PDA

View Full Version : Pottsville PA (Yes, Pennsylvania) Car Cruise and Show - 8/14/2011

UnderCover
06-08-2011, 03:48 AM
I'm posting this mainly for the people up north, because this is one HELL of a car show! I'm planning on taking a trip back up to NY around this time, JUST SO I CAN GO TO THIS SHOW!!

I went last year for the first time with one of my co-workers. We left at 5am, so I was up detailing my car at 2am LOL.

Anyway, we got into Pottsville at about 7am, and got our registration kits. We got breakfast at one of the local firehouses, and went to the show. There had to be at least 1000 cars, probably more. The first part of the show was until 4pm. At that point, everyone gets in their cars, and does a 10 mile cruise around the city. It was unbelievable. Anything goes as long as it's registered and insured, and you don't do burnouts. I was running my lights and sirens the entire way. People line the streets the entire length of the cruise just to watch everyone go by. That goes on for 2 hours. There's live bands playing all throughout the cruise route.

When the cruise ends at 6, everyone can go back to the show grounds. If you've registered for the light show, hydraulic show, or flamethower show, you go up into the upper parking lot (where all the presentations and everything are). Obviously I did the light show, and I'm doing it again this year. There are some cars with SICK A/V systems and lighting systems. I took 3rd place for the light show last year. I'm hoping I can step it up this year and take first.

As long as I've got the cash to make the trip up north, I'll be going to this show. I highly recommend any of our members in that area do the same!

This is also a 4 day event that starts Thursday eve. The big event is the large show and cruise on Sunday which is what I'll be going for.

Here's the website for the cruise.
http://www.thegreatpottsvillecruise.com/

Stealth Mode
06-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Ya' know... This seem's like a nice vacation for Mizz Stealth and I.

UnderCover
06-08-2011, 10:51 AM
It's sick bro... do a youtube search, it'll blow your mind

NOTPAID4
06-08-2011, 11:25 AM
WOW, that IS an impressive show and cruise!

Redtruck-VA
06-08-2011, 02:18 PM
That's 7 hour run for me. Looks like it would be a blast.

Stealth Mode
06-08-2011, 02:19 PM
That's 7 hour run for me. Looks like it would be a blast.

18 For us :Whoa:

Onk
06-08-2011, 02:32 PM
As long as I have the money, Im down to drive up with ya!

4XLGator
06-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Sounds like a helluva show and good time.

reefguy89
06-08-2011, 11:50 PM
thats a week after the carlise truck nationals i might have to make another 4 hour trip to pa then.