blades would break and come apart so I've been patiently waiting. Good lucky thing I have the other cars to fall back onto. In fact I have been driving BLUE so much (My everyday driver), went to start LUCKY the other day and the battery was dead. It only took a slight charge to get 'er back up and running.

The SAGA continues.............

ramthis9501
08-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Hope they get it fixed

NOTPAID4
09-08-2011, 09:33 AM
OH Well, My SRT goes into the shop today for fan blades replacenent. NOT to crazy about doing this ~ Too Paranoid about THIS CAR! At least they say this is only about and HOUR repair and YOU know I'll be waiting.

Storm Rider
09-09-2011, 07:35 AM
How did it go at the dealership with the new fan replacement? Was it an easy process? Hope all went well.

03 Rammer
09-09-2011, 11:00 AM
We do multiple of these a day, Not that big of a deal. Very simple swap out.

NOTPAID4
09-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Doesn't seem to have been any problems although I was there TWO hours! Took it out after for a nice ride and some spirited take offs ~ Man this car really runs GREAT ~ forgotten how FAST it is compaired to my TWO R/Ts!
Did a WOT take off, little sideways in first, again when it hit second and a bit more when it hit third. HMMMM, that was FUN!

After driving around for a couple hours around a couple towns south of US and then coming home; checked the mileage and seen 16.4 ~ NOT bad for pretty much in town driving ~ NO interstate travel at all.

Storm Rider
09-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Glad everything went well.