PDA

View Full Version : Dog food

ramthis9501
08-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Is this good stuff? Just bought a new bag and thought I'd change the taste up a little.

http://www.diamondpet.com/products/diamond/dogs/dry_food/premium_adult_formula_for_dogs/

ramthis9501
08-25-2011, 07:54 PM
And I've been giving about 2-3 cups twice a day to my Boxer. But he eats it up quick, think I should do a little more? I'm going by the feeding chart on the bag

SmokedRam
08-25-2011, 07:56 PM
The only things that would sway me to NOT purchase that line of Diamond is the ground corn and wheat...the corn is nothing more but a filler, which provides no nutritional value what so ever...

Storm Rider
08-25-2011, 07:56 PM
The amount of food depends on the amount of exercise he gets. If he is very active you may have to increase his food amount and vice versa.

SmokedRam
08-25-2011, 07:59 PM
And I've been giving about 2-3 cups twice a day to my Boxer. But he eats it up quick, think I should do a little more? I'm going by the feeding chart on the bag

That sounds good to me...I wouldnt add more...if you were to do so, only add 1/2 cup or so...not much more...if he is eating it up quick, thats not a sign that he is doing without, but a sign that he is healthy and has a healthy appetite. As long as there are no signs of malnurishment, then he is fine with what you are doing now.

Fla 66 cuda
08-25-2011, 08:02 PM
We feed ours beneful she loves it twice a day a small butter tub full, with a little water in the food dish.

ramthis9501
08-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Yeah it might not be the best choice, my dad picked it up when I was at school so guess I'll be getting the food from now on haha I think it'll work until we get more. Both dogs are doing good and seem to be in real good health, changing the food over from pedigree was the best decision made by far for my dogs

SmokedRam
08-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah it might not be the best choice, my dad picked it up when I was at school so guess I'll be getting the food from now on haha I think it'll work until we get more. Both dogs are doing good and seem to be in real good health, changing the food over from pedigree was the best decision made by far for my dogs

Anything made by Diamond is better that anything made by Pedigree, Alpo..etc

ramthis9501
08-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Says it's for "athletic" dogs, which my boxer is definitely that

SmokedRam
08-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Says it's for "athletic" dogs, which my boxer is definitely that

Yeah, that accounts for the high protein in the food. Alot of Pit Bull breeders, (legit ones, not craigslist wannabe's) will feed a high protein diet during the summer to keep their dogs conditioned and take them off of it in the winter, when they are less active so they dont gain a ton of weight on it.

ramthis9501
08-25-2011, 10:15 PM
That'll be perfect to, this bag will probably last until October, then I'll get the other food again