PDA

View Full Version : Newbie bitten by mod bug.

Winstonwagon05
07-26-2011, 12:07 AM
Ok here is Mod 1 and 2.
The first mod was painting my calipers. I went with yellow because I'm a big Steelers fan and with a black car.... need I say more? I saw the yellow on Notpaid4's car "Blue" and asked him how he did it? Long story short, He invited me down to his house to help me and show me how to do it. (Free of charge!!!) Needless to say I had a great time. I met Tee and got to see all 6 of their Magnums (and the other 100 cars... well not a hundred but it seems like it). It took all day to get it done because we were having such a good time. I also have to add that Tee is one hell of a cook.
After meeting Jim and Tee, I stayed in contact and they told me about a Mopar owner’s family picnic. I loaded up my family and drove down to meet them. The sight of 5 clean Magnums cruising down the road had heads turning.
Thanks to Dirtypana (from another forum), Mod 2 was in the works. He gave me a can of Plastidip. I decided to do trim on the front window. (It's faded and grey on every magnum I've seen) I also decided to make eyelids with the Plastidip. I got brave becuse if I screwed it up I could just peel it off and start over. I love this stuff!! I would love to post more pics but it took forever to load these and I could only load 5. Enough talk, time to show...

ramthis9501
07-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Welcome to SEM! I like what your doing with the car, keep on keeping on man! It's looking good!

NOTPAID4
07-26-2011, 12:38 AM
Way to go Tank; looking GREAT Brother! I've been wanting to do my eyelids with plasti dip too..... soon I hope. I really like how it looks!

Nice to see you posting up; still watching to see what's up with car shows and cruises... NOT heard of anything lately.... but I'm lookin'!!!

Winstonwagon05
07-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Welcome to SEM! I like what your doing with the car, keep on keeping on man! It's looking good!

Thanks.

Winstonwagon05
07-26-2011, 12:57 AM
Way to go Tank; looking GREAT Brother! I've been wanting to do my eyelids with plasti dip too..... soon I hope. I really like how it looks!

Nice to see you posting up; still watching to see what's up with car shows and cruises... NOT heard of anything lately.... but I'm lookin'!!!

Thanks Jim!
It took three attempts to get it right. Humidity and Plastidip don't mix. The third time I had both done in under 20 minutes from start to finish. Let me know when you are going to do yours, it will give me an excuse to come down again. :-) I have a roll of plastic thats perfect for covering areas you don't want painted.
As soon as you find out anything about cruises or shows, let me know.

LB3711
07-26-2011, 05:43 AM
cool

Storm Rider
07-26-2011, 07:18 AM
way to go Tank. Jim knows how to mod and him & Tee are always having people over. My Chally only had 150 miles on it when Jim and I started painting my calipers gold and doing a few other things. Tee is an awesome cook. Can't wait to meet you.

NOTPAID4
07-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Thanks Jim!
It took three attempts to get it right. Humidity and Plastidip don't mix. The third time I had both done in under 20 minutes from start to finish. Let me know when you are going to do yours, it will give me an excuse to come down again. :-) I have a roll of plastic thats perfect for covering areas you don't want painted.
As soon as you find out anything about cruises or shows, let me know.

Sounds GREAT ~ We love company!!! Believe I'll be going out shortly and see what I can get into. Temps are down a bit and I'm dying to do something. We did get Tee's headlight bulbs replaced and remounted her rear subs into a sealed box removing them from the ported box.....NOW I wanna do something to mine. That would be great to get you help on the headlights from someone that has already tried that and I can learn from what YOU have done. YOU know we're here most all the time ~ just give US a call!

Toostep
12-25-2011, 02:25 AM
Good job!

Fla 66 cuda
12-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Looks great Tank, Jim and Tee are great folks someday i'll meet them,Jim loves do'n them mods and hav'in company.