View Full Version : Looking for a Sonnax or Transgo LP booster

Redtruck-VA
04-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Gentlemen I have my LP guage setup and am going to experiment with different value resistance and a hybrid of the two systems. By far the easiest way to make changes is to have a plug in unit that can be easily plugged in and removed with changes done on a bench. I'll post my results for all to share. So with that said, if someone wants to contribute to the cause or sell me a LP booster with "plugs" I am in need. As a tidbit, does anyone know that the LP is constantly fluctuating between 45psi and as much as 165psi depending on MAP/TPS signals to the PCM?
Thanks,

Redtruck-VA
05-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Found one, Thanks..

OklaHemi
05-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Glad you did I was going to suggest a homemade sonnax. I know odj has a how to and df and rf.

Redtruck-VA
05-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Mike, thanks, Actually I'm after the plugs. I've built several boosters and want to see what the Sonnax actually looks like and get some values off of it. OBTW, my LP sensor died and I'm going to try it a little different with a anolog gage. The AeroForce has a vulnerability being all your eggs are in one basket so to speak. If it goes off line you got no gauges. I got the AeroForce back working but no LP anymore.

I am interested in hearing how the Sonnax effects the line presure.

Redtruck-VA
05-30-2011, 06:16 PM
I am interested in hearing how the Sonnax effects the line presure.

With the Transgo style booster I got 90 psi increase, unfortunately when i started testing the Sonnax style is when the sensor failed. I'm thinking the sensor can't take the constant fluctuation. Anyway, I'll start testing again when I get my gage set back up. I suspect it will be very similar to the Transgo.