View Full Version : O.b.a.

03 Rammer
09-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Hey guys pretty soon Im going to be installing my OBA system. I had a few questions. With the one Im planning on getting which is this: http://www.viaircorp.com/OffRoad/10003.html.

Do you think I could still use Air tools like an impact to help change tires faster?

Also it says it can fill 33's with the 325C and then the Heavy duty has the same compresor saying it can fill 35's. So im assuming I should be able to do 35's also?

I plan on using this for airing up tires, drying the truck down, and occasionaly wheel change. Ohhhhhh cant forget the Fire Truck Horn!

Excuse the Ford please, I have the same horn, just need to install my OBA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiImxG8Zsqo

Oh yeah instead of 120PSI, Mine Will be at 150PSI.

matt99
09-16-2010, 05:58 PM
thats not a very big tank to be using air tools

03 Rammer
09-16-2010, 09:15 PM
thats not a very big tank to be using air tools

All their tanks are 2.5 gal. I know there are bigger ones. I didnt mention above, But Im putting all this except the horns in my tool box.

BAD HABIT
09-16-2010, 09:24 PM
why not mount it to the frame ?

03 Rammer
09-17-2010, 07:45 PM
why not mount it to the frame ?

There exposed to the weather and road grim. Keeping it in the tool box keeps it clean and gives the compressor clean dry air. I know this from experience I will never mount another tank and compressor under the truck.

BAD HABIT
09-17-2010, 09:18 PM
good point i was gonna put all my stuff under behind the front bumper, i may have to make a box to protect it when the time comes, an aluminum box with a breather neck should do the trick for protection....

car_enthusiast63
09-17-2010, 11:32 PM
The best place IMO to mount the tank and compressor(s) is in the bed of the truck if you have a bed cover or in the tool box sounds great actually, this will keep them clean and out of the elements and maybe extend compressor life? I have two compressors and a 10 gallon tank waiting to be installed in my truck now

03 Rammer
09-18-2010, 11:10 AM
good point i was gonna put all my stuff under behind the front bumper, i may have to make a box to protect it when the time comes, an aluminum box with a breather neck should do the trick for protection....

Yeah, I have seen the compressor and horns mounted up front which is a great location for you gassers. Im going to probably mount the horn either on the inside frame or close to the wheel well. I have liners so the horn would not be visable there.

03 Rammer
09-18-2010, 11:12 AM
I called Hadley and they were kinda concerned I had a E-tone horn that is for Emergency personal ONLY which I told them I was because I will be once I can find a job. They told me I need a 50 dollar electric air solenoid valve that is tank mounted. UGH

Does anyone have any ideas on if another type of tank mounted valve will work?

03 Rammer
10-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Guess What I bought today??????

My OBA system. I didnt buy new found a good deal on Craigslist so I snagged it up.

Its a 5 gallon tank with a 150psi 450C compressor and 1/2in valve