View Full Version : Dodge recall

Smitty
07-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Hope this is not a duplicate. Received the info from another forum.

More than 240,000 Dodge Ram trucks are being recalled for potential steering problems.

Dodge's parent company Chrysler says part of the trucks' steering linkage could break during low-speed maneuvers and cause a loss of steering control to the left front wheel.

The vehicles being recalled include some 2008 model year Dodge Ram MegaCab and 1,500 4x4 trucks.

The recall also affects owners of Ram 2500 and 3500 Heavy Duty trucks from model years 2003 through 2011.

Chrysler had earlier recalled larger Ram trucks for the same problem. Chrysler will notify dealers whose trucks need to be inspected and possibly repaired. The repairs and inspections will be performed at no charge.

03 Rammer
07-19-2011, 02:07 PM
As an employee for chrysler you would think I would know more info on this recall but I dont lol Wonder if it effect my truck. So far no alerts came up for my truck yet. But maybe. I already had them upgrade the steering to the 08.5+ steering under Warranty TSB.

Smitty
07-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Have not received/heard anything on my 07 2500.

03 Rammer
07-19-2011, 02:31 PM
If you haven't gotten anything you can call these numbers:

"Owners should contact Chrysler at 1-800-853-1403 for more information. Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-424-9153 or go to www.safercar.gov"

03 Rammer
07-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Do we know what the recall code is yet? Like is it a K24, L25, K17 etc etc?

4XLGator
07-19-2011, 03:32 PM
I received a recall notice on steering linkage about 1-1/2 years ago...I think it was H24 maybe. Took it to dealer, guy looked under front end and told me I was good. I don't know if he didn't want to fool with it or if my linkage is actually good. Reason I say that is because I bought my truck used before the new style linkage came out.

I wonder if this new recall is related.

Sent from Lee's iPhone4 using Tapatalk

SmokedRam
07-19-2011, 04:28 PM
I think I posted this recall in the 3rd gen section last week

03 Rammer
07-19-2011, 04:50 PM
I received a recall notice on steering linkage about 1-1/2 years ago...I think it was H24 maybe. Took it to dealer, guy looked under front end and told me I was good. I don't know if he didn't want to fool with it or if my linkage is actually good. Reason I say that is because I bought my truck used before the new style linkage came out.

I wonder if this new recall is related.

Sent from Lee's iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Lee, the H46 had to do with the linkage correct but. Was that if you had the clamp on steering stabilizer you had to change it and if it had the bolt through stabilizer you were fine. A small amount of trucks were effect by this most of them were fine and just took a quick look under the truck to see if it was effected.

4XLGator
07-19-2011, 06:06 PM
I think I posted this recall in the 3rd gen section last week

yes, you did but I read it wrong until today when Kev texted me about it.

Lee, the H46 had to do with the linkage correct but. Was that if you had the clamp on steering stabilizer you had to change it and if it had the bolt through stabilizer you were fine. A small amount of trucks were effect by this most of them were fine and just took a quick look under the truck to see if it was effected.

You're exactly right, Aaron...that recall was to get rid of the clamp on steering stabilizer and replace with bolt-through. Mine is a bolt-through, which is why the service advisor told me my truck was fine and why he could easily tell by bending over and looking at the stabilizer.

That being said, I will need to look into this new recall further.

robert84
09-21-2011, 09:06 PM
I already had them upgrade the steering to the 08.5+ steering under Warranty TSB.