View Full Version : Getting ready for round 3.......

TopB2972
04-03-2011, 10:40 AM
End of last year , Early Dec, I ran over a Deer going to work. Went with the INS preferred body shop. " Modern Body Shop " in winston-Salem. They painted the front nose and aligned the front end suspension. the first time i get it back LOOKS great in the sun. when its cloudy or dusk Nose doesn't match at all plus Noticed body didn't line up on one side.

2nd Round... took it back they give the regular excuses. the repaint it. I go to pick it up, its cloudy that day, the nose is still different color. and both sides not aligned. I point it out. he goes on to saying they had 4 painters including the Manager over the paint shop working on it trying to match it. This isn't a Metallic or pearl its Just Top Banana color. then goes on to tell me well Its a urethane bumper and metal fender and hood. which i pointed out the BACK bumper cover which Matches. I got fed up and I think he knew offered me a free complete Detailing this spring. They can't PAINT a car right why would I let them but a buffer on it. BUT now...

ROUND 3.... Yesturday I was talking to a buddy of mine about the Nose not matching , was brought up because of upcoming car shows. when I noticed The paint is peeling at the bottom just over the top of my chin spoiler. at a closer look the paint under it isn't even ruffed (or scratched up). My buddy told me they (Modern Body) fixed His, 96 Impala SS, after an accident 5 years ago. His paint id Bubbling and peeling all over his hood. Had 1 other person tell me bad stories about them doing work for them.
I'm going to call my Ins and tell them this is the third time I want it fixed. I want to take somewhere else. Really considering telling them I want to take to Ilderton Dodge in Highpoint. This Is getting stupid. I am probably Going to miss out in some cruise ins and Shows which what I enjoy doing.

Sorry but had to get this off my chest somehow.

NOTPAID4
04-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Wow, Will that really SUX! Hope you can get the insurance company to back you up on this!

Storm Rider
04-03-2011, 03:01 PM
The Modern Body Shop in Winston-Salem are a bunch of hacks. They worked on my '98 Ram and it took 4 months and unlimited times calling them. You should try Crown Dodge in Greensboro. They have a great body shop. Ilderton is also a quality dealership. Part of the reason the bumper my not match is that it may not be a Mopar front end. Modern uses everything but original parts when they do body work.

TopB2972
04-03-2011, 03:04 PM
I origionally going to go to Ilderton. but I went with the Ins. Preferred shop. Going to tell them I want to take it to Ilderton this time. when I talk to them tomorrow.

Its the origional front end only parts replaced were all the body parts under the car.

Onk
04-03-2011, 03:28 PM
sounds like they didnt prep it at all. they just laid the paint....

I hope you get it figured out!!

Storm Rider
04-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Where do you stand with Modern now? Are they going to help you out?

car_enthusiast63
04-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Wow thats aggravating shit, they didnt bother with even prepping anything at all wth, Good Luck on getting it all fixed but the right way, I hate it when you have places like that, they just do crap jobs and dont give a crap about it

Ms.MagnumSLT
04-07-2011, 08:12 PM
That sucks! I hope the ins. company will help you get this fixed the right way.