View Full Version : Our Neighbors in Need

Storm Rider
08-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Just a heads up about a car show. My mother's church has a food ministry and their shelves are going bare. All types of people are needing help these days. Here is the info on it. I hope as many of our SEM brothers & sisters can make this event.

Hilliard Memorial Baptist Church
2311 Westchester Dr.
High Point, NC 27262

Proudly Presents Our First Annual
Car Show
For the benefit of
"OUR NEIGHBORS IN NEED"

Saturday -- August 27, 2011
from 10:00am to 3:00pm

To show or view the cars:
Please bring a food or cash donation

Also available for a food or cash donation will be a food bar and bake sale.

Please let me know who might be able to show a car and help our neighbors out.

001. Storm Rider (Paul) - 2010 Challenger R/T

SmokedRam
08-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Paul do you have a Paypal?

Storm Rider
08-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Paul do you have a Paypal?

Adam - I have one set up. I used it to send Jay the money for my T-shirts.

SmokedRam
08-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Adam - I have one set up. I used it to send Jay the money for my T-shirts.

Okay, if any other members wanna contribute to the charity, but are unable to make it, like us Florida guys, can we paypal you a donation, to give to the charity?

Storm Rider
08-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Okay, if any other members wanna contribute to the charity, but are unable to make it, like us Florida guys, can we paypal you a donation, to give to the charity?

Adam - That would be awesome. I will take all the donations received and give it as a SEM club donation. Thank you for your kindness and help. I always knew SEM was Number 1. WE have the best people on this site and I am so honored to be a part of SEM.

Onk
08-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Hey Paul, i have an idea of something I think im going to do...

Ill be in touch with you in a couple of days!!

Storm Rider
08-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Hey Paul, i have an idea of something I think im going to do...

Ill be in touch with you in a couple of days!!

Kevin - I'll be waiting.

NOTPAID4
08-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Glad to see this show is coming together after we talked about it a couple weeks ago. YOU know Tee and I will be THERE if we are around.

TopB2972
08-07-2011, 09:22 PM
I hope it doesn't effect this event that the Charlotte Autofair is the same weekend. I still am planning planning on being there. and I'm going to tell the people here that was there last year.

Storm Rider
08-08-2011, 07:23 AM
I hope it doesn't effect this event that the Charlotte Autofair is the same weekend. I still am planning planning on being there. and I'm going to tell the people here that was there last year.

Will - Tell everyone it is an open invitational. All makes and models welcomed. Thanks for spreading the word.

Storm Rider
08-19-2011, 07:17 AM
Update !!!! Just wanted to let everyone know how important this show is. Most churches get their food from Second Harvest Food Bank. Please watch video and read the article.

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-second-harvest-food-bank-warehouse-out-of-food-20110815,0,3607866.story

Thanks for any help you can give. Lets see if we can get a great turn out for this event. These are our neighbors in need.

Storm Rider
08-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Just letting everyone know. The weather for this area is calling for a 20-30% chance of rain on Saturday. That means around here it should be a good day. If it is down pouring on Saturday A.M. I will set another date. Irene seems to be turning out to sea which is a good thing.

SmokedRam
08-24-2011, 06:54 PM
I will be sending you my donation ASAP...been really busy with the truck and other things (kids starting back school)...sorry it has eluded me so far...But I'll get it to ya Paul.

Storm Rider
08-25-2011, 07:18 AM
I will be sending you my donation ASAP...been really busy with the truck and other things (kids starting back school)...sorry it has eluded me so far...But I'll get it to ya Paul.

I appreciate your help and thoughtfulness. I know how life can get in the way. Good luck with the kids going back to school.

NOTPAID4
08-25-2011, 10:05 AM
So far Tee and I still plan on making this trip and we have set up a convoy to leave Salisbury at 9am that morning. Also we may get lucky as John (DirtyPana), is trying to be able to come over from the coast.

Storm Rider
08-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Awesome Brother. Thank you & Tee for all your help with this event. Are ya'll bringing 2 wagons? Can't wait to see ya.

NOTPAID4
08-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Awesome Brother. Thank you & Tee for all your help with this event. Are ya'll bringing 2 wagons? Can't wait to see ya.

Depending on weather, of course, but we DO plan on bring TWO cars unless something changes. Tee's kinda disappointed as she cannot bring ANGEL do to the pinky shifter thing breaking and NOT sure IF we can get it repaired in time for her to bring THAT car!

Storm Rider
08-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Weather report for show is as follows: 89* and a 20% chance of rain. Just a normal weekend in North Carolina.

NOTPAID4
08-26-2011, 05:42 PM
So far looks like THREE others beside Tee and I ~ not bad!

MarineCorpsBarbie
08-26-2011, 08:34 PM
I will be there driving the horse! :P

Storm Rider
08-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Can't wait to see everyone. Seems like it has been forever.

NOTPAID4
08-27-2011, 06:57 AM
Some of US are meeting up this morning and heading up together. We are looking forward to this and getting to see my brother Storm Rider again! And helping the church and the food drive ~ How awesome is that!