View Full Version : E-fan

ramthis9501
08-10-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm wanting to put an e-fan on my truck. And I can get one, my uncle has a 98Chevy Malibu that we're gonna take to the scrap yard. But it's got a good fan on it. Could I use it on my truck? And how would I mount it and hook it in?

Fla 66 cuda
08-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Auto parts stores sell a kit that mounts it to the radiator the kit has long nylon studs that go thru the rad fins and fan housing and then locking clips hold it in place. I have used this setup on several cars works good and is less than 15 bucks for the kit,i had mine running off a switch in the car but it should have a relay and be controled by a thermostat type sending unit in the waterjacket.

Redtruck-VA
08-10-2011, 07:40 PM
I use the 180 Black Magic kit from Moe's a couple years ago and it was complete with controller. The controllers can be bought seperate, some where between $35-$100 dollars. Some you connect to a sensor in the hose and other you stick the bulb into the radiator fins. If i was to do it again I would use a standard OEM fan from a local pull and save so I could get a replacement motor from the local parts store (lifetime warranty) to make repairs simplier.

Stealth Mode
08-19-2011, 12:13 PM
I just put on a "BullDOG 20" (20") electric fan. Bought the fan, relay setup and controller for $200 with a lifetime replacement. Going with a Griffin 3 core radiator so I needed the extra space I couldn't obtain with a clutch fan.

Redtruck-VA
08-19-2011, 01:19 PM
I would like to see some pictures of your install. I like the look of custom radiators, it's a sure sign someone is making big HP.

AWE Daniel
08-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Colton I was going to do one on mine but never did, and I still have the controller if you want it.

Stealth Mode
08-19-2011, 02:59 PM
I would like to see some pictures of your install. I like the look of custom radiators, it's a sure sign someone is making big HP.

No worries'. When I get the radiator in i'll take some.

ramthis9501
08-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Colton I was going to do one on mine but never did, and I still have the controller if you want it.

PM heading your way