View Full Version : My new muffler vid...

SmokedRam
05-08-2011, 07:21 PM
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q100/tstewartdepotphotos/th_43b1eff8.jpg (http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q100/tstewartdepotphotos/?action=view&current=43b1eff8.mp4)

4XLGator
05-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Idle sounds good...but why didn't you get some revving in there? Then again, the mic would've probably distorted it. LOL

SmokedRam
05-08-2011, 07:25 PM
yeah and I had to use the cam corder on my old Sprint phone...it only allows 30 second vid clips to be sent from the phone..

NOTPAID4
05-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Sure sounds good to me! You adding a tail pipe?

SmokedRam
05-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Sure sounds good to me! You adding a tail pipe?

Nope! I bought a turn down, but dumb ass me bought a 2 1/2 in ID, when I need a 2 1/2 in OD...so right now, its just flowing from the muffler outlet only

Storm Rider
05-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Sounds real good to me. I know you like it.

Redtruck-VA
05-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Adam, excellent. It's isn't easy getting the exhaust right.

SmokedRam
05-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Thanks Greg, Paul and JIm...I am super stoaked about it...it did cost me a trip to the ER last night though...I wasnt wearing safety glasses when under the truck when I should have...had a shiver of metal fall into my eye and it got embedded into my cornea. They had to dig it out with a needle...talk about pain...now I cant drive for 24 hours.

Redtruck-VA
05-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks Greg, Paul and JIm...I am super stoaked about it...it did cost me a trip to the ER last night though...I wasnt wearing safety glasses when under the truck when I should have...had a shiver of metal fall into my eye and it got embedded into my cornea. They had to dig it out with a needle...talk about pain...now I cant drive for 24 hours.

Adam, having been a machinist for many years I know exactly what you speak of. The worst was a time when I was using an air grinder on an alumumun case and lifted my shield and accidently spun the grinder up throwing splinters into eyes. That was a major F'k up and is the root of my vision problems some 35 years later. Take care of your eyes and always use safety glasses.

SmokedRam
05-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Yeah, hind site it 20/20 for me...but the pain, which you know of, is worse than any I have experienced...I am now on pain meds, but when they start to wear off, it REALLY hurts. I am also on some antibacterial gel, that I have to put into my eye every 4 hours.

I was telling my wife that seems like every year I do something dumb to land me in the ER...

SmokedRam
05-10-2011, 07:58 PM
I tell you what, there is absolutely zero popping or cackle coming from this muffler at all when you get off of it... and zero drone when cruising at about 65 MPH down the road...when you get on it, it's pleasently loud and throaty...but levels out when cruising.

OklaHemi
05-13-2011, 02:26 AM
Man I wanna play this vid badly but every time I see a thread about it someone is asleep and I don't want to wake them.

SmokedRam
05-13-2011, 02:44 AM
Do it...do it now...

Redtruck-VA
05-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Adam, keep in mind, most mufflers will get a little bit more thoaty as they get broken in. Cool huh....

SmokedRam
05-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Adam, keep in mind, most mufflers will get a little bit more thoaty as they get broken in. Cool huh....

I think I am hearing it getting a little broke in now...I drive alot...60 miles a day just back and forth to work...

Cool thing happened the other night after work...I was sitting at a red light and a dude in a Yota Takoma pulled up next to me...Ruby was sitting there rumblin and he was staring down the truck like crazy. He was looking at it like I had something under the hood...HAHAHA...I played along and gunned it on the green light...LOL

Redtruck-VA
05-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Oh. it's fun messsing with their heads. I was behind a clean Tacoma at a light on the main highway and he took off hard, I sat on his bumper until we reached about seventy and changed lanes to pass and he backed off. The rest of the traffic from the light was about a half a mile back. Apparently he didn't really want to play. Great fun...
You will have to give us another video in a week to see if we can tell a difference.

SmokedRam
05-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Will do man...I find myself listening to the radio less now and just listening to my exhaust going down the road...lol

Redtruck-VA
05-13-2011, 08:16 AM
I haven't turned my radio on for a long time..... lol

OklaHemi
05-13-2011, 11:14 AM
You can't hear radio over my exhaust when I punch it

4XLGator
05-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Will do man...I find myself listening to the radio less now and just listening to my exhaust going down the road...lol

I do that, but I'm listening to turbo whistle. Sometimes I forget to turn on the radio.