PDA

View Full Version : Well, who woulda "THUNK IT"!!!

NOTPAID4
04-07-2011, 10:10 PM
You all know that we bought our latest magnum "BLUE" on March 4th. There still seems to be a problem getting the title from "WELLS FARGO" ~ (previous owners bank) and after SEVERAL phone calls to the previous owner and NEVER a response I was getting pretty darn tired of waiting, so.....

Today I took all my paper work to the NORTH CAROLINA DOT THEFT & FRAUD DIVISION. I walked in and the inspector introduced himself and I explained the situation and NOT hearing anything from ANYONE about where the title was.

NOW >>> This is the catch..... The inspector looked over all our paper work and says "Hey, I remember you folks.... I stopped YOU on April 1st to check your tinted windows...... OH WOW.... "WHO WOULDA THUNK IT WOULD BE THE SAME INSPECTOR ~ LOL

He researched everything on the computer discovering the TITLE was still in the previous owners name and started making phone calls. OF course NO answer just like I was getting. He ended up getting ahold of his employer and told them that this guy had better contact HIM asap as a possible FRAUD situation could be inforced. HIS phone rang from the previouse owner less than 5 minutes later. He explained to the officer that HE thought the title was being sent to me directly and not to him. The officer informed HIM that he had better contact his bank to see what is going on with the title. Again the phone rang... previous owner again and said that his bank had sent the title to HIM in error. The officer notified him that he needs to contact us and deliver THIS TITLE as soon as possilbe. Just goes to show ya what the proper contacting person can do.

We then talked about our stop with him about the tinted windows and how Tee asked him if this was a April Fools joke... we laughed and he even called other inspectors to share OUR funny and nice experience with him. (We even told him about our winning lottery ticket that day.) He told US the very next person he stopped their window tint was 3.9% ~ Could NOT even seen in their car and it just passed inspection... He was leaving after our meeting to give the inspection station a summons! YIKES!

Just goes to show ya..... I DON'T PLAY WHEN IT COMES TO OUR MAGNUMS! ~LOL~

NOTPAID4
04-07-2011, 11:26 PM
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/deboyacej/cop_pointing-1.jpg http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/deboyacej/x14-1.gif

Well earlier this evening, guess WHO finally called me BACK????

Yup the prevouse owner saying he just got the title today and was going to take it to the Post Office tomorrow. I suggested how important a document this is and he may just want to register it.

Funny HOW after he gets a call from DOT this arrives, ain't it???

Don't care as long as I get it!!!

txbass06
04-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Glad you finally got in touch with the guy. This is the reason I won't buy a vehicle unless they've got the title on hand

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Storm Rider
04-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Glad to see you got things straightened out on (Blue). Just have to have someone push the right buttons for people.

OklaHemi
04-08-2011, 02:55 PM
get' em damn slackers

NOTPAID4
04-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Got home today from the car show and there was a card from the post office; certified package for me.... WOW, hope it's the TITLE!!! Now I gotta wait 'til Monday to find out! Sigh....

Storm Rider
04-10-2011, 12:07 PM
I know you will be at the post office bright and early.

NOTPAID4
04-10-2011, 12:41 PM
I know you will be at the post office bright and early.

YUP... 8 am Buddy!!! LOL

Redtruck-VA
04-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Well done,

NOTPAID4
04-11-2011, 10:49 AM
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDIN'.................

Tee and go to the post office to pick up the package from the previous owner of BLUE. Yup it's the TITLE,
Right................. NO Wrong>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We take all our paperwork and this title to the DMV tag office ONLY to find out the title is NOT any good!!!!!!!!!!
It appears the previous owner had a SECOND lien on the title and until that get cleared the Title cannot be transferred to Tee and I... So off we go to the DOT Inspection Fraud Division!!! The inspector makes another call and leaves a message for this guy that he MUST get this second lien taken care of or this constitutes FRAUD. AND both the DMV and the DOT wonder HOW did he get this title in the first place....it should NOW be at the second lien holders.

Geesh..... What a pain this is! The only way we could get the title transferred to US to for US to pay the lien which is NOT happening.

Now... I have THREE CHOICES..........

ONE, give him a chance to get the lien paid and cleared and then I can get the lien holder to sign off.

TWO, take all this paper work to a lawyer for a lawsuit!

THREE, take all this paper work to the Magistrates office and apply for CRIMINAL PROSECUTION!

Since Tee and are NICE people, so far we have just called and left a message for hm....HOWEVER, if this is not straightened out in the next few days we will have NO CHOICE to take further actions!

I just simply want the title so I can tag the car!!! Nothing MORE!

4XLGator
04-11-2011, 12:36 PM
That sucks! Hopefully this works out for you.

NOTPAID4
04-13-2011, 03:19 PM
FINALLY.......... GOT THE TITLE squared away this morning and tagged and insure my latest magnum "BLUE" and got 'er ready to ROLL. Tee and I will be taking 'er for a spin in a little bit! Woo HOO!!!!

NOTPAID4
04-13-2011, 11:00 PM
Well, Ole BLUE runs GREAT, but definately has some front suspension problems; probably tie rod ends.... weill get it checked ASAP!!!

AWE Daniel
04-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Glad it all got sorted out for ya!

Onk
04-13-2011, 11:34 PM
TITLE in HAND......Its finally yours for real!!!

Grats!

NOTPAID4
04-14-2011, 10:43 AM
FUNNY... just this morning I got a call from an insurance agent saying he could say me some REAL money on my car insurance so...... I started off by listing my magnum, then my other magnum, then my other magnum.... Well you get the idea. This guy COULD NOT believe we have SIX Magnums. I really had HIM confused..... by the time we listed them all ~LOL~

4XLGator
04-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Haha. Glad you finally got the title straightened out.

Sent from Lee's iPhone4 using Tapatalk