View Full Version : Blue is IN for another alignment after 1 Month.

NOTPAID4
07-28-2011, 09:51 AM
About a month ago I had taken BLUE to TWO different alignment shops for a FREE inspection and BOTH places told me I needed new tire rod ends and lower control arms so I ordered the parts..... LOW and BEHOLD, they sent a tension strut arm instead and the alignment shop went ahead and installed it along with all new tie rods both inner and outters both sides..... BUT told me I did NOT get the LOWER control arm I needed. When I tried to order THIS part EVERYONE was out of stock and finally GREENKING bailed ME out once again and I bought a "like new" one from him.............

NOW I just dropped off BLUE to have this part installed and another alignment check.... Geesh! I told the guy I wanted to keep the old arm to post a picture of it so you can see how bent this thing is. (I'll post a picture when I get the car back)

The new ONE looks like this

http://info.rockauto.com/getimage/getimage.php?imageurl=http%3A%2F%2Finfo.rockauto.c om%2FRB%2F521-014-001.jpg&imagekey=2194600-0&width=450

ramthis9501
07-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Hope they can get it fixed

Redtruck-VA
07-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Good job staying on top of the problem, bent pieces can be hard to diagnose.

NOTPAID4
07-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Just happened to spot the bent arm while looking under the car and seen that the bushing was almost completely gone; most likely why the arm got bent!

Redtruck-VA
07-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Just happened to spot the bent arm while looking under the car and seen that the bushing was almost completely gone; most likely why the arm got bent!

If the car has been in a shop for alignment and they didn't find the bent arm I certainly wouldn't be using them again. In fact I would take my reciept back to them and ask for a refund for the alignment that couldn't possibly have been done correctly with the bent arm.

AWE Daniel
07-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Dang son!

4XLGator
07-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Good luck, Jim, hope it is taken care of correctly this time.

Storm Rider
07-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Hope everything goes great for Blue.

NOTPAID4
07-29-2011, 10:39 AM
If the car has been in a shop for alignment and they didn't find the bent arm I certainly wouldn't be using them again. In fact I would take my reciept back to them and ask for a refund for the alignment that couldn't possibly have been done correctly with the bent arm.
LOL ~ NO they seen the arm; they are one of the places that did the free inspection and told me what to order; just happened to get the wrong arm and at that time NO ONE had any; finally got the arm and took it back to install this new one and realign.

Dang son!

Good luck, Jim, hope it is taken care of correctly this time.

Hope everything goes great for Blue.

Thanks guys; well the shop removed the bent control arm and NOW the steering wheel is crooked but.... the alignment machine went down; already called in for repair... so BLUE will stay there until the machine is repaired and get the proper alignment down. The guy was REALLY NICE ABOUT IT and appoligized about the machine going down and told me ~ don't worry we'll keep 'er in the shop overnight. He has some customized cars that are awesome and I trust HIM!

However HE did give me the old BENT arm back ~ Take a look at this!!!

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/deboyacej/DSCN0087.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/deboyacej/DSCN0086.jpg

Redtruck-VA
07-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Any idea how long it has been bent or what caused it?

NOTPAID4
07-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Any idea how long it has been bent or what caused it?

I sure don't... we bought "BLUE" used with 127,500 miles so who really knows. I did not request a car fax or anything as this is just bought private party and going to be an everyday driver anyhow. I already have 131,000 on it now.

I'm sure it's been in some type of accident though as it has the SRT Magnum front clip on it and probably where the damage comes from.

Anyhow, this car Runs GREAT and is FUN to drive! The guy we got it from told us it needed front end work but he did not know how much or what parts were needed. And it was priced accordingly so I'm very happy that I bought it.

Redtruck-VA
07-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Sounds like you might have gotten a good deal.

Storm Rider
07-29-2011, 05:14 PM
I know how much you like driving Blue. Waiting for it to get out of the shop must be killing you. It will be even more fun to drive when everything is done.

NOTPAID4
07-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Just got home from getting BLUE ~ Another $135 but watchagonnado? It drives nice; but haven't driven it far enough to really tell yet. Seems like the steering wheel is tighter; guess thats a good thing. ???

Since I may be taking this car to Georgia and maybe then Florida, wanted it to be right! I'm sure I'll drive 'er more in the next few days to really check 'er out.

Storm Rider
07-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Glad you got Blue home.

NOTPAID4
07-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Me too.... wanted to take 'er for a nice cruise; but at 101 degrees it was too hot...