View Full Version : Got the parts I needed... but

NfamousCJ
09-27-2010, 10:23 PM
So lowering the Sebring was a nightmare just to let everyone know. First it started with a clunking in the back which resulted in needing new upper control arms on both sides. Shortly there after I realized the KYB G2 shocks mated to the B&G drop springs were way too spongy so I'd bounce and rub all over the place. Swapped the KYB's for a set of Monroes. Problem solved so far. While turning too hard my tires would rub so I invested in a roll bar which cured that problem. The Monroes are squeaky bastards and the clunking noise in the back hasn't stopped.

So ultimately Im starting from scratch-
Same B&G Springs
Stratus RT Struts
KYB Strut Tower Mounts (recommend to cure the clunking)
New Upper and Lower Spring seats.

I hate squeaking to no end. Every squeak is a dagger in my soul especially when people see my car then hear it effin squeak.

Only problem, the spring seats made of a bizarre spongy material are offwhite and the other is peach colored. On a green car with black shocks, red springs and hyperblack rims I dont think the peach or offwhite will look too great. So my question is does anyone know what material they are and what could I possibly do to change the color of them to just black.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8007/picture002wt.jpg

Onk
09-28-2010, 12:16 AM
Damn.....how much money you into it so far?

NfamousCJ
09-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Not much actually. The upper control arms were the worst since it was the dealership but all the rest has been spread out over quite a bit of time. I'll have to dig up some emails to get the actual numbers.

BAD HABIT
09-28-2010, 01:44 PM
what do they feel like they are made of?

NfamousCJ
09-28-2010, 04:43 PM
It's semi-porous silicone I believe. I have black fabric dye I found I think I'm going to use. Luckily only the lower seat is visible when installed.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3379/mopar.jpg

Gag on that awesome peach color I know. oh and I forgot to mention when I got my new wheels and tires shipped to me the rear would rub on the inner fender so they had to be rolled by a buddy of mine who works at a body shop. ultimately I would have said screw it but by now I'm too invested so I might as well just get it set and done with though I am pleased to have one of the most unique a owner tailored Sebrings I've seen beyond the internet.