PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to reach hid extra?

I put on my HID kits today, fogs and headlights. Both fogs work nice and one headlight works but the other headlight bulb they sent is shot. Probably defective from the factory. Anyway, I tried calling their 800 number with no luck. Anyone know a better way to contact them or a number that actually leads to someone besides a salesman who says he can't help?

03 Rammer
03-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Email them they will respond within 24 hours, very good customer support.

03 Rammer
03-15-2011, 08:33 PM
They responded less than that, infact it was an hour later I got an email back from them. Of course it was during business hours.

Also did you get the required cap packs with the kit for the headlamps?

They responded less than that, infact it was an hour later I got an email back from them. Of course it was during business hours.

Also did you get the required cap packs with the kit for the headlamps?

What email address did you use? [email protected]?

I did get the cap packs when I ordered the kit. Here is a pic of the good bulb next to the bad bulb just to give you an idea of what the bad one looks like (bad one is on the left).

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp115/jason149149/HID.jpg

03 Rammer
03-15-2011, 08:42 PM
yeah it was there help email. I had question about their kits and emailed them and they got back to me right away. Just provide them with all the info that way they just email you back with "whats your order number" lol

Im currently running this kit on my truck and others. I got them for 39 bucks shipped a few months back. No issues. Im planning on going back to my bixenon kit soon just because. :)

03 Rammer
03-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Just thought I'd share but here is my pics from one of my how too and product review from another forum.

http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac176/03rammer/HID%20EXTRA%20KITS/

yeah it was there help email. I had question about their kits and emailed them and they got back to me right away. Just provide them with all the info that way they just email you back with "whats your order number" lol

Im currently running this kit on my truck and others. I got them for 39 bucks shipped a few months back. No issues. Im planning on going back to my bixenon kit soon just because. :)

I did include that order number just so I wouldn't get that response :).

Other than the busted bulb, the kits work nice. The one headlight that works fires right up and does not give a lamp out indicator. The fogs were also an easy install. Now I just have to hope they will send me a new bulb without too much hassle.

What temp kit did you go with? 6000k?

03 Rammer
03-15-2011, 08:54 PM
I did include that order number just so I wouldn't get that response :).

Other than the busted bulb, the kits work nice. The one headlight that works fires right up and does not give a lamp out indicator. The fogs were also an easy install. Now I just have to hope they will send me a new bulb without too much hassle.

What temp kit did you go with? 6000k?

Dont worry they will take care of you. From what I've heard they send you the new part first with a return mailing for the defective part.

I went with the 5K mainly because its closer to the OEM white hids from like the 300s and challengers.

03 Rammer
03-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Also I just saw they have life chat during business hours ;)

Hopefully it will work out. I just hate driving around with HID fogs and halogen headlights. Looks kind of off when I have them all on and the heads are that yellow halogen color and the fogs are the 6000k color.

Silverbullet08
03-15-2011, 08:58 PM
email or facebook

Also I just saw they have life chat during business hours ;)

I tried that.........after about 20 minutes of waiting I gave up on that mode of contact :)

AWE Daniel
03-15-2011, 09:27 PM
From what I've heard they send you the new part first with a return mailing for the defective part.

That was not my experience, but they may do that with bulbs. I had a bad ballast from the start, and one go bad on me after a month. They wanted me to return the ballast (at my cost) first.

I have been running their slim ballast ever since that incident and have had zero problems, and their capacitors work perfect.

I did reach them by email and they give you a link and a case number to submit a claim on their site, but you should be able to reach them from that number, it worked for me about half a year ago.

And Teach, if for some reason you cannot reach them, you can get bulbs dirt cheap from anywhere, they are all the same just about.

And Teach, if for some reason you cannot reach them, you can get bulbs dirt cheap from anywhere, they are all the same just about.

Already checked out the price of some bulbs and they are pretty cheap. Just want to see if they will make it right before I go buying a new one since this one came broken out of the package. If they don't, then I will buy a new one. Sucks bc I really wanted to get them on tonight, oh well.

You got lucky I guess or maybe my luck is just bad. I have been trying for about a day now to find someone to help me at their company and nothing. Tried emailing, calling and posting a message on their message board. No results. Starting to regret choosing to go with them for my hid's. Probably just going to have to buy some new bulbs bc I am getting no where fast trying to go through them.

txbass06
03-16-2011, 11:27 PM
That sucks man. I've hears mixed reviews about their customer service. People either get treated great or they get ignored like you. No middle ground. That's the main reason I do bidness with DDMTuning

Silverbullet08
03-17-2011, 01:00 AM
ddm isnt any better search that name in google lol

Well, I received an email from them overnight. They want me to cut part of the bulb and send them a pic. I guess so they know I am not trying to scam them out of a free bulb. I'll let you guys know what happens.

03 Rammer
03-18-2011, 08:34 PM
DDM is no better, it takes a month to get your order then about 70% of the time its wrong, there customer serivce is far from great and not to mention. THEY ARE GETTING OUT OF THE HID BUSINESS BECAUSE OF LEGAL ISSUES!!!

txbass06
03-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Haven't heard that they're closing down yet. Oh well lol

03 Rammer
03-18-2011, 08:54 PM
They sure are not right away but in a few months. They also said they will only process a certain amount of warranty issues. And that they will eventually not be able to accept them at some point.

Just say Im not fond of DDM anymore like I once was espcially after I heard about the 100% failure rate of the coil overs from ddm, not that it effects us but it could if another driver on the road has them.

I did finally hear back from hid extra. They accepted my claim and said they will ship out the new bulb in 5 - 7 business days. So it looks like about two weeks until I can finally get this swap done. Also, if anyone needs the special web address for hid extra claims let me know.

One last update. I received my new bulb today (they actually sent me two). Overall it took about 9 days from the time I originally contacted them until I received the replacement bulb. One bonus now is that I have a spare bulb in case one ever blows out.

OklaHemi
03-24-2011, 05:31 PM
pretty sweet deal teach. they seem to have pretty good cs even thought they get bashed a lot

The key seems to be to hassle them until they get back to you. It must have been about five emails and a couple calls to them before I was able to get some service. But once I did get in contact with them they did make good on the broken bulb.