View Full Version : Tint Question

I have a question about layering tint. Now that summer is approaching the sun is blazing through my back window right into my three month old son's eyes. I already have 20% tint all around but now am thinking I will need to go darker to keep the sun out of his face. I am thinking about doing another layer of 20% over the tint that I already have. Does anyone have a pic of how dark 20 on top of 20 looks?

AWE Daniel
04-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Does tint stick to tint?

Does tint stick to tint?

I just figured I would put it on the outside of the glass. It is only for a few months just until his seat gets turned around. I just want to make sure 20 on 20 won't be too dark. I am thinking 35 on 20 might be good but I don't want it to be too light.

SmokedRam
04-17-2011, 05:05 PM
I would just have it peeled and replaced with 15% or 5%...the residue the tint is gonna leave on the outside of your backglass is gonna make you shoot yourself.

Onk
04-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Dont tint the outside of the window...

Once tint is applied, it leaves a residue that you just can never get off...you dont see it much because most people have tint for ever, or they de-tint to re-tint darker....so you cant see it....

If you are going to spend the money, do it the right way. Have the old removed and go with a 5%-15%....

just my .02

AWE Daniel
04-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Why dont you get one of those pull down sun block things for when he is in the truck?

SmokedRam
04-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Or the static cling tint from wally world

Dont tint the outside of the window...

Once tint is applied, it leaves a residue that you just can never get off...you dont see it much because most people have tint for ever, or they de-tint to re-tint darker....so you cant see it....

If you are going to spend the money, do it the right way. Have the old removed and go with a 5%-15%....

just my .02

I would just peel it and put darker tint on, but I don't want the whole truck that dark. That is why I just want to do the spot where he sits with the tint and leave the rest as is. As far as the residue, I just peeled my tail lights a couple weeks ago and it wasn't too bad so hopefully this won't be any worse.

As far as the shades go, I can get the tint cheaper than one of the shades and it looks way better than a shade.

Or the static cling tint from wally world

Hey hey, now that is a good idea. I never even thought about that!

I just spoke to the guy I buy my tint from. He said he would cut me some 35% and 20% to cover the back glass. Best part is that he said he would give it to me for cost, which will be only about a buck or two. So that pretty much made my decision for me. I am going to go pick it up later this week and maybe do it this weekend. Probably try the 20% first and see how it looks.

BAD HABIT
04-17-2011, 06:58 PM
the trick to peeling tint is to use a steamer, my guy used one to remove my old tint to tint with 5% and very little residue was left behind, what was left he used something in a spray bottle and it came right off with a blade....

So I finally got around to doing the tint this weekend. Ended up going over all three panes of glass in the rear window with 20% on top of the factory tint. It actually is not as dark as I had thought it would be but it does the job. Now the little guy is riding in cool comfort in the back :).

AWE Daniel
05-31-2011, 01:13 PM
Tits and nanners good job