PDA

View Full Version : New Programmer!

03 Rammer
03-20-2011, 09:56 PM
I just bought off ebay a Quadzilla Adrenaline with Pulse CM programmer. Came with all sensors, probes, wiring, instructions mount and even the stickers.

The guy only used it for 2 weeks before he sold his truck lol

Should have it sometime by the end of the week or the next week.

It has a special tune thats a 160hp which I'm afraid to run, since my trans is all stock lol. I think I will keep it at the 140 range.

Im going to love being able to adjust settings on the fly and at the sametime keep an eye on the truck too thanks to the monitor. :)

Cant wait.

Onk
03-20-2011, 09:58 PM
very nice!!!!

Grats!!

BAD HABIT
03-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

SmokedRam
03-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Awesome!!!

AWE Daniel
03-21-2011, 12:09 AM
Man the benefits of diesel, makes me jealous!

03 Rammer
03-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Man the benefits of diesel, makes me jealous!

hehe, now go get one lol

Nothing like smacking down an easy 140hp with a press of a button and gaining 2-4mpgs ;)

03 Rammer
04-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Got it all installed and WOW I love this THING!!!! Im able to monitor tons of readings on the display up to 4 at a time. I love being able to change settings on the fly and not to mention now from a dead stop I boost brake it and I start rollin coal and my tires light up aswell. Something the SC never did.

Farewell SC you have been great and all but its time to move up ;)

NOTPAID4
04-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Sounds GREAT!!! Don't know much about the truck programmers and especially know nothing about Diesels; but are these similare to the "BULLY DOG" PROGRAMMERS that I see on U-Tube that give so much power to the Diesels???

03 Rammer
04-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Sounds GREAT!!! Don't know much about the truck programmers and especially know nothing about Diesels; but are these similare to the "BULLY DOG" PROGRAMMERS that I see on U-Tube that give so much power to the Diesels???

Similar, The quad I have gives up to 160hp and 420tq extra on top of stock

It has a pulse monitor which is the display. Which is mounted on the A pillar and has a screen that I can watch alot of different readings on the truck.

Here is a link of the Programmer I got

http://www.quadzillapower.com/products/index.cfm/p/Adrenaline-Dodge-03-05

4XLGator
05-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Nice!

Smitty
07-19-2011, 07:36 AM
Rammer...Watch the tranny and hope you have your guages. When I bought my Smarty was warned by several to not abuse the stock tranny. 100hp over stock is about max to push them.

I have the Smarty Jr. Are there other options/changes you can make other than just hp changes?

03 Rammer
07-19-2011, 07:42 AM
First of all Welcome to SEM, Glad to see another Cummins member :)

The Quadzilla Adrenaline with pulse has its owns gauges and built warnings etc. The trans has been rebuilt and line pressure turned up only. I have been running a programmer for about 3 years now including the the Quadzilla KNOCK ON WOOD! No issues, just got to learn to not hot rod it everywhere you go lol I am currently saving up for a trans build up and have a good hook up on some parts at my work.

With my Quadzilla I can adjust a lot of settings. Not just hp settings. I can change them o have a better throttle response, more low end power, more high end power, more smoke, less smoke etc etc etc.

Smitty
07-19-2011, 07:50 AM
First of all Welcome to SEM, Glad to see another Cummins member :)

The Quadzilla Adrenaline with pulse has its owns gauges and built warnings etc. The trans has been rebuilt and line pressure turned up only. I have been running a programmer for about 3 years now including the the Quadzilla KNOCK ON WOOD! No issues, just got to learn to not hot rod it everywhere you go lol I am currently saving up for a trans build up and have a good hook up on some parts at my work.

With my Quadzilla I can adjust a lot of settings. Not just hp settings. I can change them o have a better throttle response, more low end power, more high end power, more smoke, less smoke etc etc etc.

Nice...Thanks for the welcome. That is the downside to the Smarty; it is a programmer. It does have the POD (Power on Demand), where I can change the percentage of the tune being applied. But it also changes shift points etc, which I don't like. The smarty uses the OBD port, which is where the Insight plugs into. Can't use both at the same time. I still want to get something that I can use on the fly and not have to re-program every time. Takes about 7 mins to re-program.

Sounds like you can adjust timing and torque mgmt like the Smarty does?

Looking to get my Tranny upgraded around March next year, then will be moving up to a better programmer/tuner.

03 Rammer
07-19-2011, 09:21 AM
I havent really gotten into all the tuning but with the pulse you can adjus tunes to what you want like i said earlier and save them on the pulse. You can save a couple different tunes and switch back and forth between them. It also has the on the fly adjustments from stock to level 10. I have messed around with some of the tunes and adjustments people have tried and there are a few that I would never run on the street lol I just stuck with the stock tunes that came with the programmer and keep it on level 5 for normal driving around town and level 10 when I want to mess around or get somewhere fast lol

I had the superchips before and know what you mean about waiting for it to reprogram...UGH it took the SC about 7 minutes to reprogram. I was real annoying around time when I needed to tow stuff and not tow stuff.

4XLGator
07-19-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm not sure which programmer I am going to choose when I buy. I know the Smarty line doesn't leave a footprint and I need to check with my extended warranty company if that even matters. But the Smarty line doesn't seem to be as nice looking as the others with monitors. On the other hand, I know a lot of diesel owners love the Smarty's.

Aaron, do you know if the Quadzilla with Adrenaline leaves a footprint or not?

And Smitty, when you unplug your insight to plug in and program with the smarty, do you simply plug the insight back in and it's up and running, or does some sort of reset have to happen? And, with the insight plugging into the ODBII port, does it still measure EGT's and trans temp, or did you have to install temp probes?

Smitty
07-19-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure which programmer I am going to choose when I buy. I know the Smarty line doesn't leave a footprint and I need to check with my extended warranty company if that even matters. But the Smarty line doesn't seem to be as nice looking as the others with monitors. On the other hand, I know a lot of diesel owners love the Smarty's.

And Smitty, when you unplug your insight to plug in and program with the smarty, do you simply plug the insight back in and it's up and running, or does some sort of reset have to happen? And, with the insight plugging into the ODBII port, does it still measure EGT's and trans temp, or did you have to install temp probes?

More or less on plugging the Insight back in. When you plug in it will ask you what type motor it is, gas, diesel, other. Then will ask you if you want to load default setup. Chose "no" and the setup you use will come up and you are set to go.

For the EGT, have the temp probe installed in the exhaust manifold. Everything else, including tran temp works thru the ODB port.

There are suppose to be digital monitors or used to be anyway that do not use the ODB port. The quadzilla Scout was one. Not sure if still is or not.

03 Rammer
07-19-2011, 11:46 PM

Lee, it does not leave a footprint. Because its doesnt plug into your obd2 or computer. Aslong as you take it out before you goto the dealer you should be find aslong as they dont measure spray patterns if they have to tear down the engine. ;)

Smitty
07-20-2011, 07:56 AM

The DOF group is very pro Smarty...for several reasons: (This is how it was explained to me)
1. They only make for Cummins. So company is suppose to really know what they are doing.
2. A lot of the tuners only use one aspect of the engine/Ecm to gain power, while Smarty uses multiple. For Example, Edge is mostly fuel. A lot of complaints of EGT to high when using Edge. MP-8 (think that is what it is called) just uses fuel pressure to gain performance. While Smarty uses timing, fuel, boost, fuel pressure, etc to get the gains.
3. Can do other different options, such as timing, torque mgmt, etc with Smarty. Fine tune for your driving habits.
4. Easily stackable with other tuners. such as Smarty and TST.

Downside is that the Smarty are not on-the-fly changeable. Unless you use the POD.

They DO NOT like anything from Banks or Bully Dog or Diablo. But, there are people who use them with good results. There are some good things coming out about Quadzilla. Especially the wireless setup. H&S and EFI are suppose to have some good tuners.

Rich (Doghouse) posted this on DOF.

"Grade School - All your plug and play modules (Superchips, Hypertech, etc)
Middle School - Tuners with some adjustable options (Edge, Quad, Bully Dog, Smarty Jr)
High School - Tuners that allow tayloring to most common mods (Smarty S-06 / S-67, H&S)
College - Tuners that allow modification of timing, duration, pressure and other parameters over a broad range (Smarty SSR)
PHD - Tuning that allows pinpoint modification of all parameters and limitations (EFI Live)"

I mostly drive for towing/MPG anyway. So, for the most part I just leave the towing program (75hp) installed. Keep the torque mgmt on stock and max the timing. Get around 13-15mpg when towing my 5er.

Lee, what year is your truck? If the right years, can hook up the Jr for you to try.

4XLGator
07-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Smitty, I greatly appreciate you typing all that info and sharing it. I got your PM last night but couldn't call at the time.

My truck is an '06. And I appreciate your offer, maybe if you make it out to a show in the near future we can try it out. Or, if you're not into shows we can set something up. Maybe the simplicity of the smarty is what I need until heavy mods begin, which could be awhile. In addition, I actually like analog gauges better than monitors, which would be another plus for the smarty.

Again, thanks much.

Sent from Lee's iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Smitty
07-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Smitty, I greatly appreciate you typing all that info and sharing it. I got your PM last night but couldn't call at the time.

My truck is an '06. And I appreciate your offer, maybe if you make it out to a show in the near future we can try it out. Or, if you're not into shows we can set something up. Maybe the simplicity of the smarty is what I need until heavy mods begin, which could be awhile. In addition, I actually like analog gauges better than monitors, which would be another plus for the smarty.

Again, thanks much.

Sent from Lee's iPhone4 using Tapatalk

No problem...Believe my Smarty will work on yours. Show or meet up...Whatever works for you. Give me a call if you want to discuss further.

03 Rammer
07-20-2011, 10:10 AM
I would offer to do the same, but its a pain to take everything apart lol Its not a simple one plug and your done lol Mine had to connect to the battery, map sensor, rail pressure sensor, fuel pressure sensor, egt sensor and the data connector. Then with the pulse had to plug it into the adrenaline, tap into the big blue wire under the dash for the turbo timer and I think one other connection I cant seem to remember.

Also Lee, when it comes time to buy one make sure to check forum classifieds and ebay. I bought my SC 3 years ago on ebay for only 110 plus shipping and bought my Quadzilla Adrenaline with pluse for around 300. To me it makes sense to buy these used from from a member or good seller because it pays you back faster as in MPG gains. That is if you care for MPGs lol

Smitty
07-20-2011, 10:14 AM
I would offer to do the same, but its a pain to take everything apart lol Its not a simple one plug and your done lol Mine had to connect to the battery, map sensor, rail pressure sensor, fuel pressure sensor, egt sensor and the data connector. Then with the pulse had to plug it into the adrenaline, tap into the big blue wire under the dash for the turbo timer and I think one other connection I cant seem to remember.

Also Lee, when it comes time to buy one make sure to check forum classifieds and ebay. I bought my SC 3 years ago on ebay for only 110 plus shipping and bought my Quadzilla Adrenaline with pluse for around 300. To me it makes sense to buy these used from from a member or good seller because it pays you back faster as in MPG gains. That is if you care for MPGs lol

Yeah, to bad it would be a pain. I would like to give yours a try. Guess something else sort of good about the smarty. Plug into the ODB, download and go.

03 Rammer
07-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Does smarty allow on the fly changes and adjustments? I heard something that they can but you have to have the bulky thing plugged in all the time and I've seen guys get special mounts for them etc. Another thing I've heard about is EFI Live, Altough way out of my understaning you can adjust every aspect of you truck but you have to know what your doing.

Smitty
07-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Does smarty allow on the fly changes and adjustments? I heard something that they can but you have to have the bulky thing plugged in all the time and I've seen guys get special mounts for them etc. Another thing I've heard about is EFI Live, Altough way out of my understaning you can adjust every aspect of you truck but you have to know what your doing.

Yes, you can do what they call POD (Power on Demand). Once you have a program loaded you can use POD to lower/raise the percentage of gains from that program. You can load the 100hp program, back it off to 60% for daily driving/mpg, but then raise it back up to 100% on the fly.

It is a PIA for me to use it because I can't keep the Smarty plugged into the ODB port. That is where my Edge Insight plugs into. So, don't really use POD to often. I have tried to use a 2-1 ODB cable, but did not work very well. Received errors from Smarty.

Yes, EFI live can adjust about ALL aspects of the engine. There is an ongoing thread at DOF about it. http://www.dodgeownerforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=16811.0

03 Rammer
07-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Yes, EFI live can adjust about ALL aspects of the engine. There is an ongoing thread at DOF about it. http://www.dodgeownerforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=16811.0

Similar thing on Cumminsfourm. lol I only read like the first few pages out of like a million lol

4XLGator
07-20-2011, 09:17 PM
No problem...Believe my Smarty will work on yours. Show or meet up...Whatever works for you. Give me a call if you want to discuss further.

I appreciate it...we'll set something up in the future.

And Aaron, I fully understand how big of a PITA it would be to take yours out. Thanks though.

Smitty
08-12-2011, 06:42 PM
I appreciate it...we'll set something up in the future.

And Aaron, I fully understand how big of a PITA it would be to take yours out. Thanks though.

Hey Rammer...

Doing some research myself on a new programmer. In your search, what did you find out; and why did you decide on the Quadzilla.

If easier to discuss on phone let me know...can pm you my phone #.

Thanks

03 Rammer
08-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Well The adrenaline with pulse was one of my many options.

For me the list contained: Smarty JR or Senior, Edge Jw/A,, or Quad adrenaline w/pulse

Edge programmers were way over priced, Smarty didnt really have the on the fly unless if i had the big bulky thing mounted up. And the Quad was the most logical programmer.

You can find them cheap used that is. Not to many people remember Quadzilla makes a good product. Now yes I dont have the coolness factor of a color screen like the CTS etc that can run a gps, load pictures blah blah blah but thats what my HTC EVO 3D is for lol.

I decided on the Quad because of great power gains, plenty of warning parameters you can set. Custom tuning make your own tunes to your needs (be careful) Then the on the fly adjustments, data logging, multiple guages/readings, super easy updates. Not to mention did i say great power gains Level 10 160hp

Hope that helps. They also make a Xillarator 1 and 2 that are pretty good simple programmers that allow a reading of one thing and on the fly adjustments but no where near the cabilbities of a Adrenaline with pulse. Also they have come out now were you can use your iphone etc and android device to power everything and use as a monitor.

Smitty
08-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the info...I am sure I will be getting back with you on your quad.

Decided to do a little looking into all available. So far I have found Quad, Edge, Banks, Bully Dog, H&S, TST (up to 06). Going to have to start a spread sheet keep track of everything...lol

03 Rammer
08-14-2011, 09:13 PM
I would say count Banks out of the game IMO very little amount of hp gains and way too restrictive the warnings are very annoying and set too low. Plus for the price you can get a more advanced programmer. Havent heard too much on the H&S and TST.

Smitty
08-14-2011, 09:20 PM
True, have not heard many good things about Banks. As for TST, Some of the DOF guys like to stack them with the Smarty's.

H&S is suppose to be a good product according to one of the diesel guru's on DOF.

I am assuming that you like your Quad so far? No problems? Gives you the performance you want/expect? Any mpg gains? You do any towing? Tow my 5th wheel, so would also be looking for some mpg along with the power gains.

03 Rammer
08-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Stock I get 17mpg on the HWY With the Superchips I got 21mpg HWY and now with the Quad I get 20mpg on the HWY. I absolutly love it. The best part which is with any other programmer with a display, is the on the fly adjustments and multipe gauges. Hardly tow so wouldnt know anything about the quad and towing.

4XLGator
08-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Smitty, sorry I didn't get to call you this weekend. On the weekends I have my son I get so into spending all the time I can with him and lose track of everything else. I'll give you a call tomorrow or Tuesday.

I have been doing a lot of "programmer" reading and have ruled out a few and put a few others on the potential list. Like you, I'm thinking about building a comparison and pros & cons spreadsheet to keep up with everything.

Banks is one of the ones I have ruled out. They are too conservative with their tuners, but with good reason in my opinion...they have the most to lose out of any of these other companies, none of which have been in the diesel business as long as them. I think their main concern is simply liability.

Superchips is out, my opinion is that they are more into gas than diesel.

Diablo is out, I don't think they have the diesel experience that others have, much like superchips.

H & S is out, on price alone. I hear they are great, but I feel others can do what they do for less money.

EFILive is out...I'm not a computer programmer but I think I could handle it. But, knowing myself it would consume a lot of my time because I would want to play with it all the time. I can literally see myself sitting out in the truck late at night doing so. So, I'm gonna resist that temptation.

I haven't looked into to Bully Dog, but plan to. I doubt I will buy them though.

I am going to continue to look into Smarty, Edge and Quadzilla, although I am leaning towards Smarty right now...which I never thought I would simply on looks alone. However, guys seem to love them and I prefer analog gauges over digital (yes, it's kind of a big deal with me). And not the Jr, I'm looking hard at the S-06 and SSR, although the SSR seems like it does more then I want to get into (same reason as EFILive). They provide higher hp settings and ultimately I would like to have the mods for, and supporting mods to support 500 to 600hp. I realize it's gonna cost me $6k to $10k but that hp range is my goal.

I may even eventually stack with TST.

Even though I typed most everything here, I'll still give you a call tomorrow or Tuesday and we'll kick it around. I typed here as I thought Aaron and Lou may find it interesting reading too.

Smitty
08-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Smitty, sorry I didn't get to call you this weekend. On the weekends I have my son I get so into spending all the time I can with him and lose track of everything else. I'll give you a call tomorrow or Tuesday.

I have been doing a lot of "programmer" reading and have ruled out a few and put a few others on the potential list. Like you, I'm thinking about building a comparison and pros & cons spreadsheet to keep up with everything.

Banks is one of the ones I have ruled out. They are too conservative with their tuners, but with good reason in my opinion...they have the most to lose out of any of these other companies, none of which have been in the diesel business as long as them. I think their main concern is simply liability.

Superchips is out, my opinion is that they are more into gas than diesel.

Diablo is out, I don't think they have the diesel experience that others have, much like superchips.

H & S is out, on price alone. I hear they are great, but I feel others can do what they do for less money.

EFILive is out...I'm not a computer programmer but I think I could handle it. But, knowing myself it would consume a lot of my time because I would want to play with it all the time. I can literally see myself sitting out in the truck late at night doing so. So, I'm gonna resist that temptation.

I haven't looked into to Bully Dog, but plan to. I doubt I will buy them though.

I am going to continue to look into Smarty, Edge and Quadzilla, although I am leaning towards Smarty right now...which I never thought I would simply on looks alone. However, guys seem to love them and I prefer analog gauges over digital (yes, it's kind of a big deal with me). And not the Jr, I'm looking hard at the S-06 and SSR, although the SSR seems like it does more then I want to get into (same reason as EFILive). They provide higher hp settings and ultimately I would like to have the mods for, and supporting mods to support 500 to 600hp. I realize it's gonna cost me $6k to $10k but that hp range is my goal.

I may even eventually stack with TST.

Even though I typed most everything here, I'll still give you a call tomorrow or Tuesday and we'll kick it around. I typed here as I thought Aaron and Lou may find it interesting reading too.

No problems Lee. I understand the priorities.

I have decided to just look at on-the-fly type tuners. Which, you can do per se with POD on the Smarty. But, Smarty uses the ODB port which is what the Insight uses (I have used analog in the past and like my digital). I have tried using a ODB 2-1 cable but Smarty did not like it. I can disconnect the Insight make my POD change and then hook the gauges back up. Not as bad as doing a complete download, but still a PITA.

As a daily driver I am more interested in MPG, then power. So I would like to have the capability to easily switch from an economy mode, to a tow mode (more power), back to economy, etc. With out going through the 10 minute process each time. Again, I could use POD, but not sure I really like using it. It changes shift points, power, throttle response, etc.

I understand with the Smarty you can do some tuning. But, not sure I really want or need it. I am not really interested in the 5 more hp (example) that fine tuning the timing may get me. Now, if it gave me another 1-2 mpg I would like. But do not think it does that. Or have not seen it from my Smarty. I have noticed that some of the 'on-the-fly' tuners are now offering timing/torque/low end tuning.

So, for now I am looking at ease of use, gauges, economy, power when needed.

Stealth Mode
08-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Run a BullyDog and you won't go back to any of the other's...

Smitty
08-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Run a BullyDog and you won't go back to any of the other's...

Why is that?

4XLGator
08-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Yes, tell us Jeff.

---
- Sent from Lee's iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Stealth Mode
08-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Just personal experience. We have a BullyDog on our '06 F350. Huge noticable gain's on both spectrum's. 40-75 in 4.1 second's with the on-the-fly mobile roller. TQ side is fucking crazy. No more brake boosting to burn the tire's, it'll clear a rollin burnout from a dead stop with no problem's at all.

It's an auction truck so we're probably gonna' trade it in for a new 6.7 Cummin's Megacab, like your's Lee. She seemed to like it. That'll damn sure get a BullyDog too.

Stealth Mode
08-15-2011, 10:43 AM
I was just really impressed with them. Not sure how people can bash on Bank's considering how long they been around and thriving. Hell, at one point in time Bank's was contracted from FORD to do all the 7.3 Powerstroke's. And we all know, the 7.3 was a demon diesel.

Smitty
08-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the info...

I have no personal experience with Banks...Seems to be one of those things where someone might have had problems with one and it went from there. Example, Rammer likes his Quad, but on one of the other forums, Quad owner thinks it is a POS.

The Cummins folks (owners, not the company) do not seem to like Banks...Think he bad mouthed them about making to much torque...lol

Stealth Mode
08-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the info...

I have no personal experience with Banks...Seems to be one of those things where someone might have had problems with one and it went from there. Example, Rammer likes his Quad, but on one of the other forums, Quad owner thinks it is a POS.

The Cummins folks (owners, not the company) do not seem to like Banks...Think he bad mouthed them about making to much torque...lol

Bank's add's double tq over hp... Exactly what diesel's need. Our F350 don't come off the Xtreme tune. It's so fun to be rolling at 70 and stomp it and kick it sideway's. 9400lb Truck too....

I won't get another Programmer for the next diesel unless it's a BullyDog.

03 Rammer
08-16-2011, 05:44 PM
I've been hearing with the Bullydogs lots of guys spiking high voltage to there injectors causing injector melt down with the bully dogs. I have 3 buddies that have had that happened to all went to edge after that.

03 Rammer
08-16-2011, 05:45 PM
the 7.3 was a demon diesel.

and a leaky one at it lol 7.3 were known for tons of oil leak issues. :crazy:

03 Rammer
08-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Smitty, honestly I think from the sounds of it. Your not crazy into wanting to go fast and hot rod the truck. That's fine. From reading up on cummins forum when I was looking around seemed alot of older gents went with banks because they have been around forever, safer power gains with tons of warning features and simple to use. If that sounds like what you want go for it. I almost did but wanted a little more hp/tq gains than what banks had to offer. :)

Smitty
08-16-2011, 07:41 PM
In most ways I am happy with my Smarty Jr. Up to 100hp, some timing, throttle response tuning. I set it on the 70hp (towing mode) and it works like a champ. I just want something more convenient..."on-the-fly", that I can change with out having download every time.

4XLGator
08-16-2011, 07:49 PM
I think my earlier post (#33) might have been premature. While talking with Smitty this evening, I started thinking a bit differently about what I said in that post. So, I am not ruling out one or two of the ones I previously ruled out...LOL....this is forever changing as time passes, research is done and discussions had.

Analog gauges may not be in my future because of this, especially considering the following. If you buy a tuner/programmer with a digital display you get gauges and the tuning, which is actually less money than the analog gauges I want plus a tuner. In addition, installation is more difficult and time consuming with analog gauges due to wiring and probes/sensors.

So, I'm somewhat back at the drawing board. :)

Smitty
08-16-2011, 08:49 PM
I say hell with a programmer...I'm going for twin turbos and a nitrous kit! As soon as I ask my wife ;-)

SmokedRam
08-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Is LPG still popular to boost a diesel engine?

4XLGator
08-16-2011, 09:37 PM
methanol, I believe

Smitty
08-17-2011, 07:44 AM

Not sure. Don't really hear that much about it.

Stealth Mode
08-17-2011, 11:18 AM

Propane is the diesel nitrous... Lol

Smitty
08-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Propane is the diesel nitrous... Lol

Nitrous itself is heavily used.

03 Rammer
08-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Look at the bottom of this page you will see all the parameters that the Adrenaline with pulse monitors: http://www.quadzillapower.com/products/index.cfm/p/Adrenaline-Dodge-06-07

Smitty
08-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Look at the bottom of this page you will see all the parameters that the Adrenaline with pulse monitors: http://www.quadzillapower.com/products/index.cfm/p/Adrenaline-Dodge-06-07

Yep, already have it.

Smitty
08-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Here you go Lee...in case you have not already seen it.

http://www.dodgeownerforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=17136.0;topicseen

4XLGator
08-18-2011, 09:56 PM
^ Thanks Ken.

One thing I noticed about the H & S is the screen size...it is small at 2.75" x 2.25". To compare, a standard business card is 3.5" x 2". I don't think I like that too much as I want something easily visible, especially for monitoring perimeters.

I wish I could find one of these damn things that has everything I want. It appears I am going to have to give up this to get that...not real fond of that considering what they cost.

Edge Juice w/attitude & CTS seems to be in the lead for me right now. Especially considering I want a backup camera, which would normally connect to the stereo (when I upgrade it). But, I might be able to save some money on that if I add the camera to the CTS.

Smitty
08-19-2011, 07:28 AM
^ Thanks Ken.

One thing I noticed about the H & S is the screen size...it is small at 2.75" x 2.25". To compare, a standard business card is 3.5" x 2". I don't think I like that too much as I want something easily visible, especially for monitoring perimeters.

I wish I could find one of these damn things that has everything I want. It appears I am going to have to give up this to get that...not real fond of that considering what they cost.

Edge Juice w/attitude & CTS seems to be in the lead for me right now. Especially considering I want a backup camera, which would normally connect to the stereo (when I upgrade it). But, I might be able to save some money on that if I add the camera to the CTS.

I will update my spreadsheet with the H&S and Bully Dog info this weekend and forward to you.

Yes, there seems to be many deciding factors.

I like the H&S for the 200hp setting. But, no turbo timer. It also seems to be liked by some of the guru's for how they work. Also, H&S had the transmission software. Not sure if worth the extra $299.00.
When you get some time do a comparison between the Mini Maxx and the Bully Dog GT. Tell me if they look awful similar, even the pictures in their instructions look the same. Like H&S took the Bully Dog and did their own thing to it??? Going to ask H&S about it; and if any plans to add Turbo timer.

Edge has lots of goodies, but do not like the idea of paying another $100 to get the 160hp setting.

At first I thought it was unneeded, but sort of like the Quad with the number of hp settings they have. Then you can create custom tunes on top of that.

Decisions Decisions...lol

4XLGator
08-19-2011, 08:42 AM
I will update my spreadsheet with the H&S and Bully Dog info this weekend and forward to you.

Yes, there seems to be many deciding factors.

I like the H&S for the 200hp setting. But, no turbo timer. It also seems to be liked by some of the guru's for how they work. Also, H&S had the transmission software. Not sure if worth the extra $299.00.
When you get some time do a comparison between the Mini Maxx and the Bully Dog GT. Tell me if they look awful similar, even the pictures in their instructions look the same. Like H&S took the Bully Dog and did their own thing to it??? Going to ask H&S about it; and if any plans to add Turbo timer.

Edge has lots of goodies, but do not like the idea of paying another $100 to get the 160hp setting.

At first I thought it was unneeded, but sort of like the Quad with the number of hp settings they have. Then you can create custom tunes on top of that.

Decisions Decisions...lol

The transmission software for our trucks ('06 & '07) is only $99 from H&S. The 6.7L tranny software is $299.

I'll check out the Bully Dog GT versus MiniMaxx this weekend sometime.

I like the function of the Quad but their display dies not impress me. If I could get the function of a Quad with the Edge CTS I'd be happy...I think. LOL! I might be back to square one with analog gauges and a Smarty S-06...I don't know for sure yet. Maybe by the time I decide someone will improve theirs to include everything I want. :D

---

Smitty
08-19-2011, 08:47 AM
The transmission software for our trucks ('06 & '07) is only $99 from H&S. The 6.7L tranny software is $299.

I'll check out the Bully Dog GT versus MiniMaxx this weekend sometime.

I like the function of the Quad but their display dies not impress me. If I could get the function of a Quad with the Edge CTS I'd be happy...I think. LOL! I might be back to square one with analog gauges and a Smarty S-06...I don't know for sure yet. Maybe by the time I decide someone will improve theirs to include everything I want. :D

---

Good...must have misread the price somewhere.

Gauges and that H&S XRT Pro :)

Smitty
08-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Hey Rammer. Quad advertises what the HP increase is for each of their settings. You happen to have or have seen what the associated torques increase are?

Was there any type of settings/options for:
Torque management?
Low boost fueling?
Timimg?
Anything to get better low end?
Remove/adjust Speed or RPM limiter?

03 Rammer
08-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey Rammer. Quad advertises what the HP increase is for each of their settings. You happen to have or have seen what the associated torques increase are?

Was there any type of settings/options for:
Torque management?
Low boost fueling?
Timimg?
Anything to get better low end?
Remove/adjust Speed or RPM limiter?

Torque increases haha now that you mention that, that is something I never found out. lol

To all of the other questions for my model programmer and year: yes, yes,yes,yes and yes. :naughty:

I've done over 120mph :naughty::naughty:

Smitty
08-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Torque increases haha now that you mention that, that is something I never found out. lol

To all of the other questions for my model programmer and year: yes, yes,yes,yes and yes. :naughty:

I've done over 120mph :naughty::naughty:

I sent an email to Quad asking the same questions and below is their reply.

"Ken
The module is not able to change anything with the Torque Management. In our Custom Tuning options you can lower the Rail Pressure Minimum setting to make it more aggressive on the lower end. The timing is not adjustable it is fixed for each power setting and the speed limiter cannot be removed since we are not going through the ECM."

You Quad may be different than the new ones out.

Also, here are the torque numbers to go with the hp settings. Was not on the Quad web site

PL 00- Off
PL 01- Max Mileage
PL 02- 35hp/60 ftlbs
PL 03- 50hp/90 ftlbs
PL 04- 65hp/120 ftlbs
PL 05- 80hp/150 ftlbs
PL 06- 95hp/180 ftlbs
PL 07- 110hp210 ftlbs
PL 08- 125hp/250 ftlbs
PL 09- 140hp/290 ftlbs
PL 10- 160hp/350 ftlbs

03 Rammer
08-24-2011, 03:35 PM
I sent an email to Quad asking the same questions and below is their reply.

"Ken
The module is not able to change anything with the Torque Management. In our Custom Tuning options you can lower the Rail Pressure Minimum setting to make it more aggressive on the lower end. The timing is not adjustable it is fixed for each power setting and the speed limiter cannot be removed since we are not going through the ECM."

You Quad may be different than the new ones out.

Also, here are the torque numbers to go with the hp settings. Was not on the Quad web site

PL 00- Off
PL 01- Max Mileage
PL 02- 35hp/60 ftlbs
PL 03- 50hp/90 ftlbs
PL 04- 65hp/120 ftlbs
PL 05- 80hp/150 ftlbs
PL 06- 95hp/180 ftlbs
PL 07- 110hp210 ftlbs
PL 08- 125hp/250 ftlbs
PL 09- 140hp/290 ftlbs
PL 10- 160hp/350 ftlbs

:roflsquared: Thanks for the torque numbers, and yes apparently mine is different. Just like the 2nd gen ones you can make some pretty slick custom tunes. I can do the same but I can download the custom ones like they can. Only issues I have heard with Quadzilla programmers the buttons get harder to press after awhile and on the X2 the little circuit board inside gets loose. But also Edge has the button issues aswell. Touch screen would be the way to go.