View Full Version : Allstate Rate Increases?

004x41500
06-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Who here has Allstate? and who else had a rate increase? They told me it was a statewide (Fl specifically) rate increase.

(insert insurance companies here):shooter:

SmokedRam
06-03-2011, 09:39 PM
I dont have AllState. I have American Southwest and we havent seen a rate increase the whole time I have been with them. Even when I dropped the S10 and added the Ram on, the premiums stayed the exact same, and then actually dropped with the next renewal.

4XLGator
06-03-2011, 10:20 PM
I had Allstate years ago but dropped them due to frequent rate increases and took my business elsewhere. I was with them about 17 years.

Sent from Lee's iPhone4 using Tapatalk

SmokedRam
06-03-2011, 10:25 PM
I remember after Dad passes away my mom insisted on going with State Farm for her car insurance. She paid a prerry high amount for a woman over 40 years old...they said it was the norm for State Farm and the longer you were with them, the less the premiums were. She ended up dropping them soon after and went with someone else.

Even with Amanda having that "failure" to obey a traffic signal, (which cost me $225 by the way, thanks Pasco County!), American Southwest hasn't raised our premiums.

AWE Daniel
06-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Usaa baby!

Storm Rider
06-03-2011, 10:40 PM
I have State Farm here in North Carolina and they just had a rate decrease this past October. To each their own, but State Farm has treated me and my family well.

SmokedRam
06-03-2011, 11:01 PM
I think the problem is being in Florida in general...Hurricane season is apon us, people will be filing claims for storm damage to not only their houses, but to their autos too...the rate increase is more or less them trying to offset any claims they get.

LB3711
06-03-2011, 11:20 PM
gotta love vehicle insurance such a money making scheme.

SmokedRam
06-03-2011, 11:23 PM
gotta love vehicle insurance such a money making scheme.

Power companies and car insurance...two things you can't do without...

To Progress Energy, I give a HUGE :flipthebird: to...

RamSport97
06-03-2011, 11:30 PM
They raised mine as well Cory, by $15.

NOTPAID4
06-03-2011, 11:54 PM
I have Allstate here in NC and mine just went down by OVER $100 per month!!! Exact same coverage that I've always had.

LB3711
06-04-2011, 12:16 AM
you dont need insurance of any kind its just a way to suck us dry of money for nothing in return. Power well we are SOL on.

txbass06
06-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Farmers here. Full coverage on mine is $67 a month. That's being 23, married, and no accidents or anything on my driving record. I don't think I've got it too bad lol

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

OklaHemi
06-04-2011, 02:04 AM
I have been with all state, progressive and am currently with state farm.

All state was ok for me decent rates and nothing to really complain about.

Progressive was the most expensive but by far had the best costumer service of any business I have ever dealt with

State farm is the cheapest and I get good local Cs from someone I have known for a while, luckily I haven't had to file a claim in a long time so I dont know how that would pan out

It's sometimes easy to put the ins policy on the back burner until something happens but I encourage my friends and family to get quotes, review the plans, and make them bitches work for your money. I will regularly call to check for a decrease or to see if I'm eligible for a new discount. Try to keep you credit score high and tickets to a minimum and get an out side quote from time to time. I have had my rates lowered by showing them I could get a better deal by switching. Sometimes they can't or won't budge so then you will need to decide if the coverage is worth it.

State wide increases suck the most because there is nothing you can do to fight it

004x41500
06-04-2011, 06:43 AM
That's whats weird, I've had them for 2 years now, and my rates have not gone up, not 1 penny, they actually went down about $5 a month. An Daniel, fuck usaa they've got the shittiest claims process ive ever dealt with, it took over a month for them to get an adjuster to look at my truck. (that's who the girl that hit me had)

Malrick
09-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Don't ask me how but mine is 278 every 6 months full coverage use to be 178 but i got rid of my second car and got hammered with the increase.

Fla 66 cuda
09-09-2011, 05:36 PM
I have State Farm here in North Carolina and they just had a rate decrease this past October. To each their own, but State Farm has treated me and my family well.

X2 i have had S.F. for 22 plus years have treated me fairly also,they know me and my sons every time we go in they ask which car are we transfering over LOL.

Fla 66 cuda
09-09-2011, 05:42 PM
I would never go with allstate again they screwed me back in the day twice,i have full coverage on the one ton 424.00 for 6 months, no tickets, safe driver, multi car policy, and i can physcally talk to my agent.

Storm Rider
09-09-2011, 05:52 PM
X2 i have had S.F. for 22 plus years have treated me fairly also,they know me and my sons every time we go in they ask which car are we transfering over LOL.

My State Farm agent is right up the street and knows me by name, even on the phone. He has stayed late to help when both my girls were getting their licenses to talk to them about insurance, safe driving, and whatever other questions they may have had. Gotta agree with Lou. Stay where they treat you right.

NOTPAID4
09-09-2011, 10:39 PM
We have Allstate and mine just decreased over $100 per month!!!