View Full Version : E-fan question

txbass06
05-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Still haven't made my mind up on them. I'm replacing the water pump tomorrow so I've still got a little time to decide.
My question is, would a single 12" fan be enough to keep my 360 cool during the hot ass Texas summers with my a/c running or should I try to fit two smaller fans?
And how did you guys dial in the thermostatic fan control? I'm thinking about turning it all the way up, waiting till it gets to the temp I want it to run at, then adjusting the controller back until the fan kicks on.

BAD HABIT
05-25-2011, 08:14 PM
i used my superchips to monitor temp, a taurus 3.8l fan works the best....

Redtruck-VA
05-25-2011, 08:15 PM
My feeling is a 12" fan is not going to do it. As for adjusting the controller, what you discribed is how i did mine. I use a 180 T and set the fan to come on at 195, which is above my normal cruise temperature.

txbass06
05-25-2011, 08:31 PM
I'll grab a 12" and an 8" from work and see what I can and can't do space wise for the fans. I'm hoping I can fit two back there or I'll be stuck with the mechanical for a while.
Then all I'll have to do is figure out what I'm doing with the OEM shroud and jugs that are mounted to it

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

RamSport97
05-26-2011, 12:17 AM
Mark, this is a little pricey, but it takes all the guess work out and is a great kit for the money. I plan on installing this exact kit in the near future. A member on another forum installed this kit and loved it.

http://www.ffdynamics.com/ramB.html

redneckrocket38
05-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Mark, this is a little pricey, but it takes all the guess work out and is a great kit for the money. I plan on installing this exact kit in the near future. A member on another forum installed this kit and loved it.

http://www.ffdynamics.com/ramB.html

This is the same kit Id like to invest in someday. I have heard a lot of good things about the product and support offered from that company.

txbass06
05-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Patrick, after looking at the link you posted and the specs of that kit verses two 14" fans, I think I'm gonna hold off on the e-fans until I've got the extra scratch for that one lol

RamSport97
05-26-2011, 02:01 PM
This is the same kit Id like to invest in someday. I have heard a lot of good things about the product and support offered from that company.

Same here Justin, heard nothing but great things about them.

Patrick, after looking at the link you posted and the specs of that kit verses two 14" fans, I think I'm gonna hold off on the e-fans until I've got the extra scratch for that one lol

Yes sir, that is my plan!

004x41500
05-31-2011, 05:33 PM
anybody know what they do with the overflow and washer fluid jugs?

RamSport97
05-31-2011, 05:47 PM
anybody know what they do with the overflow and washer fluid jugs?

You can reuse your stock radiator shroud with that setup. I also know of people cutting up the radiator shroud to where all you have is the sides to mount the overflow and washer reservoirs. Or you can just bolt them to the core supports.

There is also a company that makes aftermarket overflow and washer reservoirs for our truck that bolt right to the core supports, they are a bit costly though.

This is a friend of mine in Canada that ditched the washer reservoir and bolted the overflow bottle to the core support.

http://www.rm-indy.com/images/408pass-side.jpg

SmokedRam
05-31-2011, 06:01 PM
Damn, off topic, but that blue looks damn good...

RamSport97
05-31-2011, 06:10 PM
That is an Indy Ram that now has a procharged 408 Stroker. Pushing 650 horsepower to the rear wheels. Runs 0-60 mph in 3.5-4 seconds.