View Full Version : My AC is officially broken ...

car_enthusiast63
03-17-2011, 11:15 PM
For about a month now my AC has only been blowing cold air from the driver side and warm air from the passenger side which I found really weird, well I put off even checking it for this long. Today I went to school and it was working as usual but when I got back to go home I turned it onto high and theres a loud buzzing noise coming from under the dash in the passenger side and barely any air comes out. I dont know much about AC's so I have no idea so its time to learn, what could this be? Oh and to add to that my heater has been broken for prob a year now or more but down here its not that big a deal at all. has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any ideas what the problem may be?

Onk
03-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Sounds like the blender valve door broke and is maybe blocking the air flow out to the vents...

My blender door is stuck open so when I have the heat on, only the pass side is heated...driver side blows ice cold..lol

A/C tho, works on both sides...

car_enthusiast63
03-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks Kevin, I'll check that in the morning, I hate being without AC in the hot florida weather

AWE Daniel
03-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Yup blending door, thats a fun one to fix too, its in the bottom of the dash.

car_enthusiast63
03-17-2011, 11:40 PM
Is it too hard to get to? I mean I have no choice but to fix it but to have an idea, I have to take apart the glove box door to get to it right?

AWE Daniel
03-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Im not 100% sure but i think it involves partially pulling the dash...

car_enthusiast63
03-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Ouch, that may take quite a bit, oo well, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do, and its always fun taking things apart, frustrating at times but fun. Thanks Daniel I appreciate the help

Onk
03-17-2011, 11:50 PM
it involves pulling the entire dash out...which is why I havent touched it...lol

AWE Daniel
03-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAclL84Qq8E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRo1ook3v9I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu0BIvhDT8E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

car_enthusiast63
03-17-2011, 11:55 PM
well yours blows cold atleast lol, mine doesnt at all, just barely blows any air at all and its been hot lately lol, well maybe I go look for a dash at a junkyard or something, mine is cracked. So if I will be pulling the whole dash out might as well. Thanks guys for the help, i really appreciate it

Onk
03-17-2011, 11:57 PM
LMAO...

"You may be asking yourself why Dodge felt the need to use so many damn screws..."

and I got the answer for ya...

"Hell if I know"

Onk
03-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Thats another reason I havent done it...

If you just look at my dash wrong, it will crack....do anything that would involve touching it or anything next to it would pretty much kill it...lol

car_enthusiast63
03-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Lmao yea i heard that part too lol great video so far though, Thanks for posting them up Daniel. And yea tell me about it i got a huge crack in mine and the front peice that is separate is just falling apart, I went to see if I would pull it off I dont even know why and that thing just snaps in little peices. My dads 2nd gen just has a huge hole in the dash most is gone already. i dont get why the hell that happens. Oh and for that front peice, i was thinking of buying a new one to replace it, its like 200 dollars just for that one piece.