PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Fluid for Reusable Filter

While it was nice out this past weekend I took off my Airaid filter and gave it a good cleaning and then reoiled it. It was crappy dirty so I am glad that I finally got around to doing it. Anyway, when I was cleaning it I used the last of my cleaning solution that came with the filter. When I smelled the stuff it smelled just like windex so maybe it is just a regular old cleaner. Anyone know if there is an alternative to the specified cleaning spray that can be used or should I just stick with the stuff made for cleaning the filter?

OklaHemi
03-24-2011, 12:00 AM
It all smells the same to me but I dont think windex would have the degreasing properties of the filter cleaner. When I ran out of the stuff that can't with my airraid I just went to avance and got the k&n cleaner kit

You're lucky that the store near you sells it. The one around here doesn't carry much of anything.

Fla 66 cuda
03-24-2011, 06:27 AM
Ditto k&n is what i use for my airaid also i go to advanced[oRileys up there]i suppose.

BAD HABIT
03-24-2011, 08:42 PM
i use k&n filter cleaner and oil also

03 Rammer
03-27-2011, 09:23 PM
I just did mine this past week. I used the K&N cleaner and oil.

NOTPAID4
03-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Since NONE of our previous magnums are daily drivers I haven't had to clean ANY of our filters yet. NOW that BLUE will be my daily driver that will change, HOWEVER I just installed the K&N so it should be awhile... but I already have the K&N cleaning kit.... by the time I'll need it, I probably won't find it....
I spent all afternoon just sorting stuff in the garage and found a lotta cool stuff! ~LOL~