View Full Version : Anyone have a PSC1 installed on their truck?

Redtruck-VA
04-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Like stated above, anyone using a PSC1 and want to share install information? I've been working on a install for a couple days and thought I had it yesterday. But the RPM wasn't reading right so I switched the trigger input from the crank sensor to injector #8 and the rpm is way off, also picked up the TB icon warning. Contacted Split Second for some help, but haven't heard back from them. This is a simple 5 wire install and apparently I'm not smart enough to get it right.

Redtruck-VA
04-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Ok, appears I'm talking to myself here but I'll keep updating anyway.
On my 03 the wires go like this:
PSC1 Red - Redw/wht stripe, switched 12vdc
PSC1 Black - Black w/ lt blue stripe, sensor ground. not chassis ground
PSC1 Violet - Green w/red stripe, signal wire from MAP. Cut this wire, connect to PCM side.
PSC1 Yel and Green 2 wires - Green w/red stripe from the MAP connect to MAP side.
PSC1 Yel w/black stripe - RPM trigger Gray w/lt blue stripe, #8 injector.
PSC1 Yel w/green strip not used.

All the wires are located on the C1 or C2 plugs of the PCM.
I have a CAI setup and it takes about 5 minutes to strip everything out of the way. The PCM can be unbolted and pulled out to easily work on. I've had problems sorting out a TB icon that came on and I thought it was a wiring problem, but it turned out to be the MAP that came install on the unit has some values that are outside the normal parameters and threw codes. My rpm's is still not reading right, but now I think is selecting the right setup options to fix that problem. Good luck..

AF_Hemi
04-10-2011, 07:34 PM
i would have installed it, but i sold it to you!!! haha glad you're puttin it to more use than i was

Redtruck-VA
04-10-2011, 07:44 PM
i would have installed it, but i sold it to you!!! haha glad you're puttin it to more use than i was

Aaron, I actually thought the one you sold me was bad and I bought a new one. When I installed the new one it had the same problems as the one I got from you. So I am sure yours was ok and actually never installed. Once I get everything fully sorted out I'll test it and if it is good and I'm sure it is I'll sell it. I think the majority of these installs are done by folks with some previous experience and it is quite easy for them, it has been a bit of achallenge for me.

AF_Hemi
04-10-2011, 07:45 PM
ohhh i see. sorry i cant be of any help :/ i applaud your exploratory efforts though!! you're a regular old christopher columbus. wait... didnt you go to school with him or something? :P

Redtruck-VA
04-10-2011, 07:49 PM
ohhh i see. sorry i cant be of any help :/ i applaud your exploratory efforts though!! you're a regular old christopher columbus. wait... didnt you go to school with him or something? :P

No I didn't go to school with him, but did work on a couple of his ships....:naughty:

Redtruck-VA
04-10-2011, 10:54 PM
I found a good DIY on another forum. This guy is killing me, with it took him only2 hours for the install. Of course he had friends helping including a guy from Split Second to lead the way,

http://www.chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=1379

Life is good.

AF_Hemi
04-10-2011, 10:59 PM
post that write-up here and then get rid of the link. lets build SEM's info, not send people to other sites

There is an install writeup for putting it on a ram that seems pretty thorough elsewhere. Let me see if I can find it and post it up.

Redtruck-VA
04-11-2011, 08:53 AM
post that write-up here and then get rid of the link. lets build SEM's info, not send people to other sites

Aaron,
I certainly agree we should all work to make the SEMOPARS the goto place for information, ideas, parts and social interaction. But very few folks come here and are not aware of the other forums. Actually many if not most names I see here are from other forums and there are good reasons we are gathing here and I believe it is because of the forum's merit. I wouldn't be comfortable using someones information and not giving full credit to whom and where it came from. It's all good..

Back to the install, what I am seeing in the install pictures. Is that they are taking the rpm trigger directly from the injector where I have mine connected near the PCM. I don't know what difference that would make but I'll certainly be looking at that today. Once I get a good trigger, I'll finish wiring the window switch as it also needs a trigger input.

Here is a writeup about the install I saw a while back when I considered going this route for tuning. It is from HTC.

>>>>>This is how to wire it up on an 04'<<<<<

Red wire t-taps to (C1P29) Solid Red wire

Black wire t-taps to (C2P27) Blue w/ Green stripe MAP Sensor Ground (Middle wire of MAP Sensor)

Cut MAP Sensor Signal Wire about 6" before PCM. This wire is Purple w/ Black Stripe going to C2

Violet wire splices to (C2P23 Purple w/ Black Stripe) cut end of MAP wire on the PCM side*

Yellow wire and Green wire go together and splice into cut end of MAP wire on the MAP Sensor side Purple w/ Black Stripe wire

Yellow w/ Black Stripe wire t-taps to tach signal off #8 Injector. The wire closest to the red clip*

Yellow w/Green Stripe wire is not used (not in diagram but is on the PSC1-003)

>>>>>This is how to wire it up on an 03'<<<<<

Red wire t-taps to (C1P29) Red w/ White Stripe*

Black wire t-taps to (C2P27) Black w/ Light Brown Stripe MAP Sensor Ground (Middle wire of MAP Sensor)

Cut MAP Sensor Signal Wire about 6" from PCM. This wire is Green w/ Red Stripe going to C2

Violet wire splices to (C2P23 Green w/ Red Stripe) cut end of MAP wire on the PCM side

Yellow wire and Green wire go together and splice into cut end of MAP wire on the MAP Sensor side Green w/ Red Stripe wire

Yellow w/ Black Stripe wire t-taps to tach signal off #8 Injector. The wire closest to the red clip

Yellow w/Green Stripe wire is not used (not in diagram but is on the PSC1-003)

Redtruck-VA
04-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Jason, good stuff, I'm wired as istated with one exception. I'm tapped into the GY/LB wire at the PCM and not at the injector itself. I'll change this today and see if it fixes the rpm readout. Thanks,

Redtruck-VA
04-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I was wired to the GY/LB wire at the PCM and I moved it to the injector. I didn't expect any change and there wasn't any. Called Split Second and got a call back from Mark and got it sorted out. This is easy if someone tells you, but no where does it tell you that changing the screen doesn't do anything until you update the unit (they call it a ECM). This is done using a icon in the upper left corner on the map page. So this is the two additional pieces of information needed to make this thing work.
1. After install, connect to the ECM and download the map. Modify the map to all 10's.
2. Upload the map back to the ECM, this will resolve the TB warning icon on the dash.
3. Select the 1 cylinder/ 4 stroke if taking the rpm trigger from an injector. And upload to the ECM. These two step can be done together. The key being upload the data you have selected or it won't be installed to the ECM.

This is easy stuff, but if you don't know, you won't get it..
Anyone who needs help in the future feel free to contact me.

Good luck