PDA

View Full Version : Tampa area economical paint place

FL06SRT10
08-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Adam told me some of you guys got a reasonably prices paint job recently???

Where did ya go? What did ya have done and what did it cost ?

I was looking at a maaco intermediate style paint job... But am open to other ideas if it is reasonably priced. I don't want to Spend more on paint than the truck is worth. I want to have my 1997 regular cab Dakota painted. The tonneau cover, roof and hood has almost no clear anymore... Typical crappy dodge paint. So let me know guys thanks!

SmokedRam
08-29-2011, 12:50 AM
I believe the Maaco that Kevin went to is:

4401 US Highway 19
New Port Richey, Florida 34652
Phone: (727)847-9986

Just remember that you will have to step it up to the Maaco Signature job to get a base coat/clear coat...all the others are single stage paint jobs.

Fla 66 cuda
08-29-2011, 06:44 AM
I have seen the work that this one does if the same folks are there they do above avrage driver quality jobs i went there 3 years ago for an estimate for my impala.

BAD HABIT
08-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Fuck that place Adam I won't recommend them to anybody...Tim urban at alternative concepts does great work

Sent from my badass EVO on TapaTalk....

SmokedRam
08-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Fuck that place Adam I won't recommend them to anybody...Tim urban at alternative concepts does great work

yeah but as he has said on his FB page, he doesnt do "cheap" paint jobs

from his FB page:
".I do a little of everything, and have a soft spot for Stangs...Have had a number over the years, currently 95 vert and 89 GT project...The biggest problem mat be cost...Not sure what you are looking for, but I don't really do inexpensive paint jobs.."

FL06SRT10
08-29-2011, 08:04 PM

Why wouldn't you recommend them? Just wondering...

BAD HABIT
08-30-2011, 05:18 PM
It took them several times to get my wing front bumper and grill frame right, and its still not right, I'm not looking for a perfect job but Damn near, and then ruined a brand new wiper cowl, and had overspray all over my truck, still have it on my wheels, which that will come off here soon as I got me some polish that will remove it....

FL06SRT10
08-30-2011, 05:26 PM
That sucks thanks for the info...I found an article on cheap flat black paintjob in a magazine... My bottoms of everything is still good so I'll just paint the hood roof and tonneau and top of fenders 2 tone maybe flat silver... Materials is less than $100 :) my labor is cheap for this project lol. Should turn out different lol

SmokedRam
08-30-2011, 05:44 PM
That sucks thanks for the info...I found an article on cheap flat black paintjob in a magazine... My bottoms of everything is still good so I'll just paint the hood roof and tonneau and top of fenders 2 tone maybe flat silver... Materials is less than $100 :) my labor is cheap for this project lol. Should turn out different lol

If you can find someone to spray Hot Rod Flatz, you can get it pretty cheap ay Kustom Shop online...You wont find a better flat or satin paint than Hot Rod Flatz.

Onk
08-30-2011, 06:12 PM
I believe the Maaco that Kevin went to is:

4401 US Highway 19
New Port Richey, Florida 34652
Phone: (727)847-9986

Just remember that you will have to step it up to the Maaco Signature job to get a base coat/clear coat...all the others are single stage paint jobs.

That is correct....now I am not 100% happy with the job (I'd say 95%), but you have to realize the only way to get something 100% factory new is to get it 100% brand new from the factory.

It took them several times to get my wing front bumper and grill frame right, and its still not right, I'm not looking for a perfect job but Damn near, and then ruined a brand new wiper cowl, and had overspray all over my truck, still have it on my wheels, which that will come off here soon as I got me some polish that will remove it....

I know Jay had some trouble with his wing/grill/bumper cover, and trust me, I STILL feel bad about all the hassle...I wouldnt have ever recommended them If i wasnt satifified with the work done....

For how big the truck is, and it being almost 10 years old, Maaco did a helluva job on RamIt and it has won 6 trophies this year....You can go to the best place on the earth, if they have a crappy painter, the job is going to suck. I happened to have a good painter @ Maaco paint my truck, but still realize its not a 5000 dollar paint job. If I had the money, I would have taken it to Embrey & Sons in Hudson, because I have seen a lot of the work they do, and its is TOP NOTCH....but this paint job I had Maaco do, would have cost me almost triple what E&S would have charged...

I am not going to recommend Maaco but I am not going to trash them....

4XLGator
08-30-2011, 09:53 PM
I can make a call or two tomorrow about painting...the guy that painted my fender flares. He has painted two vehicles for my cousin, who recommended him to me. He does good work. I'll post up what I find out.

SmokedRam
08-30-2011, 10:09 PM
I can make a call or two tomorrow about painting...the guy that painted my fender flares. He has painted two vehicles for my cousin, who recommended him to me. He does good work. I'll post up what I find out.

Do it...cause in income tax check time for me, which is Late January, I want to get Ruby painted.

4XLGator
08-30-2011, 10:25 PM
I'll see what he says.

FL06SRT10
09-13-2011, 02:17 PM
News on this my friend ?

4XLGator
09-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Oh sorry, forgot to post that I can't get in touch with him for some reason...recording says it's someone else's number/voice mail.