PDA

View Full Version : Doing my own exhaust

SmokedRam
03-24-2011, 08:50 PM
So, with money being a little tight, I figured I would do my own exhaust in Ruby, rather than paying someone $200 to do it...the only thing is...I HAVE done my own exhaust in my S10, however, didnt have to deal with a down stream O2 on it, being it was an OBDI system....

Now, my plan is to run a Cherry Bomb extreme, then dump it...what do I do with the downstream sensor?

BAD HABIT
03-24-2011, 08:53 PM
i think you can just wrap it in tin foil and zip it up next to the frame, im not possitive but maybe pm silverbullet i think he did it...my down stream is before the exhaust i believe....

SmokedRam
03-24-2011, 09:05 PM
I didnt really pay attention to where mine was...so I dont really know if it is the intermediate pipe between the cat and stock muffler or behind the actual muffler itself...if need be I can get an intermediate 2.5 inch pipe and have the muffler shop weld an O2 bung in it...but my original plan was to dump the outlets off the cherry bomb itself, rather than using a pipe between the muffler and dumps

BAD HABIT
03-24-2011, 09:09 PM
make sure it dumped under the bed....

SmokedRam
03-24-2011, 09:13 PM
It should be honestly...now that I think about it...if the O2 is in the intermediate pipe, then all I would have to do is unclamp the stock muffler, clamp on the cherry bomb then dump it...

AWE Daniel
03-24-2011, 09:54 PM
It should be honestly...now that I think about it...if the O2 is in the intermediate pipe, then all I would have to do is unclamp the stock muffler, clamp on the cherry bomb then dump it...

Exactly

txbass06
03-24-2011, 10:29 PM

If yours is anything like mine, the o2 sensor is before the cat in the intermediate and the muffler is welded

RamSport97
03-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Yeup, all you have to do is unclamp the old exhaust and bolt on a new. However, I would eventually get it welded to prevent any leaks. Clamps will rust and break eventually.

Silverbullet08
03-24-2011, 11:56 PM
yea i had my rear o2s wrapped in foil and thrown in the heat duct on mine truck no codes for me

SmokedRam
03-25-2011, 12:45 AM
If yours is anything like mine, the o2 sensor is before the cat in the intermediate and the muffler is welded

Not welded on mine...just has your standard run of the mill exhaust clamps where the intermediate pipe slides into the muffler.

SmokedRam
03-25-2011, 12:49 AM
Now, I just need to go find some exhaust clips on youtube with a 5.2/Cherry Bomb Extreme Dumped exhaust...

On the other hand, there is a dude on DF selling a Flowmaster Super 10...but he says it is so loud the neighbors called the law on him...

redneckrocket38
03-26-2011, 11:18 AM
The blowmaster 10 and C/B extreme are identical. I think flowtech even makes one thats an exact match. The extreme is probably the cheapest of the bunch, and with stock manifolds and cat they arent too loud on our 5.2's. If your going to dump it I'd go with a si/so, you'll only need one turndown and it would be easier to put a hanger on one outlet than two. I got mine(its a si/do) at pep boys, they usually stock one or two but can order what you want, for right around $50.